Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Good spot to c/r

Default Good spot to c/r

Is this a good spot to c/r against a nitty TAG? If I evaluate his range right, hes got TT-AA, AK, AQ. Against that range I' nearly flipping

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($40.05)
    UTG ($63.80)
    Hero ($62)
    Button ($53.85)
    SB ($62.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, 4.
    1 fold, Hero raises to $1.5, Button raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.75) 5, 7, 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $5,
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    Whats he going to think when you c/r him & he has his over pairs? If its "omg they hit another set against me cause i can't size my bets properly" then you should probably go for it. If he is just going to jam over & blow you off your hand, you might want to peel or fold. Will he barrel w/ missed overs?
    seems like a good spot to bet/3bet/call or c/c. c/r/call is bad because you probably get less credit from overpairs so you will get it in bad with less FE. C/R/fold is bad because that's retarded. C/c is good because u can very profitably bluff some scare cards that dont help u like the 4h, u will probably get a free card when any heart hits, and u dont get your whole stack in at a disadvantage. Bet/3bet/call is good because if he interprets your donk is weak he might raise/fold unpaired overcards, and if he interprets it as strong he might make a mistake like calling and folding when the board gets scarier, or raise/folding a small overpair.
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    nutsinhamster probably actually is better at sixmax than raptor