Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

cool hand vs will641

Default cool hand vs will641

Will is a good multitabling nitTAG over several hundred hands, capable of bluffing in big pots. We've battled in the past so he's aware that i can also run big bluffs. Today we haven't really been in any big pots together.

With the board so dry i decide to rep a slowplayed set and was planning to check/raise the turn. When he checked through i decided to check/raise the river instead, figuring his range would be pretty weak. I was very surprised when he shoved over my check raise. Getting 3:1 and the fact he is representing exactly 8-8, can i call this? IMO i don't think im beat by a bluff too often but maybe i'm not considering this a large enough factor.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($143.95)
    Button ($184.80)
    SB ($376.80)
    Hero ($240.60)
    UTG ($203.25)
    MP ($224.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
    3 folds, Button raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($13) 2, 3, T (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $10, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($33) 5 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($33) 8 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $24, Hero raises to $82, Button raises to $168.8, Hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    I like your analysis, and I'd definitely consider calling it.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    i would not c/r the river or call the river or call the shove. what do you think his range is for betting the river after not 2barreling this innocuous turn, and one that strengthens an Ax semibluff? When you c/r, you are representing a range of 55/88/T8s/A4s/bluff. When he shoves I'd say he's bluffing <1% of the time and has exactly 88 98% of the time.

quick edit: Or maybe will is a monkey and you read his soul.
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsinho
    i would not c/r the river or call the river or call the shove. what do you think his range is for betting the river after not 2barreling this innocuous turn, and one that strengthens an Ax semibluff? When you c/r, you are representing a range of 55/88/T8s/A4s/bluff. When he shoves I'd say he's bluffing <1% of the time and has exactly 88 98% of the time.

quick edit: Or maybe will is a monkey and you read his soul.

i didn't consider that

sadly i think no regular at 200NL bluffs over a river c/r, so now im feeling

Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    I'd definetely fold to a shove, and I'd probably just call river.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    you could shove the river yourself
    i just fold though to the river bet
    you got a pair. its difficult to make a pair in NLHE , and you already HAVE a pair preflops. The board is only T high , and a T isnt in this NITs range. Shove/call with pair for value and stack dis fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-b
    you got a pair. its difficult to make a pair in NLHE , and you already HAVE a pair preflops. The board is only T high , and a T isnt in this NITs range. Shove/call with pair for value and stack dis fish.
    I LOLed for real
    If your hand is good enough to call a 3bet doesn't that make raising in the first place really spewy? Unless you think he shoves his entire range to a raise.... Was that your plan?
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Sometimes I decide on a line, such as a c/r, with the intention on bluffing... as it may be my best way to win the pot. When a c/r fails on the street that I planned on - I don't go into Plan B bluffing mode.

A c/r on the turn may have been an excellently +EV idea.I recommend not falling too far from the tree and just keep it simple.
    ROFL
    Just fold. Or if you think your ahead..call. No need to get tricky here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo
    i just fold though to the river bet
    Yah this. I think if he's gonna be bluffing, he'd probably double barrel instead of the bet/check/bet line.

If you have a read otherwise, then it's not horrible. I'd probably fold now though, he knows you know he's not repping anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitstrict
    ROFL
    POTY!!!
    I think overshoving the river is much better than the raise you made.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    thanks for all the feedback guys, i learned a lot from your responses
    Quote Originally Posted by will641
    The problem I see with this line by Hero is that IFFF Hero had a really strong hand, I don't think this is the kind of spot he'd go for a c/r with. This card is a full blank, and by previous action there is no indication that button will bet this river at all, and will probably get checked through a very high percentage of the time.

It's more likely you'd go for a c/r on an Ace river than on such a blank river.
    oh yeah results

im an idiot and called, will showed me 8-8
    nutsinho pwned this analysis. Good jorb.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalecooper
    nutsinho pwned this analysis. Good jorb.
    Yeah, pretty good for "some mid stakes donk".

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.