Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

20NL Deep with AK

Default 20NL Deep with AK

So I've played cash games quite a bit, but I'm really trying to get more serious about it and improve my game. Anyways, I played in this 20NL home game and was doing fairly well up until this hand where I lost my stack. Me and villain both had over 200BBs. I've seen villain lead out in pots with bottom pair on flop, min re raise with bottom or middle pair on flop, pretty much just had a crazy image. The table was 5 handed.

Hero AKo raise .70
    I believe everyone called.
    K-8-x with two spades.
    I bet $2, fold, villain makes it $5, fold, fold, I make it $15 and villain calls.
    Q on turn.
    I check and villain bets $20. I re raise all in and villain calls and shows AA.
    2 on river.

How could I have played this hand differently?
    why would you c/jam one of the worst turns in teh deck?
    Is this a Deja-Vu. Wasn't this posted in another thread a few days ago, or is it just me?
    The Time To Act Is Now...
    Yeah, there's two threads on this, one in BC and one here haha
    Welcome to the forums. The good news is you know you have room for improvement, so posting this hand is a good start.

You need to study the game. Get some books on cash play. You made several errors in this hand, hard to know where to start. First, you're 200BB deep. Do you want to get it all in when all you have is one pair? What hand would stack off to you that you're beating?

When villain raises you on the flop you're maybe not good. When villain calls your reraise on the flop you're very probably way behind. When villain bets the turn for $20 your top pair is definitely no good. Think about what he's telling you with his bets.

As played, fold turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMoose View Post
    Welcome to the forums. The good news is you know you have room for improvement, so posting this hand is a good start.

You need to study the game. Get some books on cash play. You made several errors in this hand, hard to know where to start. First, you're 200BB deep. Do you want to get it all in when all you have is one pair? What hand would stack off to you that you're beating?

When villain raises you on the flop you're maybe not good. When villain calls your reraise on the flop you're very probably way behind. When villain bets the turn for $20 your top pair is definitely no good. Think about what he's telling you with his bets.

As played, fold turn.
    Very good advice. I think we all get caught up sometimes when people make bets that we don't pay to much attention to. Poker is like a puzzle that you have to put together to see what cards he would bet with.