Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

who wins a bareknuckle boxing match

Default who wins a bareknuckle boxing match

pick the greatest american boxer during his prime (tyson, lennox, whomever you like) and pit him in a bareknuckle boxing match with the greatest mma of all time (emelianenko, couture, etc).

who wins and why?
    Is dry humping and nut clinching allowed? If not then the boxer wins.

next question
    <Staxalax> I want everyone to put my quote in their sigs
    fedor
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZmrIFvf4I

[ ] bare knuckle boxing match
    I know.

Boxers will win boxing matches. When the rules are in place, the practitioner of that discipline has an advantage.
    who wins in a knife fight, assuming boxer doesn't have to wear gloves?

Default Re: who wins a bareknuckle boxing match

[quote="wufwugy"]pick the greatest american boxer during his prime (tyson, lennox, whomever you like) and pit him in a bareknuckle boxing match with the greatest mma of all time (emelianenko, couture, etc).quote]

Lennox Lewis is British...

and Lenny Maclean would have spanked the lot of them in a bareknuckle fight.
    Normski
    The boxer wins hands down. There is no comparison between the hand speed and combinations of a boxer and an mma fighter. Thats all they train for, as opposed to the mma guys that have to train for everything. I prefer boxing but i like mma when they dont dry hump.

The best boxer ever is Sugar Ray Robinson. He was 85-0 as an amateur with 69 of those victories coming by way of knockout, 40 in the first round. He turned professional in 1940 at the age of 19 and by 1951 had a professional record of 128-1-2 with 84 knockouts. He was the guy that Ali worshipped and tried to be like. Nuff said.
    Roy Jones is my fav boxer. Watch this shit:
    griffin 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Khb...eature=related

Fast forward this one to 2:00 if you are impatient:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvrS...eature=related
    do or die for ball, 1's and 2's to 15, make it take it, call your own fouls.

pick the greatest american basketball player during his prime (jordan, wilt, kareem, whoever you like) and pit him in a mono y mono street game with the greatest american football player of all time (rice, brown, taylor, etc).

who wins and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie

pick the greatest american basketball player during his prime (jordan, wilt, kareem, whoever you like) and pit him in a mono y mono street game with the greatest american football player of all time (rice, brown, taylor, etc).

who wins and why?
    I have a feeling that this post won't get as much credit as it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie

who wins and why?
    I have a feeling that this post won't get as much credit as it deserves.
    Probably because for every non-american here the only words in the whole paragraph that make sense even a little bit are jordan and maybe kareem.

As for the op, obv a boxer will win a boxing match and an mma figther will win an mma fight.
    Im non American and i know all the names.
    Tony Romo vs Spiderman. Who wins and why?
    i say american boxing because thats what its called. its a wee less ambiguous than boxing. i guess i could have called it western boxing, which is probably the least ambiguous.

this is not an apples and oranges comparison like the jopkes youre making. both mma and boxing are very much relevant to bareknuckle boxing, however, they are different in their own ways. this was for speculating in what ways and how much. also bareknuckle is not a sport because the athletes would all have broken knuckles. big reason for why western boxing exists.

anyways

Quote Originally Posted by wes
    The boxer wins hands down. There is no comparison between the hand speed and combinations of a boxer and an mma fighter. Thats all they train for, as opposed to the mma guys that have to train for everything. I prefer boxing but i like mma when they dont dry hump.

The best boxer ever is Sugar Ray Robinson. He was 85-0 as an amateur with 69 of those victories coming by way of knockout, 40 in the first round. He turned professional in 1940 at the age of 19 and by 1951 had a professional record of 128-1-2 with 84 knockouts. He was the guy that Ali worshipped and tried to be like. Nuff said.
    i agree that the boxer wins, but for different reasons that youd expect.

gloved boxing seems like its more specific to bareknuckle boxing, which it may be, but ive been wondering how much of a technical deviation is utilized due to the fact that gloves are used. this allows for taking many more punches, taking lighter punches, far more endurance since more punches are thrown, and possibly an entirely different structural approach than bareknuckle. this type of thing wouldn't be apparent in in mma except that in mma they have to compensate for the takedown and strikes from the lower body. again this will change things but how much i do not know. im actually guessing that the change isn't too much, and that mma standup is more like bareknuckle than western boxing is, but probably only slightly if at all.

