Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

BR Management 101!

Default BR Management 101!

Okay so I've cashed out my entire roll down to 10$. I don't really feel like grinding poker anymore but since I think I'll begin to enjoy playing again since it's stress free I've decided to try and grow this 10$ using fairly strict but aggressive BR management.

I don't really have an exact plan at the moment. Basically I'll never have >5% of my roll invested in one game be it a sng/cash game/etc. I think ~200big bets is enough for limit games but I will avoid split games like the plague until 2/4 or something. Once I hit 40$ I will probably play Triple draw limit exclusively because this is THE game where someone can have the largest edge on weaker players. After that point I'm not sure what I will do.

Basically it's not worth playing poker for a living in today's games IMO unless you have/are going for SNE or you are playing on some soft site making bank but that's risky on it's own.

I will post results/silly hands/etc.
    gl yaawn
    Started out grinding 10c turbos along w/ some 2c hyper turbos. Won a 10c turbo for a cool 6.80. Off to 4c/8c Stud I shall go! Will probably mix some 25c 45man sngs in.
    glhf!
    Curious why you think the skill edge would be bigger in TD compared to no limit single draw games. It seems like there's a little more to hand selection in 5draw, and less variance to single draw 2-7.
    Last time I heard from you you played PLO HU, so I guess anything else seems like a safe haven from there :P
    Anyways, I'm not making a comeback, but I did come back here to wish you good luck. This is my first post in over a year, so take this as a testimony of my love! I'll be hanging around in IRC... I'd be in for some draw games. If you still play sc2, we could do a BO5 for rollz.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    2-7 single draw NL cash tables were really soft when I used to play them last year, even though I barely knew any strat and kinda learnt it as I went
    Best of luck man. Nice to see oskar sending well wishes as well.
    Been playing 4c/8c stud hi. Going quite well! Will have an update when I reach a few hundred hands. Just been single tabling and focusing on reads, dead cards etc.
    See that's one thing about stud games that gets me. First off, I love stud poker. It has decent player activity for a non holdem/omaha game. It's fun to play, and not very swongy.

The problem is you just can't really put in tons of volume. If you're really good at keeping track of everything, you can probably 4-table and that's about it. Every dead card needs to be kept in mind, and doing that for > 1 tables is rather tough.

Is there a (legit) program out there that keeps track of that stuff for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penneywize View Post
    See that's one thing about stud games that gets me. First off, I love stud poker. It has decent player activity for a non holdem/omaha game. It's fun to play, and not very swongy.

The problem is you just can't really put in tons of volume. If you're really good at keeping track of everything, you can probably 4-table and that's about it. Every dead card needs to be kept in mind, and doing that for > 1 tables is rather tough.

Is there a (legit) program out there that keeps track of that stuff for you?
    I don't think there is a program. I think there used to be I'm not sure. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could code it themselves. You could also write down the cards in notepad or something for hands you are playing. I usually memorize them but sometimes it gets difficult even single tabling because basically you have 6-8 people continuing to 4th quite a bit then people begin folding on 5th. It was a lot easier to remember absolutely everything at 2/4+.

Another problem with so many people seeing later streets is position changes quite a bit but this doesn't really make a huge difference when the pot is super multiway because most hands we should be playing shouldn't be able to get jammed out.
    Man, def find a program to do that for you. That's ridic, having to keep track of all that. There are better, more profitable ways for you to be using your mental energy.