Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

NY Giants (1-2) @ Washington Redskins (1-2) Thread

Default NY Giants (1-2) @ Washington Redskins (1-2) Thread

An NFC East matchup televised live on the NFL Network... (by dhubermex)

Kirk Cousins gets his second start, subbing in for an injured Robert Griffin III, who NFL.com revealed Thursday may be relegated to relief duty once he is healthy.

Cousins is 52-for-81 (64.2% completion percentage) with 5 Touchdown passes against only 1 Interception this season.

For those who keep up with the NFL, the Redskins came close to trading Cousins to the St. Louis Rams during the pre-season but wisely held out for a 1st round draft pick from St. Louis, which the Rams were unwilling to part with. The decision to hold on to Cousins was wise in hindsight, as Griffin III has been prone to injury and comically resembles a pinball when he gets bounced around by defenders.

The 'Skins defeated the hapless Jacksonville Jaguars 41-10 in Week 2, then fell to division rival Philadelphia Eagles last week in a thrilling 37-34 loss. They also lost their season opener against the Houston Texans 17-6 in a game which Griffin III, a Baylor (Texas) University prodigy, put up anemic numbers.

-----

The NY Giants are coming off a must-have victory over the Houston Texans last week, in which QB Eli Manning (65-for-100 with 5 Touchdowns and 4 Interceptions in 2014), along with Wide Receiver Victor Cruz, were able to top their AFC South opponent by a score of 30-17.

The Giants were 0-2 before last week, losing to the Detroit Lions 35-14 in their season opener then getting bested by the Arizona Cardinals 25-14 in their home opener.

Eli Manning is future first-ballot Hall of Famer Peyton Manning's younger brother by five years, and has not received near the amount of respect among analysts as Peyton despite having twice as many Super Bowl rings (two).

_____

Both teams are in desperate need of their first NFC East victory, the Redskins more-so considering they are at home and already have one division loss against the Eagles.

Kickoff is set for 8:25pm Eastern Time on the NFL Network.

NFC East Standings

Philadelphia Eagles: 3-0 (1-0 DIV)
    Dallas Cowboys: 2-1 (0-0 DIV)
    New York Giants: 1-2 (0-0 DIV)
    Washington Redskins: 1-2 (0-1 DIV)

_____

FanDuel is available to players worldwide and specializes in Free and Real Money Leagues.

Unlike many leagues, there are no "set" draft times for our exclusive leagues, meaning you can select your team at your leisure by using the Fantasy Dollars automatically added to any league participant's account. More popular choices will use up your Fantasy Dollars more quickly, so choose wisely to stay within the F$60,000 limit!

The FanDuel UI is extremely user-friendly and very intuitive.

Last edited by dhubermex; 09-26-2014 at 02:48 AM.
    LOL if Giants don't beat this Redskins team at home for TNF
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    I have two Fanduel lineups with Pierre Garcon who crushed it last week! That's the only player that I have in tonight's game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have Cousins as there QB.

Yeah, I'm thinking RG3 is now the backup when he gets healthy.

Here's one of my teams:

Andrew Luck
    TEN @ IND 1:00pm
    $9800
    SALARY
    5.2%OWNED
    RB
    Donald Brown
    JAC @ SD 4:05pm
    $6300
    SALARY
    24.9%OWNED
    RB
    Lamar Miller
    MIA @ OAK 1:00pm
    $6900
    SALARY
    14.7%OWNED
    WR
    Keenan Allen
    $6700
    SALARY
    7.2%OWNED
    WR
    Pierre Garcon
    NYG 0 @ WAS 0 1st
    $7300
    SALARY
    27.2%OWNED
    WR
    Jordan Matthews
    PHI @ SF 4:25pm
    $6600
    SALARY
    1.3%OWNED
    TE
    Antonio Gates
    $5800
    SALARY
    14.7%OWNED
    K
    Adam Vinatieri
    TEN @ IND 1:00pm
    $5300
    SALARY
    6.3%OWNED
    D
    San Diego Chargers
    $5300
    SALARY
    23.4%OWNED

Last edited by ttanaka; 09-25-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Solid lineup, Tyson!

For our veteran and newer members, you'll notice that I'm promoting FanDuel heavily in the Original Post of this thread. This is because we have a Weekly FTR League via FanDuel that we're trying to get off the ground, and also because I personally think that FanDuel is a great option for Fantasy Sports players due to its user-friendly interface, low buy-ins and new-league-each-week format.

I'd love to have any of our members sign up and participate in our league next week (no real money purchase is necessary), so feel free to post any questions you have and I'll be happy to answer them.

Any member is also obviously welcome to comment on the game taking place (I always enjoy explaining NFL Football to members who may not be familiar with the game). Anyway, now that I've posted about how great a deal FanDuel is... on with the game!
    1st Quarter -- 6:00 Remaining

GIANTS 7 , REDSKINS 0

Eli Manning threw a 5-yard Touchdown pass to Larry Donnell for the Gaints' first score following a turnover by the Redskins offense caused by a strip-sack.

The Giants currently have the ball on their own 20-yard line.
    2nd Quarter -- 14:14 Remaining

GIANTS 14 , REDSKINS 0

Eli Manning has thrown his second Touchdown pass to Larry Donnell (this time 6-yards).

First impressions so far is that the Redskins are unable to stop the Giants' offensive attack while not being able to do anything when they have the ball.

Cousins is being plagued by poor offensive line blocking, but is also flushing himself out of the pocket prematurely (likely because he's wary of the Giants' defensive rush). The 'Skins have also run a number of screen passes already in an attempt to hold off the Giants' rush, but were penalized for offensive holding twice in the 1st Quarter.
    2nd Quarter -- 8:50 Remaining

GIANTS 14 , REDSKINS 7

The Redskins just executed an impressive 80-yard drive, capped by an 18-yard Kirk Cousins Touchdown pass to Andre Roberts. Very nice play calling by the Redskins coaching staff to exploit the Giants' blitz attempts.
    3rd Quarter -- 4:19 Remaining

GIANTS 31 , REDSKINS 14

I've missed the last hour (kids called to say they wanted to stay here tonight since no school tomorrow). Eli Manning has thrown four Touchdown receptions tonight (3 to Larry Donnell) while Kirk Cousins has two interceptions so far in the 3rd Quarter.
    FINAL

GIANTS 45 , REDSKINS 14

Supremely dominant performance for the New York Giants, who move to 2-2 on the season and will host the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, October 5th.

As for the Washington Redskins, they are now 1-3 with two division losses and a home game against the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks on Monday, October 6th.
    Just signed up on fanduel.
    Wow, it is incredibly easy to use.
    Signed up for the 50k Sun NFL Dive
    Wow Cousins sucked it up bad - 4 interceptions and fumble- I think that's -10 points! Glad I didn't have him on any of my teams but those interceptions killed my receiver Garcon, only had 2 catches!