Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

3/6 - 88 in 3bet pot

Default 3/6 - 88 in 3bet pot

Villain is a 3/6 regular running 24/18/3.4. Using PT2, so no calls 3b%. We've played a lot together but I don't have too many notes. We've battled pre-flop before (he pushed QQ over my 4b, I called with AKs) and I've turned an underpair into a bluff on a flush river when he had the nut flush.

Is this a standard cbet/fold?

Full Tilt Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $297.75
    CO: $611.40
    BTN: $781.70
    Hero (SB): $621.45
    BB: $660

Pre-Flop: 8 8 dealt to Hero (SB)
    2 folds, BTN raises to $21, Hero raises to $72, BB folds, BTN calls $51

Flop: ($150) 4 J T (2 Players)
    Hero bets $102, BTN raises to $709.70 and is All-In, Hero...
    Well you obviously haven't given us any reads that would merit a call here. Yes, this looks a lot like AK/AQ, but even those have very good equity against you.

I think c/f and b/f are close and the correct choice depends on how you want to balance your play. I prefer to c/f this vs most opponents myself, but you will get more action if you always b/f instead.
    ^^^^^^^^^ What he said.
    I like a smaller c/bet but for the rest I agree with what P4 said.
    I dump this, mostly because even if he's on a draw his draw is flipping with us and if he's not drawing we're owned.

I don't mind bet folding here.
    Yeah if we look at some equity calcs you're pretty much crushed so v.std fold

i also mix it up between b/f and c/f in this spot
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    I think c/f is clearly better. The board smacks his 3bet calling range I would guess.
    Some opponents will bet every single time we don't cbet 3-bet pots oop. Vs those players we can't c/f this. Against them I like to c/r 3-bet pots where I have the lead a lot (strong hands and draws). When they adjust we can start to c/f underpairs again.
    no way you can call here. I c/f most of the time because people raise this flop like always.
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    what do you think he has which beats us?

how often is he jamming a jack?

how often does he have AA/KK/QQ?

JJ/TT?

why is he jamming ATC on this flop? and with what range would that make sense?
    I got more flava than fruitstripe gum
    Because of the board texture, the likelihood it missed my hand, and the likelihood free cards will help my hand, I think his shoving range is pretty balanced here.