Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Picking up poker again, where to begin?

Default Picking up poker again, where to begin?

Hey everyone, i've been a member on FTR for a long time. But for the last 5 years or so i haven't been posting or playing poker. This has probably been due to my addiction to weed, but now i've been clean for more than a year, and I'm ready to play again. But boy the game has changed Well no need to dwell on the past.

So I decided to just jump in to the waters, but I quickly realised that wasn't going to work. I just ended up playing like a zombie, playing random hands, bluffing at random, etc. So I thought starting hands would be a good place to start, so I found a strat, think it was written by Jack Sawyer. After i adopted this into my game it was like i got my game more Zenlike, am I making sense here? Oh and i'll be playing 0.01/0.02 nl.

So now my hand ranges looks something like this:
    Utg: 77+,Ajs, Aqo, KQs
    Mp: 55+, ATs, AJo, suited broadways(QJs), KQo
    Co: 22+,A8s+,ATo+, all broadways, 98s+
    Btn: 22+,all Ax,, all broadways,54s

But right now I don't know how to take my game further. Don't really know where to begin, hehe
    Wassup.

Start here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ng-197542.html

I have a weekly strategy column that would also be a good start. Here was the first edition of that column: http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-s...in-poker-17324
    Good luck in your endeavors Mr Junkie, I have just jumped back onto the 10NL tables after a gap of about 2 years, keep your concentration and I am sure you will be fine.
    Edit: double post
    Last edited by Brownie; 05-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    Just checked "Its Coming..." and it seems really interesting. In the beginning I thought you had lost it but I especially liked the "Rediscover the hunger" post
    Thx and you too