Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 199 of 420 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,925 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    nothing more mortifying than guilty pleasures.
    Guilty?

Hedonism is the new Stoicism.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Hedonism is the new Stoicism.

?wut
    Feeling guilty doesn't pay the bills.
    Who wants a drunk whore registry?

http://judgybitch.com/2013/03/18/why...ld-be-justice/
    ....what the god damn fuck.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.

Jeremy Clarkson tweeted this. Your guess is as good as mine.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    I hope one day I get finger-banged while drunk and it turns into a national sob story in my honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    I hope one day I get finger-banged while drunk and it turns into a national sob story in my honor.
    I can get ya half way there.

Where are these skills taught?
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    the gothamist posted about it and called us aquatic hipsters .
    looks more like alf's imperial army or the plf to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post

Where are these skills taught?
    Damn.
    Tried as an adult because of penis size: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...-of-penis-size
    I always get so depressed after returning from vacation
    [10:04pm] [geoo] fucking jack got his filthy hands in my nuts again
    [10:05pm] [geoo] and now they're just inedible

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I always get so depressed after returning from vacation
    I get depressed after any travel. Work or pleasure and I travel quite a lot.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?

this is how i felt driving to detroit at 6:30am this morning

?wut
    in 2050, children will not understand the concept of traffic jams since all cars will be driverless taxis
    Wasn't a fan of Matchbox Twenty as a teen, but it has been my most listened to band for the last several months (tied with Glitch Mob)
    How is the iCloud celeb news hacking even news? Are people so stupid that they don't realize far better material of far hotter women is the easiest thing in the world to find?

Maybe if people stopped liking shitty movies
    How is the iCloud celeb news hacking even news? Are people so stupid that they don't realize far better material of far hotter women is the easiest thing in the world to find?

Kind of this, although some of the people I didn't know were hot.

Although it is a huge invasion of privacy from the things I've read a lot of celebs have responded to it poorly. I mean having some nude pictures of you floating round the internet is hardly a huge deal.

i love mumford and sons but damn lol

?wut
    Just got an unexpected career change opportunity. Looks like I'll be moving to Dubai in about a month to work on the computer systems on airplanes. Wowza.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Just got an unexpected career change opportunity. Looks like I'll be moving to Dubai in about a month to work on the computer systems on airplanes. Wowza.
    Now there's a place I'm in no hurry to go to. A bit too fucking Islamic for my liking. Wink at the pretty hotel lady and you're in jail getting beaten by police. Be on you absolute best behaviour!
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah you need to abide by some more rules in public, my friend has been living there for 8 years and it's apparently not that bad. A lot of tourism as well.

I think the most interesting part of the story is how this all happened. Plus, the one chick claiming she deleted hers years ago would give credence to the claim that there's lots of underground groups trading celeb nudes and this batch is just a small sampling of what's actually out there.

As for the invasion of privacy, yeah it is and it's a bad thing. What I don't like though is how this has been happening to regular people for years now but because it happened to a couple top celebs it's suddenly an outrage and the haxxors must be stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Invasion of privacy is wrong of course, but the world would be a better place if everybody had nudes on the internet
    Not sure if Dubai is a problem for white Europeans with international company contracts
    Here's a good thread on how third wave feminism is completely destroying how much anyone gives a flying fuck about rape anymore.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...rt-197979.html
    i am easily entertained and this made me smile a little.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xaGDn

?wut
    Here's a good thread on how third wave feminism is completely destroying how much anyone gives a flying fuck about rape anymore.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...rt-197979.html
    Last week, I heard one morning that 1 in 6 college women will be sexually assaulted before they graduate. The next day, it was 1 in 5. By the end of the week, I saw one source recounting that a full 1/3rd of college women will face sexual assault.

It rather seems that rape is being taken entirely too seriously as well as not seriously at all.

Invasion of privacy is wrong of course, but the world would be a better place if everybody had nudes on the internet

Wanna see my dick?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post

this is how i felt driving to detroit at 6:30am this morning
    I really believe Asia is eons ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to smart commuting. Why the fuck do you need two tons of metal to haul your sorry ass two blocks down the road to your shitty job. And then, when all the roads become congested the politicians go: well, we have to invest in some futuristic tunneling train or pour funding into electric shitboxes that will make you miserable just looking at it, or even worse put railways on perfectly good roads and make everyone on it long for the sweet salvation only death can bring. 776 million pounds they invested. That works out to almost $3000 per citizen. Instead, what they could have done would be to buy every able bodied worker in the city a sparkling new scooter and a Lamborghini Aventador for every disabled or fat person.
    i take back every unkind thing ive ever said about popular culture. niki minaj or whatever her name is's anaconda is omazing. things are looking up in the world
    lol wp
    I bet the leaker is making lotsa bitcoin.
    Not sure if Dubai is a problem for white Europeans with international company contracts
    It's probably not as bad as I imagine it to be, but I know jack likes the ladies, and the muzz don't take kindly to white men leering over their women. Which is why I'd get into trouble in Dubai. I actually have a thing for Muslim women. Some of them are fucking fine.
    ongies gonna ong
    Sasha dressed
    Sasha Grey's most sexy pic
    This is why I will never have children. The probability of stuff like this happening is much higher than people think, and if poker has taught me anything, it's that when you're playing with probability, you're playing with fire

