Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Couple hands at 50NL...help?

Default Couple hands at 50NL...help?

Just sat down, no idea what is going on...

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
    6 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ericnr1 ($56.20)
    UTG 1 _inessa21_ ($75.00)
    CO fish987 ($95.70)
    BTN goarne ($21.35)
    SB Hero ($49.50)
    BB AA Gotcha ($50.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB
    2 folds, fish987 raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50, 2 players)
    Hero bets $3.60, fish987 raises to $9, Hero calls $5.40

Turn: ($22.50, 2 players)
    Hero bets $9, fish987 goes all-in $84.70, Hero ????
    And again not even 5 minutes later...

6 players

Stacks:
    UTG HoldemHiLo ($29.25)
    UTG 1 Hero ($42.75)
    CO 69TheDude69 ($24.50)
    BTN ericnr1 ($68.20)
    SB _inessa21_ ($72.25)
    BB fish987 ($135.20)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG 1
    1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, _inessa21_ raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.50, 2 players)
    _inessa21_ bets $12.50, Hero ????
    Another one...Im not running my stats but villain has been playing very solid

4 players

Stacks:
    CO 94NOLE ($29.25)
    BTN ray_lankford_16 ($49.60)
    SB Hero ($124.55)
    BB mnc83 ($69.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is SB
    94NOLE calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, mnc83 calls $1.50, 94NOLE calls $1.50

Flop: ($6, 3 players)
    Hero bets $4, mnc83 raises to $14, 1 fold, Hero calls $10

Turn: ($34, 2 players)
    Hero checks, mnc83 bets $21.50, Hero ????
    And again....

6 players

Stacks:
    UTG DZ 2 EZ ($52.15)
    UTG 1 Hero ($65.90)
    CO s-dubya ($61.90)
    BTN igotaking23 ($49.25)
    SB LovingLouise ($53.05)
    BB Tcass ($75.60)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG 1
    DZ 2 EZ raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $5, 4 folds, DZ 2 EZ raises to $15.75, Hero calls $10.75

Flop: ($32.25, 2 players)
    DZ 2 EZ goes all-in $36.40, Hero ????
    Hand 1 - Check the turn. You don't have the nuts and you're playing like you have them. I check to see what he does. Without a read I can call His raise and call one bet. If we check/call the turn then we check/call the river depending on the bet size.

Hand 2 - I call. This is AK so many times. Fold to another bet on the turn.

Hand 3 - I shove the flop.

Hand 4 - Fold to the 4bet pre so you don't have to get into these situations. As played you have to call. It's razor thin, but if you called pre with AQ, this is the flop you wanted.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    1. Not a great hand to call with from the sb with no reads or stats on villain. Just dump it. As played, fold to the flop raise, definitely fold to the turn push.

2. No stats/reads? Fold to the 3b. As played, push over the cbet.

3. 4b push flop. As played, c/push I guess, I dunno.

4. Flat it pre, or dump it. Don't 3b an utg raiser with AQo. Definitely don't call the 4b.
    So Hand #2 call or push the flop? ...and the rest of y'alls advice is directly on point.

Hand #1 was terribly played, but I ended up calling that shove out of curiosity (stupid)...he had 44.

Hand #2 I actually folded the flop, which is why im confused as to whether I should have been calling or pushing.

Hand #3 was also badly played by me, I needed to 4bet the flop but instead I called and he lead out the turn, which I decided to push over top of... he had 77 and turned his straight. Pushing the flop would have eliminated this.

Hand #4 was fairly lucky, I called his shove and he showed AK, no K on the turn or the river and I was a winner (phew), next time I fold to his 4bet.

Thanks again guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    Don't 3b an utg raiser with AQo. Definitely don't call the 4b.
    3-bet is good unless he's a nit, calling the 4-bet is really really bad, partiuclarly given that you 3-bet him from the Hi-Jack.
    1. As played, fold to the flop raise
    I think this is pretty weak-tight. If we are folding TPTK to a smallish raise then we're losing shitloads of value against cbet catchers, not to mention the fact that this makes us highly exploitable. I think a much better line is calling and reevaluating.
    Quote Originally Posted by freechus9
    I think this is pretty weak-tight. If we are folding TPTK to a smallish raise then we're losing shitloads of value against cbet catchers, not to mention the fact that this makes us highly exploitable. I think a much better line is calling and reevaluating.
    Most players at that level suck and aren't raising light. Figure out how often he's raising and what sorts of hands and either stick to the hand or just dump it without paying off the raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    Most players at that level suck and aren't raising light.
    Ahh...lol, I find a lot of players raising with air so im not so sure about that statement. Although, I do agree with your evaluation process.
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitstrict
    Ahh...lol, I find a lot of players raising with air.
    Details and frequency matter. How often does an unknown player raise a hand worse than AJ there? How often do they continue to give action?
    You make a valid point...lol, im just saying in general...i don't think calling the flop raise was that bad, the turn is where i see my problems.
    Get in the habbit of thinking a street ahead.

What are the chances either your AJ TPTK improves to the best hand or he checks behind? Still like your flop call?
    Nooo sir, good point....damn lol ;\
    Fnord, all i have to say is...the play youre advocating leads me to believe that you have far from a firm grasp on the aggression level of todays games. Even at SSNL. Plz spend less time on this forum, and more time playing so that you might get a bit better grasp on todays games online.

Welcoming myself to the forums,
    -Adam

To OP, weve discussed each hand on aim.....you know my thoughts..and I look forward to discussing more hands like this in the future.
    Welcome to FTR, Adam.
    Yeah, Fnord needs to spend more time thinking about the game and less time giving advice!!

What site is this on?

I really dont get calling the flop raise and then leading the turn. Surely if you lead there its to b/f not to b/c. If you're going to b/c a somewhat bad turn, then 3-bet/calling the flop makes a lot more sense I think.
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    The plan was to b/f obviously but for some reason I made a last second call as I felt I was good, I surely realize now that c/c the turn was the smarter play.
    Sorry guys, I play bad.
    This thread turned hilarious. Adam, what a douchey way to "welcome yourself to the forum".

I was the one the originally recommended folding to the raise. It's not that his cbet got raised, like freechus said, his donk got raised, and small on a drawy board, which is sketchy. Calling the raise and re-evaluating is certainly not a big leak, but your hand is almost never improving and you have no reads or stats on this guy. If you have a bluffy image, or villain is bluffy, raises junk from lp, etc., I'd think about repopping the flop and getting it in, but without reads I think folding is fine.
    It's not that his cbet got raised, like freechus said, his donk got raised, and small on a drawy board, which is sketchy.
    Shit sorry misread the HH. I agree, mucking is a good idea.

Also I lol'd hard at this thread.
    Finally, someone put that Fnord guy in his place!

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    muck tptk on a drawy board for one bet is a good play

[ ] true
    [x] false
    Your posts are full of insight and your analysis is indisputable.
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    chill on the fighting o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by ah2388
    muck tptk on a drawy board for one bet is a good play

[ ] true
    [x] false
    There are a couple key unlimited hold'them concepts you're missing.
    Hand 1

The problem is you keep donk betting into him, and you don't have reads on how he'll react to donk leads. I'd say, don't donk lead on flop if you don't know what he'll do and you don't know what you'll do if he raises (cause a lot of players just auto raise donk leads)

Same thing on the turn, since your donk lead looks like a weak blocking bet based on sizing, so he could easily just jam with a draw again since you look so weak.

Hand 1, if you think you're ahead after he raises your flop lead I'd just put in a 3-bet here and play for stacks.