Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

GUITAR HERO 3

Default GUITAR HERO 3

2 more weeks til this comes out. I'm about to shit my pants with excitement. The setlist looks spectacular and I can't wait for online play. I'm actually going to get this one at midnight. Even though I think going to a store at midnight to get anything is incredibly nerdy. ayyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

* "3's & 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age[32]
    * "Anarchy in the U.K." – Sex Pistols †[33]
    * "Avalancha" – Héroes del Silencio[34]
    * "Barracuda" – Heart[35]
    * "Before I Forget" – Slipknot[36]
    * "Black Magic Woman" – Santana [36]
    * "Black Sunshine" – White Zombie[36]
    * "Bulls on Parade" – Rage Against the Machine[37]
    * "Cherub Rock" – The Smashing Pumpkins[35]
    * "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult[38]
    * "Cliffs of Dover" – Eric Johnson[36]
    * "Closer" – Lacuna Coil[34]
    * "Cult of Personality" – Living Colour †[35]
    * "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" – Charlie Daniels Band [36]
    * "Even Flow" – Pearl Jam[35]
    * "Generation Rock" – Revolverheld[34]
    * "Go That Far" - Bret Michaels Band[31]
    * "Helicopter" – Bloc Party[36]
    * "Hier Kommt Alex" – Die Toten Hosen[34]
    * "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar[39]
    * "Holiday in Cambodia" – Dead Kennedys[36]
    * "I'm in the Band" – The Hellacopters[34]
    * "In the Belly of a Shark" – Gallows[34]
    * "Knights of Cydonia" – Muse[35]
    * "Kool Thing" – Sonic Youth[40]
    * "La Grange" – ZZ Top[41]
    * "Lay Down" – Priestess[35]
    * "Mauvais Garçon" – Naast[34]
    * "The Metal" – Tenacious D[35]
    * "Minus Celsius" – Backyard Babies[34]
    * "Miss Murder" – AFI[38]
    * "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain[32]
    * "Monsters" – Matchbook Romance[36]
    * "My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer[35]
    * "The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden [41]
    * "One" – Metallica[42]
    * "Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones [35]
    * "Paranoid" – Black Sabbath[32]
    * "Pride and Joy" – Stevie Ray Vaughan[36]
    * "Radio Song" – Superbus[34]
    * "Raining Blood" – Slayer[32]
    * "Reptilia" – The Strokes[32]
    * "Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss[35]
    * "Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
    * "Ruby" – Kaiser Chiefs[34]
    * "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys[35]
    * "Same Old Song and Dance" – Aerosmith [36]
    * "School's Out" – Alice Cooper[35]
    * "The Seeker" – The Who[36]
    * "She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses[43][44]
    * "She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver[45][35]
    * "Slow Ride" – Foghat[35]
    * "Story of My Life" – Social Distortion[36]
    * "Stricken" – Disturbed[36]
    * "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers [41]
    * "Sunshine of Your Love" – Cream[36]
    * "Take This Life" – In Flames[34]
    * "Talk Dirty to Me" – Poison[31]
    * "Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce[46]
    * "Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses[47][35]
    * "When You Were Young" – The Killers

Oh yah some guy got his hands on an early copy, pics here

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...afilter=images
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I wanna get a console just for this!

Viva la epilepsie!
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    that is definitely an awesome list of songs - I saw a Tenacious D song on there!

I will be getting this game also

any idea what the numbers next to the songs mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    I saw on a bittorrent site instructions for making your own songs. I assume its only on modded xboxs, but damn that would be leeeet
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vi-Zer0Skill
    that is definitely an awesome list of songs - I saw a Tenacious D song on there!

I will be getting this game also

any idea what the numbers next to the songs mean?
    Those are just reference numbers from Wikipedia. I copy and pasted the list from there.
    I'll be getting this also
    Oh! BARRACUDA
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    I've made my own Guitar Hero songs before. It isn't that had once you get the hang of it. But it doesn't work on an xbox. The only thing that I know of it working on is a PS2. If you really want to make your own songs, or choose from about 4000 songs that people have made go to www.scorehero.com. Just don't ask how to mod your PS2 there to play the songs, that a big no no
    wait wait theres guitar hero for PS2????
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by animal_chin
    I've made my own Guitar Hero songs before. It isn't that had once you get the hang of it. But it doesn't work on an xbox. The only thing that I know of it working on is a PS2. If you really want to make your own songs, or choose from about 4000 songs that people have made go to www.scorehero.com. Just don't ask how to mod your PS2 there to play the songs, that a big no no
    Dude, you have no idea how much you have just changed my life.
    heres my dealie... these created songs are all just MIDI files played with the GH controller. Theres no vocals or drums, or anything like that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoricism
    Quote Originally Posted by animal_chin
    Dude, you have no idea how much you have just changed my life.
    Uhh... getting custom songs isn't as easy as it seems.... You need to be able to play either burned dvds or play off a hard drive. So your probably going to want to google either swapmagic (burn custom guitar hero dvds) or hd loader (play games off of a hard drive). Playing games off a hard drive is harder to set up, but you have no wasted burned discs and you can rent a game and burn it to your hard drive and be able to play that game anytime you want for the price of the game rental. Swapmagic just lets you play burned games. I would probably get Swapmagic just becuae it is so much easier to set up. When you get to the forum just be sure to read the stickies before you ask any questions and you'll do fine.

