Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

External Frustration

Default External Frustration

During the past few days, I think external frustration has put me on a sort of tilt that has me making very bad plays. I'll know I'm beat and yet still pressing the 'call' or 'raise' button though there's no way I'm going to get him to put it down and I've only middle pair, or some such. I'm making very poor decisions that I know are bad decisions, and yet I'm still making them.

This isn't happening all the time, occasionally I can focus and think only about the game or about other things and then I do well. But when I let frustration seep in... that's the end.

So I think taking a week or so off (from playing) might be the best course of action (although I'm still going to be reading these forums )
    If I had a hammer
    I'd drop in the morning
    I'd drop in the evening..
    yeah I find I play the best when I'm relaxed, take some time off and come fresh and hungry
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty
    yeah I find I play the best when I'm relaxed, take some time off and come fresh and hungry
    Good Advice, this is why I usually crap out of our local cash game between a bunch of friends. I start focused, wanting to easily take their money(fish), but then I find myself making stupid calls/raises because I get caught up mentally picking around with someone else or just chatting about local stuff and don't even bother putting thought forth into how the table's playing or even how I should attack.

Just take some time off, relax, and like Toasty said, you'll come back fresh and ready to make some dough.

BTW - Watch some poker on TV or something like that, that really gets me in the playin' mood when I see pots getting bluffed or someone rollin' Aces full of Kings

Billy