Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default 3 barrel

Villian is 18/14/4

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

saw flop|saw showdown

UTG ($100)
    MP ($50.80)
    Hero ($246.15)
    SB ($99.75)
    BB ($119.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 3.
    2 folds, Hero raises to $3.55, SB calls $3.05, 1 fold.

Flop: ($8.10) 2, 4, 9 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6.

Turn: ($20.10) Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $17.9, SB calls $17.90.

River: ($55.90) K (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $218.7

holla
    I approve of this spew.
    I'm confused by what opp has. Like 77-TT?
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    Why bet so much on the river?
    For the same reason you aren't in IRC. Think about it, it's deep.
    i like. if he calls river it's good for future regwarz if he's a reg.
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    v standard nh
    turn and river played any other way is wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes
    Think about it, it's deep.
    I doubt it.
    backgammon for rolls dsax?

VILLIAN FOLDED FWIW

AGREE WITH WUFWUGY
    I like a smaller river bet, I think we rep a wider valuebetting range that way.
    i rike.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    this is such a good triple that it can be done against somebody who calls too much.

the question here tho is at what point is this no good? how does it change (vs this villain) if we're OOP, or the turn or river is T? im sure all other cards lower than T are not good to barrel, especially if they complete a draw.

my analysis: i like playing same with any two overs IP, but am unsure about OOP. more likely we're getting slowplayed when villain has pos; i just dont know how much more
    I like this against weakish mediocre TAggs. Against really strong hand readers, doing this a lot will probably get you in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalvSame
    I like a smaller river bet, I think we rep a wider valuebetting range that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes
    backgammon for rolls dsax?
    Where do we play?
    no way you shark!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    I like this against weakish mediocre TAggs. Against really strong hand readers, doing this a lot will probably get you in trouble.
    strikes me as a bad idea to not do this against strong players.

reasons:

this the absolute best turn/river outcome for a triple. if we dont do it here then when? now if villain is a good player then we need to be valuing light here in the first place. we should play JJ+ same way for value. once we do that then he wont be able to see through us when we bluff.

the thing is here is that if he's good he should very rarely show up with anything other than a 9 here. A9 T9 98, all suited. if he's bad then he wont notice if we aren't valuing light here, which i think we still should since he's bad and pays off lighter. if he's good and shows up with other stuff with a Q or K or unsuited 9s or slowplaying then we still need to triple this since his range is even wider.

this is kind of the spot were i think we want to triple almost ATC and i think it may be unexploitable, maybe not some pairs of 9s. i dont see how we cant triple JJ for value and 88 as bluff. gonna be real hard for him to play well against us no matter what we have. this is where specific image and tendencies rules imo.

i seriously think the biggest question is in do we triple if OOP. he can flop a set and easily just flat both flop and turn.
    I'm slow on this one. Can someone spell out why this is such a good spot for this?
    Just dipping my toes back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsaust
    I'm slow on this one. Can someone spell out why this is such a good spot for this?
    not only does one but two overs that shouldn't be in villains range roll out. we're IP so he shouldnt be slowplaying a set much. pretty much no 2p anywhere. he has a pair that looks all right on flop and turn but reaaaaally doesnt wanna hero call vs this line when its at best third or fourth pair.
    I kind of agree with fnord on this one... look at the initial responses in the thread. everyone approves of it (i like it too as well). It doesn't take a particularly great villain to know that:

a) the hands he'd call from sb with then c/c c/c c/....... with have not hit the turn or river, and everybody knows it.

b) it's a great board for you to bluff at, looks scary (far scarier than it should given all the trash you open from the button)

so, i wouldn't be surprised if he looks you up light. still don't think it's bad though. this hand would be sick if you were "bluffing" with 77 and got looked up by 55.