Edit: youtube custom guitar hero songs to see some of the peoples work, some songs are sweet.
    I'm so setting this up on my desktop, I dont care what I have to do. But tehre isnt yet a way to *play* it on your desktop, just create/download songs, right? You still need to dump it to ISO, burn it, and put it in a modded ps2. I think.

I'm reading tons of posts over at scorehero but its a LOT to take in.
    I dont actually own a PS2, by the way, but I'll 100% buy one if I can get this to work.
    I'm so setting this up on my desktop, I dont care what I have to do. But tehre isnt yet a way to *play* it on your desktop, just create/download songs, right? You still need to dump it to ISO, burn it, and put it in a modded ps2. I think.

I'm reading tons of posts over at scorehero but its a LOT to take in.
    Yeah you need to do that.

You can play it on your computer but it doesn't work very well. What you would need to do would be to download a PS2 emulator and play the game on that. You would need to take the bios off your PS2 and put it in the emulator inorder for it to run anything (pain in the ass). Then you would need to buy an adapter for to use your guitar on your computer. This is a huge pain in the ass in my opinion and I duno if it is really worth it. Plus I think the frame rates you would be getting on your computer are CRAPPY at best.

Your best bet is to read the stickies and order a Swapmagic. Swapmagic is cheap compared to a hard drive (although with a hard drive you can put whole games on there so you don't have to buy them, so the hard drive does make its money back) and WAY easier to set up. Just start swapping out songs right now with Guitar Hero Explorer till your Swapmagic arrives. It takes like 15 or so min for you to swap out a song with GHEX so by the time Swapmagic gets here you will have a whole brand new list of songs too play. Also the media you burn to makes a difference so get something like Verbatum or Sony. And also the burn speed makes a difference. Burning a game is very finkiky.

I would also recommend not changing anything in the dtb file until after you get a working game. In the dtb file you can change all of the type in the game. You swap out song titles here and even change what the loading screens say (mine are Chuck Norris quotes FTW). These are usually what screw up your burn and make it not work. Well uhh good luck...

Edit: BTW I don't think I can stress this enough STICKIES ARE YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Edit 2: You can play a Guitar Hero clone on your computer with relative ease, I think (I don't really have much experience with it though). Search Frets on Fire on youtube to see some examples of it. The graphics on it are terrible, but if you can't get a custom game to work on your PS2 I guess it's better than nothing, maybe.
    I can pick up a PS2 on craigslist for under $100 now, swap magic will run me about $30, then i just need a guitar hero guitar and a copy of the game which I can also probably craigslist.

Yeah, I'll do it this weekend. SWEEEEEET.
    I can pick up a PS2 on craigslist for under $100 now, swap magic will run me about $30, then i just need a guitar hero guitar and a copy of the game which I can also probably craigslist.

Yeah, I'll do it this weekend. SWEEEEEET.
    Yeah if your into Guitar Hero it's definently worth it. Plus if you have a PS2 you can play Guitar Hero I and Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s on your PS2, which you can't play on an xbox.
    heres my dealie... these created songs are all just MIDI files played with the GH controller. Theres no vocals or drums, or anything like that, right?
    Yes they are .midi or .chart (which you can't tell the difference when playing in game, but each is made by a different program). All they do is tell where the notes are and what kind of notes they are, give sections names and have star power and sometimes the band animations if the creator of the chart is really on the ball. YOU need to supply your own mp3s for the songs. You have to make sure you have the right version of the mp3 or sometimes the songs get out of sync in the middle and it is not fun at all. You set the "offset" in GHEX to line up the notes with the actual song. The only thing about this is that if you miss a note the guitar doesn't cut out like it would in the game, but you still get that clunking noice when you miss a note. Also when you whammy the notes don't change pitch either.
    So I bought a ps2 off craigslist for $60, and the guitar + guitar hero 1 came out to a little over $100, so it looks like another $30 or so for swapmagic and im set up with almost unlimited songs for $190. And I get a modded PS2 out of it.

BALLA.
    So I bought a ps2 off craigslist for $60, and the guitar + guitar hero 1 came out to a little over $100, so it looks like another $30 or so for swapmagic and im set up with almost unlimited songs for $190. And I get a modded PS2 out of it.

BALLA.
    Ok just finished the game on hard to unlock all the sonnnnggggssss

Now i need to decide what songs I want to download.
    o I bought a ps2 off craigslist for $60, and the guitar + guitar hero 1 came out to a little over $100, so it looks like another $30 or so for swapmagic and im set up with almost unlimited songs for $190. And I get a modded PS2 out of it.
    You need Guitar Hero 2 to use to swap out songs.... And you can get a guitar + Guitar Hero for less than $100 new...

Edit: You could try to play a burned disc without Swapmagic for free though. Here is a video on how it works. This method is incredibly unreliable so if you can't get it to work then the problem may be your burn or it might be this method, so you can't really tell if your burn is bad or not...
    I'm going to uh.. "rent" guitar hero 2 once swap magic gets here. I hadn't actually played 1, so I figured I'd actually play it first. I could have gotten the guitar cheaper, but I wanted the wireless
    Bad video link btw
    And i think you can use guitar hero 1 to swap songs...
    And i think you can use guitar hero 1 to swap songs...
    Yeah, but some of the programs don't support it... And the hammer ons in Guitar Hero 1 suck.... Heres the video link again.