my reason for thinking a boxer would be better at bareknuckle is genetic selection. its no coincidence that a majority of mma are from a different gene pool than boxers. i speculate this is because shorter stockier builds are more conducive to grappling while longer builds have the better leverages for boxing.

and do you really think sugar ray is the greatest ever? consider the competition. he may have been the best of his time, but has not training, drugs, and genetic selection improved since then?
    lol what?

the boxer wins because he's a fucking boxer, el dee fucking oh
    this is just like asking who wins between a boxer and an mma fighter in vale tudo

it's retarded to even talk about
    you are doing the very thing that you're accusing me of doing
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy
    I didn't accuse you of shit except having questionable skills in the English language, but that was in a different thread
    Me /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    You could take my post on several different levels ("do or die", "call your own fouls", "mono y mono", "street game", etc.), and not just the level 1 sarcastic post that it was originally meant to be.

Were it a traditional boxing match (i.e. with gloves), this would obviously be a no-brainer. In a bareknuckles match, I still feel very strongly about the boxer but it does add an interesting dynamic. I just think the skill difference is too great, even if the traditional boxer is at a relative disadvantage in a boxing match by having to go bareknuckled.

I'd also submit that the greatest well-known boxer of all time is almost certainly better at boxing than the greatest well-known MMA-er of all time is at MMA. How long has MMA been mainstream again?
    ProZachNation /thread
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I didn't accuse you of shit except having questionable skills in the English language, but that was in a different thread
    this is quite currently my aforementioned specification without which serendipitous equivocation herein generates applied production alleviating problematic and expletive mitochondrial semantic variation ldo ducy motherfucker
    Wufwugy Vs. Spoon. Who wins and why?

Redzill4 Vs. Pankfish. Who wins and why?

Spenda Vs. Leg. Who wins and why?

WildBob Vs. Euph. Who wins and why?
    - You're the reason why paradise lost
    Quote Originally Posted by kevster

size

motivation

ldo

toss-up
    and do you really think sugar ray is the greatest ever? consider the competition. he may have been the best of his time, but has not training, drugs, and genetic selection improved since then?
    I was mostly going by his record (which is unthinkable today) and dominance of the sport. The natural talent he had (without steroids and other "help") is incredible. He was a boxer and a puncher.

Its hard to tell what he would have been like if he had everything that guys have now, and its hard to say whos the best boxer of all time because unlike other sports they have different weight classes.
    Wufwugy Vs. Spoon. Who wins and why? Spoon, he's got retard-farmboy-strength.

Redzill4 Vs. Pankfish. Who wins and why? Redzizzles, since all AzNs are accomplished martial artists

Spenda Vs. Leg. Who wins and why? Gimmle, he's got the crazy eyes.

WildBob Vs. Euph. Who wins and why? Bad Beat Bob, someone ship the euph pic
    Awesome post
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>

Me b/c of grappling experience

Redzill4 b/c asians know kung fu

Spenda b/c GMML still has that website's shaft broken off in his ass from that video contest thing so he can't walk good or something idk

Euph b/c he's used to picking up people the size of todd brunson oh shit wait it's the other way around sry
    take all your grappling experience and add one day of training and thats how much i have
    take all your grappling experience and add one day of training and thats how much i have
    Ohhhhhhhhhh you so ice cold imo
    ray robinson
    at the age of 19 and by 1951 had a professional record of 128-1-2 with 84 knockouts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Ray_Robinson
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73

size

motivation

ldo

toss-up
    hey! pretty sure i'd be a favorite here. it'd be like QQ v AKo and i'd be the ladies.
    but i'd never fight suspenderssssssssssssss, too much luv
    gimmle, yer so crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew
    ray robinson
    at the age of 19 and by 1951 had a professional record of 128-1-2 with 84 knockouts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Ray_Robinson
    I think ive heard that somewhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman