Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

100NL HU Bluff Line Check

Default 100NL HU Bluff Line Check

Villain is a bad reg who is really active preflop. He has been C/Fing flop or cbetting flop then C/Fing turn too much in 3b pots so I decided to defend pre. He has shown down junk before as the 3bettor where I checked behind with mid pair.

BB: Villain (€180)
    SB: Hero (€123)

Dealt to Hero

Hero Raises to €2, Villain Raises to €7, Hero Calls €5

Flop €14:

Villain Bets €9, Hero Calls €9

Turn €32:

Villain Bets €15, Hero Calls €15

River €62:

Villain Bets €25, Hero Shoves for €92, €67 more to Villain
    If you want to bluff, I think I'd rather raise the turn. It's a more representable card and it gives you a draw to the nuts.
    Defending pre is fine, calling flop is fine. Calling turn is atrocious. River seems bad since you're most likely banking on two pair folding.
    I don't get it. You want to exploit his tendency to c/f turn and still you don't give his bet any credit?

Quote Originally Posted by pocketfours View Post
    I don't get it. You want to exploit his tendency to c/f turn and still you don't give his bet any credit?
    first thing I thought also
    I feel silly for posting this without more info.

I fold on this turn close to 100% of the time. When he bet that turn, my mouse automatically hovered over the fold button but then I stopped and thought for a bit. I have played against this villain over a thousand hands. I have never seen him bet half pot nor less than half pot. Also, his timing was off. I can't really describe it but it wasn't his usual confident value bet timing that he has postflop. Also, he usually bets 2/3-3/4, closer to 3/4 when betting for value. In addition, in recent memory the only time I played back and jammed on him I showed down the nuts.

Instead of the hand itself, I guess this becomes more of a question about bet sizing tell / timing tell. This is something more new to me, as I have been doing less and less tables and started thinking about more things in a given hand. My initial reaction is to just fold turn but give the info above, any reason to act differently or am I just leveling myself?
    well now that u made it to the river, good bluff
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Clan_Sup3rMaN View Post
    I feel silly for posting this without more info.

I fold on this turn close to 100% of the time. When he bet that turn, my mouse automatically hovered over the fold button but then I stopped and thought for a bit. I have played against this villain over a thousand hands. I have never seen him bet half pot nor less than half pot. Also, his timing was off. I can't really describe it but it wasn't his usual confident value bet timing that he has postflop. Also, he usually bets 2/3-3/4, closer to 3/4 when betting for value. In addition, in recent memory the only time I played back and jammed on him I showed down the nuts.

Instead of the hand itself, I guess this becomes more of a question about bet sizing tell / timing tell. This is something more new to me, as I have been doing less and less tables and started thinking about more things in a given hand. My initial reaction is to just fold turn but give the info above, any reason to act differently or am I just leveling myself?
    When he goes bet bet bet like this he pretty much has 2 pair, J10, flush or random bluff that he decided to go with. He pretty much never folds 2 pair, never folds j10 and never folds flush. So the only times you are getting folds is vs a random bluff. With your reads I pitch the turn.