Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

The [spoonitnow strategy] Back to Basics Series

Video The [spoonitnow strategy] Back to Basics Series

I have a weekly strategy column here at FlopTurnRiver. It covers a wide range of topics, and you can check out the entire history of the series at this link. Some of it covers more advanced stuff, but one series that I have is the Back to Basics series where I cover some of the more fundamental aspects of poker.

One of the keys to this series is trying to present basic information in a way that will more easily help you to transition into a less basic way of thinking about poker. There are currently five installments in this particular series.

Back to Basics (Part 1): Implied Odds
    Back to Basics (Part 2): Reverse Implied Odds
    Back to Basics (Part 3): Semi-Bluffing in Position
    Back to Basics (Part 4): Continuation Betting
    Back to Basics (Part 5): Poker Reads Made Simple

I'm posting this here for two reasons. The first reason is that it's not always easy to dig through the archives to find this stuff, so it's nice to have it all in one place. The second reason is that...

I'm Looking for Topic Suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for the Back to Basics series. I want to know what you guys want to know about or hear me ramble on about because this series is primarily geared towards the people who frequent this particular subforum.

Thanks!
    The sixth edition of the Back to Basics series has been released:

Back to Basics (Part 6): True Equity

The model used in this week's column is the starting point that I offer for every single person who I work with in poker because it allows you to understand calling down bets, value betting and bluffing all with one simple idea.