Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Counter Strike: Source

Default Counter Strike: Source

So who has played the new Counterstrike source beta that will be released with HL 2. If you bought condition zero or have the ATI hl2 voucher thing they included with a lot of their video cards you can play the beta now through steam. I played it for a little bit last night and it is very very phat. All the maps are basically the same they just totally redid the graphics and physics and things. Now if there is a barrel or something you can blast that thing all over the map.

I know a lot of you used to be counterstrike junkies like myself so I just figured id let you guys know its available for play now if u didnt already know.
    you can play the beta now through steam

Through steam? Man the wonders of technology will never cease to amaze me. But hasn't the age of the steam machine been replaced by the nuclear age? And if not. How much coal does one need to get the computer up to top speed?

Big Lick
    Quote Originally Posted by FyrFytr998
    you can play the beta now through steam

Through steam? Man the wonders of technology will never seem to amaze me. But hasn't the age of the steam machine been replaced by the nuclear age? And if not. How much coal does one need to get the computer up to top speed?
    LMFAO

Somehow I KNEW that was coming

Billy
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Man that was great!!!!!!!!!! :P
    nice..

I still play 1.6 about once a week or so.
    Yeah I played it for a long time too but havent played since probably feb when I started playing poker for money. I have been playing since like 1.2 or 1.3. Remember back in the day when you could jump and it wouldnt slow you down lol. They seemed to take awhile to fix that one. I liked it the old way better though. Those shields I hated at 1st but when Im playing with my friends we can dominate the hell out of people with em where I just use him as bait and they run up and jump around trying to shoot him and then I just shoot em in the back. It seems to work the best on office because there are so many places you can set up.

There used to be these big lan parties around here with all my friends and we would get about 10-12 people and play for like 24 hours or so but 3 of em moved to indianapolis and 2 of the 3 were the the ones who set all the shit up so I havent been to one in awhile. I miss em. Its great when you can actually talk shit right to the peoples face.

I used to actually record a lot of my matches and put some of the highlights in like a CS music video. That didnt last too long though.

Whats the most people you guys have ever killed in a row? Once I got 21 on train back in like 1.4 I think it was and then I got 19 in a row on vertigo on Ts. What sucks is the map changed on my 19 in a row I never actually got killed.
    i've got 20+ in a row. i'll go digging through screenshots and see if i can find some old scores.

I started playing CS 5 years ago

back when there were only 3-4 maps, and guns didn't dissapear at the end of the round.

you could "run and throw" guns back to your spawn and just pick it up off the ground in the new round.. ahh the old day, how i'm glad to see it gone
    Ha thats funny. Yeah I havent been playing quite that long. There are still various bugs in 1.6 that im not sure if they ever fixed since its been so long since I've played it. There was the one on dust where you can jump up the crates in the beginning right next to the main archway you run through and you could jump on the "ceiling" and run around ontop of the map and waste people. It usually didnt help you a whole though cause people could see you from all over and just shoot up and kill you. There was that other one on assault where you could have someone crouch in the corner of the catwalk and you jump on top of em and jump again and it would shoot you through the ceiling.

Yeah I have tons and tons of screenshots too. Probably like 200. I loved getting like the massive ass damage screens where I would do like 800 damage on one round. I have another one where I killed like 8 guys I think it was in one round. My friend actually had like the most flawless nade throw I have ever seen where he killed like 5 guys with it on dust2. It was amazing and I had just died getting all guys healths low and had like the perfect view and saw that thing fly right in the middle of all of em and just BOOM wasted em all. That was for sure one of the coolest CS scenes I have ever seen in all the years I played.

Have u ever seen the CS movies that various people made. There were 2 that were exceptional that I really loved. One was militia part 1 and the other militia part 2 lol. They are really exceptional and you havent seen them you should definitely search for em and check em out. They had to put tons and tons of time and effort into em.