Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

small stakes robusto / street cleaning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'll update for bikes

(read in tourette guy's voice)

I haven't updated my FUCKING blog cuz poker is ASS and I don't give a SHIT about FUCK.
    Daven, why you asking a question then answering it yourself on the next page?
    Carroters, why do you see a page break there?
    50 posts per page FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    cock sauce and anything asian is great
    i'm with carroters here. how can i make each page show more posts?
    in profile or settings or whatever somewhere. save the internet trees, more posts per page.
    You guys remember that Daven is Dozer right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    You guys remember that Daven is Dozer right?
    This isn't the issue. The issue is you being a noob and only viewing 50 posts per page.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    Daven, why you asking a question then answering it yourself on the next page?
    cos that's how i roll bro
    100 posts per page is a real bitch if you open the pics that make you lol thread on your phone
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    100 posts per page is a real bitch if you open the pics that make you lol thread on your phone
    Pics shouldn't be showing up on your phone if you're viewing the mobile website.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Why get a 500 quid phone capable of net access and then use a mobile site.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    bikes y u let your fans down
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    Come on. Prove the haters wrong. You got this and you know it!
    I'm with Carrots, 50 pages is optimal.

100 is just too much.

Hi, I'm Dustin Ranger, and I'm an internet noob. Don't curr if y'all know it.
    cock sauce and anything asian is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid_Rage View Post
    I'm Dustin Ranger ... Don't curr if y'all know it.
    CATS OUT OF THE BAG
    bikes come back!
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...-a-153854.html

Join IRC. Now.

<Cobra> Nobody folds an A BvB, that's absurd
    feel free to come back to #rh provided you can
    stop
    typing
    this

=)

?wut
    I'll update for bikes

(read in tourette guy's voice)
    So much this.

?wut
    bump - poker these days?
    am currently trying to figure out wtf i want to do with the next few years of my life. whether its poker, bidness school, or peace corps or something like that. am leaning towards poker but lots of irl stuff is happening atm which i dont want to explain so atm i have no idea wtf im doing

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    am currently trying to figure out wtf i want to do with the next few years of my life. whether its poker, bidness school, or peace corps or something like that. am leaning towards poker but lots of irl stuff is happening atm which i dont want to explain so atm i have no idea wtf im doing
    best of luck with the decision process. If you want old man commentary then flick me a pm.
    Poker will always be there and will for us Americans only be easier in a few years. school will only get harder......
    Quote Originally Posted by !Luck View Post
    Poker will always be there and will for us Americans only be easier in a few years. school will only get harder......
    uhhh.. this statement is kinda backwards
    Last edited by Micro2Macro; 01-24-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    Prolly means harder to get back into you as you become older. If not, then I tend to agree stmt is backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    uhhh.. this statement is kinda backwards
    I disagree. Poker in the united states will get easier as the market opens up, granted that may take 2-5 years. School always gets harder as you get older. The beauty of online poker is that you can have success part time and then transition to full time. I don't know how many hours you play, but a dedicated person can put in 80 hours a month, while working full time job / full time school. You can even add another 10 hours a month of study time and still have social life.

I know you may counter that the amount of information about poker is ever increasing; that's true that top end will continue to get ever more competitive. But in the middle echelons it will be like weight loss / personal finance. Most will know the rules but few will have the discipline to follow it.

Without knowing more about his IRL stuff it is really hard to comment, im def. not the type of person to ever even consider going peace core, thus my world view isn't going to be too helpful. But, I suspect there are some things where my life experience could be relevant to his current life dilemma.

In the end I wish him the best of luck.
    trying to predict whether or not the USA market will really end up being as profitable as speculators think is like trying to predict future booms/busts of the stock market.

there are more factors to consider aside from just there being a lot of american fish. you also don't play MSNL and if you saw the direction in which the games are going you'd understand.

