Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

March Stat Check-up

Default March Stat Check-up

So.....still working on becoming a winning player at 10NL. I have cut down on the number of tables i play to 4.

Some obv. things i want to work on in April:
    Volume - really busy at work in March
    Raising my PFR from LP, converging with VPIP
    3betting in LP more with Axs etc against specific villains
    Calling 3bet less.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Openside; 04-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Just right-click the image and open in new tab. Everyone should be able to see then, if not itt.
    Any way you could post the image with totals along the bottom? Like all your stats averaged out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid_Rage View Post
    Any way you could post the image with totals along the bottom? Like all your stats averaged out?
    Fixed. Sorry, i know its been asked before but how do i get it to display without having to right click?
    Try Imgur or imageshack

are you using the [img][/img] format? Other than that idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Openside View Post
    EDIT: bah! Post with photobucket and it still isnt working. Any ideas? Anyone able to see the pic?
    This works for me.

1) Create your graph GIF image (works better than JPEG for graphs, but either will work) and save it to your Desktop or wherever.
    2) Go to Image Shack. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    3) Click the 'Browse' button to locate the graph on your computer.
    4) On the Image Shack site, you can choose "Do not resize" (or your choice) from the dropdown menu.
    5) Click the 'Upload Now' button.

After it's uploaded, youll see a list 'Links to share your image:'
    Copy the code next to: Forum Code
    Then go to FTR, write whatever you want to in the thread and paste the code. Thats all there is to it. Don't try to 'Attach' anything. Just copy and paste the code from ImageShack.
    Last edited by PlayToWin; 04-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    Thanks bud
    Wondering why you specifically saying 3betting with "Axs" in LP? Why didn't you include other 3betting bluffing hands? Why did you even include Axs in the bluffing range to begin with?

Steal a lot more, cbet more (IMO), call 3bets more most likely (not a ton more), call opens less often (not saying to fold), double barrel less IF you choose to cbet more. I'd probably switch cbet and turn barrel stats.

I say make a 40 minute video and let me know if you want. I hope to have the BC reviewing a BC member's video once a week and we can start with yours if you want/know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmind View Post
    Wondering why you specifically saying 3betting with "Axs" in LP? Why didn't you include other 3betting bluffing hands? Why did you even include Axs in the bluffing range to begin with?
    I miss alot of value against villains with high fold to 3bet. I think Axs and Kxs and suited connectors are a good to open up my semi bluff range in LP. Axs and Kxs specifically bc i hold blockers to AA and KK and can flop decent equity with.

I say make a 40 minute video and let me know if you want. I hope to have the BC reviewing a BC member's video once a week and we can start with yours if you want/know how.
    I saw you post this idea, forget where and commented that it is a great idea. I will work on it this weekend
    Last edited by Openside; 04-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    I hope to have the BC reviewing a BC member's video once a week and we can start with yours if you want/know how.
    Is it possible to make a tutorial explaining how to create and post the video so more people will give it a try? Any links to other tutorials?
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    Openside - yeah those are fine I was just asking why you chose Axs as opposed to SCs but now I see you put both. What you need to try to figure out is vs. what types of opponents should you have the SCs in your range as opposed to Axs and vise versa. You don't want a static range here.

The video idea was in Harley's blog and glad you like it. Just let me know if you need help.

PlayToWin - Yep, definitely thought about this before and I realize this is a must. I know Camtasia has a 30-day trial but I wonder if there's any freeware that's suitable. I've tried one that I never got to work but others may like it (Camstudio).
    1) Create your graph jpeg and save it to your Desktop or wherever.
    Don't use jpeg. jpeg is good for photography but will blur drawings and graphs and text. Use the png or gif formats.

I've tried one that I never got to work but others may like it (Camstudio).
    Camstudio is 100% freeware and works perfectly well for me.

edit: I withdraw what I said above about Camstudio. Unfortunately I have not managed to find a way of getting it to produce decently sized files, successfully record the audio at the same time as the vid and half of the codecs don't seem to work. Just get out there and get yourself a "trial" version of Camtasia, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Also, make sure you choose a widely available codec in the Camstudio "video configuration" window, so that other users have a better chance to be able to replay the vid out of the box.
    Last edited by daviddem; 04-02-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Virginity is like a bubble: one prick and it's all gone
    Ignoranus (n): A person who is stupid AND an assh*le
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
    Don't use jpeg.
    Yea, I use gif's but i don't want to confuse people. Anyway I edited the instructions.

kmind - it wouldn't be a bad idea to have image posting instructions as a sticky. You can use what I wrote above or change it, watev.