Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Anyone Else Watching Seahawks vs. Broncos?

Default Anyone Else Watching Seahawks vs. Broncos?

This is turning out to be a much better game than the Super Bowl.

Manning has been practically shut out so far like he was last time these two teams played, but the Broncos defense has kept them in the game. 17-12 Seahawks with less than 5:00 remaining in 4th Quarter.
    Man, Seattle defense is just too tough. I'm a P. Manning fan but hats off to Seahawks. They match up so well vs. the Broncos' offense.

Seattle has the ball deep in Broncos territory at the 4th Quarter, 2:00 Warning. A field goal would force Manning to make a micacle comeback + 2-point conversion to tie the game, while a touchdown will seal it.

17-12 Seattle with 2:00 remaining.
    Wow.. miracle-esque comeback to tie the game at 20-20, driving 80 yards with less than a minute remaining.

Manning did a good job on this drive, but the Seahawks defense collapsed after dominating for 59 minutes of the game. I think it was Madden who originally griped about how Prevent defenses are utterly useless, and I agree with that.

Looks like the game is going to overtime. 0:18 left in regulation and the game is tied.
    Caught hte last 4 plays of so and they were pretty great. I kind of wish I ahd a better understanding of AF as it seems a very tactical and interesting game.

edit - Forgot yanks don't do tied games, may even stay up and watch.

edit 2 - How much are the plays a result of the QB and how much of it is a result of the offence coach? I imagine a huge % is pre-meditated?
    Last edited by Savy; 09-21-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Caught hte last 4 plays of so and they were pretty great. I kind of wish I ahd a better understanding of AF as it seems a very tactical and interesting game.

edit - Forgot yanks don't do tied games, may even stay up and watch.
    Always nice to see a neighbor across the pond become interested in American Football.

The overtime rules can be pretty confusing. It used to be immediate "Sudden Death" in which the first team that scored won no matter what.

Now, the first team to get the ball can win outright by scoring a touchdown. However, if they score a field goal, the opposing team has the opportunity for a possession to tie (or win). After that, it's traditional sudden death format.
    Well played by Russell Wilson and the Seattle offense to win the game in Overtime 26-20 on the first drive.

Really good game that the Seahawks deserved to win, but was nice to see Denver put up a real fight.
    That's shite

but ye the rules were expained on sky, I think i do prefer draws to what seem like shitty wins.