I also see no evidence for school getting harder as someone ages. It seems like more of a personal belief of ones ability than a fact.
    trying to predict whether or not the USA market will really end up being as profitable as speculators think is like trying to predict future booms/busts of the stock market.

there are more factors to consider aside from just there being a lot of american fish. you also don't play MSNL and if you saw the direction in which the games are going you'd understand.

I also see no evidence for school getting harder as someone ages. It seems like more of a personal belief of ones ability than a fact.
    ^ games will never be like 2004 or whatever
    adult students always did pretty well in the classes i was in at university - they tended to work harder and be way more focused than most
    University gets easier as you go. The intellectual level of the material (broadly speaking) hits a ceiling from which point learning becomes about volume of new material one can absorb and use. The more you absorb, the easier the new stuff is to absorb.
    This is not my signature. I just write this at the bottom of every post.

Wouldn't the above be more reason to stay away from poker for those that want to make it a profession?

This is my personal belief that's based on my observations of the world, so take my sample size for what its worth. But, in my experience I have seen how kids treat adult student, i see how potential future employers treat older candidates for entry level jobs. I have seen agism and all that shit and from that perspective I make my comments. I can also say that for those from middle class (me), you get one easy shot to get through school before family and social obligations make it more difficult. I never for once thought that school was hard from an intellectual perspective, most* fail due external factors, which in my experience only increase with age.

*Edit, when I say most that's based on my experience being an RA and I saw many smart kids drop out.
    Last edited by !Luck; 01-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by !Luck View Post
    Wouldn't the above be more reason to stay away from poker for those that want to make it a profession?

This is my personal belief that's based on my observations of the world, so take my sample size for what its worth. But, in my experience I have seen how kids treat adult student, i see how potential future employers treat older candidates for entry level jobs. I have seen agism and all that shit and from that perspective I make my comments. I can also say that for those from middle class (me), you get one easy shot to get through school before family and social obligations make it more difficult. I never for once thought that school was hard from an intellectual perspective, most* fail due external factors, which in my experience only increase with age.

*Edit, when I say most that's based on my experience being an RA and I saw many smart kids drop out.
    @ bold: this is tough to answer. I think if you have to rely on a big boom in the American market to consider making poker a profession then yes, one should avoid playing professionally. If one can make money in both good and bad times in the poker market, then they are probably fine. I think anyone playing professionally should have an exit strategy that involves doing something else in 3-5 years time because counting on being a pro poker player for a long time (like 10+ years) seems a bit prudent.

As for school, if you are looking to be a middle class working for someone else employee and slave to the corporation then being younger is an advantage. If you are going for reasons more focused on starting your own business/taking over family business/gaining intellectual experience and gaining contacts, then I don't think age matters as much (the advantage to being younger however is the biological clock isn't as close to it's expected ending)

Def agree that most don't finish school due to external factors (source: personal experience)
    I think anyone playing professionally should have an exit strategy that involves doing something else in 3-5 years time because counting on being a pro poker player for a long time (like 10+ years) seems a bit prudent.
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    I think anyone playing professionally should have an exit strategy that involves doing something else in 3-5 years time because counting on being a pro poker player for a long time (like 10+ years) seems a bit prudent.
    Is your reasoning for this statement solely based on the current state of poker with the UIGEA and DOJ shutdown? Or are there other factors... just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGrinder View Post
    Is your reasoning for this statement solely based on the current state of poker with the UIGEA and DOJ shutdown? Or are there other factors... just curious.
    no other factors like

1) your past performance does not mean your future performance will be equal or greater. should have a plan for when shit hits the fan
    2) poker sure as hell won't carry you through your entire life up to retirement and if it does you'd probably want to kill yourself
    3) if you want to make a lot of money in life poker should only be the beginning because bigger money is made elsewhere
    4) gov legislation can affect you negatively (seen this already with americans) but think other things like tax problems or something.
    5) a lot of pressure to make money when you have bills to pay. at least with most other jobs you can secure a contract to be paid x$ over xtime or something. this type of work isn't for everyone. some people are better off with a secure, stable work life.