http://www.reddit.com/r/confession/c..._autistic_son/
    It would be different if we lived in a world that understands the impermanence of life and that death is sometimes necessary to avoid suffering
    This is why I will never have children. The probability of stuff like this happening is much higher than people think, and if poker has taught me anything, it's that when you're playing with probability, you're playing with fire

The Gamble of our Lives
    Genetic Roullete...

GMO ain't doing any of that shit
    Wasn't a fan of Matchbox Twenty as a teen, but it has been my most listened to band for the last several months (tied with Glitch Mob)
    You have awful taste in music.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    I listen to a handful of bands/styles for a period of time then move on. Right now it's dubstep and 90s alt-pop.

Wanna have a top ten all time song face-off? Do you feel like losing to the likes of Little Wing, I Stand Alone, or How I Could Just Kill a Man?
    I'm listening to celtic rock bands like: Gaelic Storm, The Killdares and The Tossers lately
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's probably not as bad as I imagine it to be, but I know jack likes the ladies, and the muzz don't take kindly to white men leering over their women. Which is why I'd get into trouble in Dubai. I actually have a thing for Muslim women. Some of them are fucking fine.
    There are lots of Asian women there and also European and US women. And tourist women from everywhere. Not planning to mess with muslim ladies (already did that once, didn't like it although the subservience is a thing to behold). Unless she's the daughter of some super wealthy sheik, I'd go for that.

But really, I'll have to see what it's like when I get there. There's a woman I might bring along when I go, at least for a while. First priority will be getting good at my job and that's going to take up most of my time.
    Last edited by jackvance; 09-04-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    From what I hear it's mostly hanging around a condo pool with fellow expats and it grows rather tedious quite quickly. It seems its only the big money that keeps people there.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    burning man widened my appreciation for the west coast electronica scene... Random Rab in particular is really amazing.

i've been enjoying listening to it on my computer, but the bass is nowhere near as prominent as it was on those sound systems. some music is just made to be heard from speakers twice your height.

it is for the above reason that i've also grown to appreciate 80s music more, particularly Toto's Africa. damn that's a great song.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.

What is the probability of this then? I read the odds of a kid being in the autistic spectrum is roughly 1/68. And that's for the whole very wide spectrum. A kid like the one in the story linked to is on one end of the spectrum.

Anyway, even with the full 1/68 number the odds aren't that crazy. To go through life being afraid of the 1% outliers is a bad way to go. You're almost as likely to die in a motor vehicle accident as having a kid like this but you don't refuse to travel by car anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    What is the probability of this then? I read the odds of a kid being in the autistic spectrum is roughly 1/68. And that's for the whole very wide spectrum. A kid like the one in the story linked to is on one end of the spectrum.

Anyway, even with the full 1/68 number the odds aren't that crazy. To go through life being afraid of the 1% outliers is a bad way to go. You're almost as likely to die in a motor vehicle accident as having a kid like this but you don't refuse to travel by car anywhere.
    If I have to ballpark it, I think the probability of having children being obviously regretful is 20%, and inconspicuously regretful greater than 50%. Of course, that's getting into looser and looser definition territory. Being more strict about, it appears that the probability of having one of all the obvious, life-ruining tragedies is 10-20%, perhaps even more. This would include everything from many horrible birth defects to teenage suicide, from accidentally running your 2 year old over with your car to schizophrenia developed at age 20.

