Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

first day at 200nl

Default first day at 200nl

no notes, but dude runs 28/8/2.4/200. Is this even a cbet? should I be b/f turn and c/f blanked river, or c/c and c/f a blank? This might takes some serious range forming, which I need some help on, and then need to decide what line is best. Bet Sizing...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($119.05)
    BB ($203)
    UTG ($357.85)
    Hero ($207.75)
    CO ($257.10)
    Button ($216.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K.
    1 fold, Hero raises to $7, CO calls $7, Button calls $7, 2 folds.

Flop: ($24) T, Q, T (3 players)
    Hero bets $18, CO calls $18, Button folds.

Turn: ($60) A (2 players)
    Hero bets $44, CO calls $44.

River: ($148) 3 (2 players) hero?
    here is my inspiration, ISF upset that he lost a dollar: http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...806.html#28211
    C-bet seems fine, u have outs, and cant just give up on the flop like that. villains cant really continue with most PPs or SCs.
    Turn card is nice, but river is scary.
    blocking bet should be done imho, fold to a raise.
    His range pf is PPs and SCs mostly, including some high cards such as JTs, QTs, QJs, KQ, KJs

He just calls on flop which tells us nothing, he could be drawing to clubs/straight, just have Q, or have a monster and dont want to lose button by raising. We can eliminate all PPs lower than 99 and SCs without clubs or T. High cards are still there

On turn he just calls, if he had a monster like QT or AT, once the button is gone, he should raise, as the board has probably hit you big, and you have bet both streets. Better to raise there than risk a cooler coming on the river freezing action. The A is a good place for him to bet.

As played, Ax of clubs is a big possibility
    Tough one
    "could I take out every woman and child in a border town?"
    For the right to be governed, waste them without mercy.
    When you've decided. Meet me at the airport.
    i can't think of any hands that want to put more chips into the middle on the river, that you also beat.
    Probably c/f river. Not a lot of hands he should be betting that we beat if we c/c. And not a lot of hands should be calling that we beat if we bet.

You really should have some reads on this guy after 200 hands.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    value bet river. fold if he jams cuz he has a flush. cant just check the river cuz it means u r giving up on the hand and are forced to fold to any aggression at all. if you are merging often enough u should be getting looked up by worse aces or Qx occasionally.
    I like a small value bet on the river but I would to a shove.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew
    i can't think of any hands that want to put more chips into the middle on the river, that you also beat.
    KQ, AJo with Ac??, QJo with Jc??, 9d8d...
    those might call a blocking bet (98 would fold), fold to big bet, bet us out if we check...
    no reads makes this hard. I think b/f makes it easier on the river.
    i would only bet this river if i thought he looks me up with Ax thinking hes chopping. not that theres really any Ax's in his range anyways. i think this is c/f. i mean he is called two streets on a super drawy board, and the flush hits.

this is definitely one of those boards that i would not cbet. we have a lot of tainted outs far too often. especially into two people. if you had a club blocker it would prolly be closer.

lets think of all the hands that beat us that call/shove the river: AQs, AQo, ATs, ATo, QTs, QTo, KJs, KJo, JTo/s, T9 o/s, any fd he may have, etc.

hands that likely call a small bet that we beat: AJ o/s, KQ o/s, QJ o/s, Q9 o/s.

i dont see how betting here could be +EV.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by will641
    what about being bet out of the pot if we have the best hand? How could we take that into account?
    sure, most of his hands beat us, but the blocking bet may win us the whole pot if we do have the best hand, whereas we lose relatively small if he shoves and we fold. By checking i think we're telegraphing we give up, and he will fire a lot and we cant call.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdpikas
    what about being bet out of the pot if we have the best hand? How could we take that into account?
    sure, most of his hands beat us, but the blocking bet may win us the whole pot if we do have the best hand, whereas we lose relatively small if he shoves and we fold. By checking i think we're telegraphing we give up, and he will fire a lot and we cant call.
    What did he call 2 streets with that bluffs this river?

the same hands we beat?
    "could I take out every woman and child in a border town?"
    For the right to be governed, waste them without mercy.
    When you've decided. Meet me at the airport.
    -the only two hands that I could see him getting here with that we beat are KQ and QJ, maybe Q9 (no flush) and he prbly folds these to any river bet besides something like 1/3 pot, which by then Im in so deep Im almost commited to call if he shoves.

-him holding any ace that we beat other than another AK seems highly unlikey to me, with him calling the flop with the button stll to act and all, so there is no value there.

-and i still dont get how we can block this river, I have a pot size stack, and for sure am not b/f it, and his turn call seemed kinda strange to me, idk what hes really doing that with.

-and, he might even check behind hands that are gonna snap call river bets, T9, AQ.

that being said, wouldn't c/f have to be the best option?
    here is my inspiration, ISF upset that he lost a dollar: http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...806.html#28211
    I agree on b/f being the best, but not in this case. We have a potsize bet left and I dont see any amount that we could b/f with.

I dont think checking necessarily telegraphs giving up if we've shown we're capable of c/r river bets.
    the same hands we beat?
    You expect him to turn QJ/KQ into a bluff on this board? What's the point? And every other hand that he calls two streets with now beats us. So you want to put money in on the river while his range is now crushing us in the hopes that he's betting a hand he shouldn't be betting?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    the same hands we beat?
    You expect him to turn QJ/KQ into a bluff on this board? What's the point? And every other hand that he calls two streets with now beats us. So you want to put money in on the river while his range is now crushing us in the hopes that he's betting a hand he shouldn't be betting?
    wow, chill dude...
    i dont expect anything, I was asking and discussing options
    lol, i doubt this guy is that smart. i dooubt hes capable of turning anything into a bluff on this board, with the pot this big.

and also i dont even think he takes QJ/KQ this far, and most certainly will NOT be bluffing this river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiplt
    -him holding any ace that we beat other than another AK seems highly unlikey to me, with him calling the flop with the button stll to act and all, so there is no value there.
    the only Ax combo's he has are AcXc, and guess what, that just made the flush. its conceivable that he has AJ, but unlikely, and i dont think he calls a bet.

-and i still dont get how we can block this river, I have a pot size stack, and for sure am not b/f it, and his turn call seemed kinda strange to me, idk what hes really doing that with.
    we can block this river, but i think its stupid. you can get away with folding pretty easy if he shoves.

-and, he might even check behind hands that are gonna snap call river bets, T9, AQ.

that being said, wouldn't c/f have to be the best option?
    yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    the same hands we beat?
    wow, chill dude...
    i dont expect anything, I was asking and discussing options
    Umm, for the record, I never get heated on message boards, and was simply discussing the situation as well. ?'s do not equal !'s.

Cbet, bet turn, c/f river. Now if the 3 isnt a club the decision is pretty tough.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    I don't see much value in betting this river, and I also don't see many worse hands betting if you check, so a check-fold seems appropriate.
    I would c/c the turn but that's a little picky. He's not floating any Ax hands besides AJ and i'd find it hard to believe that he calls any Qx here or worse. If he checks behind the turn you can safely v-bet a lot of rivers.

This is a river c/f as played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo
    I would c/c the turn but that's a little picky. He's not floating any Ax hands besides AJ and i'd find it hard to believe that he calls any Qx here or worse. If he checks behind the turn you can safely v-bet a lot of rivers.

This is a river c/f as played.
    win
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.