Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Question About WSOP ME Final Table Prize Monies

Default Question About WSOP ME Final Table Prize Monies

Apologies if this has been asked or mentioned previously. Why don't they put all the millions they're sitting on for the 117 days into a short term CD with some interest and pump up the payouts a little more? Or does that just make too much sense?
    Cool question, they could definitely garner some good will towards poker and turn the $30million into about $150,000 for charity.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    Cool question, they could definitely garner some good will towards poker and turn the $30million into about $150,000 for charity.
    That would work too. Just doesn't make much sense for all that money to be sitting there idle when it could be used to make a little more.
    Good idear Smacktard
    Great idea, but guys, c'mon......the boys in Las Vegas are pretty damn good when it comes to money, so I'm sure this has already been done.

ya, they are just keeping the interest for themselves
    "If you can't say f*ck, you can't say f*ck the government" - Lenny Bruce
    exactly

What do you think PokerStars does with all their deposits? All corporations earn interest on the float as much as possible. See: commercial paper.
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly String
    What do you think PokerStars does with all their deposits? All corporations earn interest on the float as much as possible. See: commercial paper.
    Same with banks.
    Never bet on a white man in the heavyweight division!
    They already are doing something similar with this.

At least that's what I read somewhere on Cardplayer.
    yeah this is like the first thing everyone thinks of when they hear about it.