What I called "inconspicuous regret" is a different issue and almost impossible to analyze, but I mentioned it. Examples of this are in the multitudes. One is of my sister, who tries as hard as she can to be the best mother she can, yet it's basically ruining her life and she will probably die before she recovers from the damage. Of course, she wouldn't describe it that way except in fleeting instances, but parents inhabit a paradoxical spot where they love their kids more than anything even as they're pulling their hair
    I should pull back a bit on the latter point, the one about inconspicuous regret. I don't think any statistics do justice there because so much of it depends on good parenting. Two of my closest friends got married and have kids and they're extremely happy about it, but a lot of that has to do with how smart and reasonable of people they are and how it translates into simply making a great parenting team. Statistically, they're a rarity, though
    If I have to ballpark it, I think the probability of having children being obviously regretful is 20%
    Don't worry, the probability of you finding someone willing to carry that obviously flawed seed of yours is so minuscule that all of this talk of your potential offspring is strictly hypothetical.
    also you have awful taste in music
    Last edited by d0zer; 09-04-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    I'm the sky

george pls
    If I have to ballpark it, I think the probability of having children being obviously regretful is 20%, and inconspicuously regretful greater than 50%.
    Dammit, I thought you had actual data, not wufwugy "FACT"s.

My landlords kid is severely disabled. Can't talk or walk. Can't even eat without assistance. The few times I got to talk to him he seemed like a really cool guy. Studied journalim. Worked for an automotive magazine. Now he's severely overweight with a short temper. He and his wife look like they get two hours sleep a night.
    And that's not even the worst it can get. There are children born without faces or limbs. I have seen enough medical stuff that makes me really not want a kid of my own. All that aside, this planet is severely overpopulated and there are enough unwanted children floating around. Good ones, with arms and faces, who can eat and walk unassisted. Why not get yourself one of those.
    I gave bikes shit for liking that Taylor Swift song two weeks ago. Haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Sing it in the shower every day.

shake it off!
    shake it off!
    uh uh uh!
    Last edited by oskar; 09-05-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    My landlords kid is severely disabled. Can't talk or walk. Can't even eat without assistance. The few times I got to talk to him he seemed like a really cool guy. Studied journalim. Worked for an automotive magazine. Now he's severely overweight with a short temper. He and his wife look like they get two hours sleep a night.
    And that's not even the worst it can get. There are children born without faces or limbs. I have seen enough medical stuff that makes me really not want a kid of my own. All that aside, this planet is severely overpopulated and there are enough unwanted children floating around. Good ones, with arms and faces, who can eat and walk unassisted. Why not get yourself one of those.
    You're just confirming that it sucks when you end up in that unlikely scenario which I never disagreed with. My question was how likely is it?

As for the adopted kids who knows? It's definitely a smart idea and seems like a great idea on paper but for whatever reason people would rather have their own kids.

I guess if you really want one nothing is going to stop you. I'm not even saying noone should have children. We're living in the best times this planet has ever seen if you're an upright walking ape, so why not let more people enjoy it before the robot wars ruin everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    burning man widened my appreciation for the west coast electronica scene... Random Rab in particular is really amazing.

i've been enjoying listening to it on my computer, but the bass is nowhere near as prominent as it was on those sound systems. some music is just made to be heard from speakers twice your height.
    I was fast falling in love with you as I read this.

it is for the above reason that i've also grown to appreciate 80s music more, particularly Toto's Africa. damn that's a great song.
    But then you said that.

As it happens, I have a few guilty pleasers from the 80's. Madonna, Belinda Carlisle, Kylie, even Bananarama... but Toto makes me sick.

Check these out Aubrey, it's Greek, awesome, and needs a lot more love than the paltry 633 hits it currently has...

ongies gonna ong
    I gave bikes shit for liking that Taylor Swift song two weeks ago. Haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Sing it in the shower every day.

shake it off!
    shake it off!
    uh uh uh!

?wut

?wut
    Yeah but abortion is murder, soooo
    Dammit, I thought you had actual data, not wufwugy "FACT"s.
    Sorry. Nobody has gathered the data on the issue. I was ballparking based on what we do have as well as speculation

The West has maybe 2-3% birth defects. 1% of people end up getting schizophrenia. About 1% get autism.

Start compiling all these and everything like them: suicide, murder, cancer, death or disorder by other diseases, and you get some pretty hefty numbers. Then add the harder to define things like depression. Then add the even harder to find things like quality of life. Then I think you find the probability of having children being regretful is much higher than people want to admit

Besides that, nobody wants to compile this data in the first place. There are some skeletons humans just don't want to confront. So far, any discussion we have on this issue won't be able to find much hard data to back it other than really simple stuff like just adding up defect and incidence rates, which themselves can be very hard to find
    Yeah but abortion is murder, soooo
    And murder is wrong, because... ?
    And murder is wrong, because... ?
    It's built into the definition of murder
    It's built into the definition of murder
    What's wrong about murder?
    So I was in Bumfuck Eastern Oregon and went to a memorial erected for the 8-12 men from the county who died in WW1. It was sad. Made me tear up. A bunch of guys who never made it to 25, dying for their country, their families, they'll never know how good we got it. Yet here I am, a selfish crybaby cunt who takes everything for granted