Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

PHILLIES = NL EAST CHAMPS

Default PHILLIES = NL EAST CHAMPS

First postseason appearance since '93. HELL YEAH!

P.S. The Mets choke job was of epic proportions.
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH. 7 games back on september 12th...and now, we are on our way. After fourteen LOOOOOOOONG years...the phillies are ready to make another post season run.

Rollins for MVP.
    derp
    I got shivers watching and listening to Harry call the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by dthorne04
    After thirteen LOOOOOOOONG years...the phillies are ready to make another post season run.
    Rollins for MVP.
    QFMFT
    how sick was that? like...he was going apeshit just calling the game...it's really awesome to listen to him call the games when he clearly cares so much about the team...charlie manuel getting doused by the players in the clubhouse while getting interviewed...

this is just the beginning.
    derp
    Just like a Philly fan to start getting behind their team and talking smack AFTER they do something well, lol.

'sup Mets fan

pshh. i'm beyond die hard when it comes to philadelphia, get that shitttt outta here.

besides, what are we supposed to do...not brag? it's been fourteen years...

gogoogo phils.
    derp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate George
    Just like a Philly fan to start getting behind their team and talking smack AFTER they do something well, lol.
    WTF? I'm not just starting to get behind anyone. I was at two games of the '83 World Series when they got crushed by Baltimore. I lived and died during Game 4 of the '93 World Series (the 15-14 game). I live in Seattle and have listened to 80+ games on mlb.com radio all six years since I've moved out here. YOU WANNA FIGHT GEORGE?

Philly fans know better than to start talking smack before they make the postseason because they've been close the last three years and not made it. I was talking to a buddy after the last out in the ninth and he just kept saying, "This is real? It's not a hoax? The Mets really lost?" It's been tough being a Philly sports fan the last 24 years.
    pshh. i'm beyond die hard when it comes to philadelphia, get that shitttt outta here.

besides, what are we supposed to do...not brag? it's been fourteen years...

gogoogo phils.
    Nah man, I was just making a comment about Philly fans in general. Everything is always so negative with them, like you're expecting them not to do well and when they do awesome things all of the sudden its WOOT WOOT.

I'm glad the Mets choked and the Phillies won, they're a lot more fun to watch. And yes, Rollins for MVP please.

P.S. Rollins is now one of my favorite players. Dude comes out before the season and says "we're the team to beat" and not only does the team do well, but the team does well because of him......not many players today make bold statements like that to start with, and not many players that make those types of statements back them up. Huge DAP to him.

Nah man, I was just making a comment about Philly fans in general. Everything is always so negative with them, like you're expecting them not to do well and when they do awesome things all of the sudden its WOOT WOOT.
    It's true we're negative in general but it's an attempt at emotional protection. We haven't won a championship in any sport for 24 years but we've come damn close 6 times. It's painful man. I think most Philly fans are negative and pessimistic b/c they've been heartbroken so many times, but they have a glimmer of optimism deep inside, just waiting to break out on days like this
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    It's true we're negative in general but it's an attempt at emotional protection. We haven't won a championship in any sport for 24 years but we've come damn close 6 times. It's painful man. I think most Philly fans are negative and pessimistic b/c they've been heartbroken so many times, but they have a glimmer of optimism deep inside, just waiting to break out on days like this
    or you're all just a bunch of assholes

ZING!

I will be glued to my TV when the Playoffs start. I'd love to see a Yankees/Phillies World Series. Not that I like the Yankees, because I was taught to hate them as a child (I'm a Royals fan, my dad was a Royals fan, back in the day the Yankees vs. Royals was like THE rivalry before we became teh suck)......but their team is so damn fun to watch because they're all so good at the game.

KC Royals in '09 (not next year, we're still too young I think, but we're doing it the right way and should be able to compete in two years!)

You guys aren't beating any of the other NL playoff teams, short lived celebration.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Nice, just saw on espn.com that Rollins joined the 20-20-20-20 club. (homers, stolen bases, doubles, triples)

Quote Originally Posted by bigred
    You guys aren't beating any of the other NL playoff teams, short lived celebration.
    big lol@ that

whoever wins the rockies - padres playoff is going down.
    derp
    Putney, UK; Full Tilt,Mansion; $50 NL and PL; $13 and $16 SNGs at Stars
    GO ROCKIES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred
    QFT

Go sox.