Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Bitcoin Poker

Default Bitcoin Poker

Hello,

I didn't know where to put this thread so I have posted here...

What do you think about playing poker with bitcoins nowadays (it seems that bitcoin is going further...and estabilizing its price). I am playing at Seals With Clubs but do you know any other website? I do not like software so much

Thanks
    Hi abuu,

I don't personally like the idea of playing poker with Bitcoin. For an example you can probably relate to, Bitcoin isn't offered as a currency at any of the major poker rooms, so you're going to be stuck with secondary software. There might be advantages like a weaker-than-average player pool, but I'm not certain.
    Thanks for your answer spoonitnow,

I have been playing bitcoin poker and I would like to write here my conclussions:

-Play with people from everywhere
    -really low in/out commisions
    -Completely anonimous
    -Low rake, high rakeback
    -weaker-than-average player pool (you have said this one and it is true).

I have been playing in Seals With Clubs (lot of problems) but I have been reading in other forums and day by day they are coming more and more bitcoin poker rooms. that could be a clue about the future of bitcoin in poker.

what do you think?
    For the present moment, the lack of Bitcoin options at major, reputable rooms is one of the main things that puts me off. If they get that sorted out in the future, then it will likely be what changes my stance.
    Seals With Clubs, Betcoin and Bitlandpoker (this last is a new webpage that I have discovered at forums [removed url - spoonitnow]) are the ones who aren't down nowadays...
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 09-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Thank you very much yulen, bitlandpoker.is sounds nice, they have really good promotions but probably the software won't be nice...we have to wait till they open!
    One drawback which pops my mind is that Bitcoin as a currency is VERY volatile. It can change many $ from one minute to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by estellegaillard3 View Post
    One drawback which pops my mind is that Bitcoin as a currency is VERY volatile. It can change many $ from one minute to another.
    This + What Spoonit said. I just can't justify grinding bitcoins yet. It's only reclusive, offshoot poker rooms that support it and I have no idea what it's true value is going to be from one week to the next. I'd rather just stick with cold, hard, cash.

Default Bitcoinpoker

I play at***poker with bitcoins it is nice poker room and have good free-rolls try it !!

mod edit : never heard of it .If you want to advertise your site contact FTRs management. checked the site 29 players supposedly , hardly a thriving proposition for people to deposit into
    Last edited by Keith; 01-10-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    The fundamental problem with online gambling using Bitcoin in the present is that the fluctuation of Bitcoin itself is bigger than any gamble you're taking at the games.