Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Visa gift cards in US for Merge skins

Default Visa gift cards in US for Merge skins

(Not sure if this is the right subforum to post this. Apologies if it's not.)

In light of the new "BIGMARCHPK Reload Bonus" at Carbon (not sure if there's one on all Merge skins -- I'm assuming there is), I'm thinking of reloading for the first time since I originally deposited 2 years ago.

Does anyone know of any Visa gift cards in the U.S. that seems to work for depositing there? (I'd really like to avoid the whole Western Union transfer option if possible.) I know the card would need to be ok for international purchases, but I also know a lot of them that say they will work don't actually end up working at poker sites. Is there a specific company/brand of Visa gift card that has worked for anyone lately?
    Have you tried calling customer service? They should know exactly which forms of payment they can accept.
    I emailed Carbon's support but they 1) took over 24 hrs getting back (not a big surprise there), and 2) were pretty non-committal about which specific brands of Visa's would work. Just feels like a touchy topic and any mention of being a US resident and wanting to deposit makes them get all, I dunno ... uncomfortable.

Anyhow, from doing a little research online elsewhere, it looks like GreenDot has a pretty good chance of going through at Merge. I'll chime in again if/when it does.
    I believe the card has to be from an international non us bank for them to accept you as a US player. Try Cash stores like amscott, etc... It's not illegal for you to play or even load as long as the banks involved are not US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprarious View Post
    I believe the card has to be from an international non us bank for them to accept you as a US player. Try Cash stores like amscott, etc... It's not illegal for you to play or even load as long as the banks involved are not US.
    The bold is incorrect. The legality of the situation is not changed by which bank you use.