Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

AA deep on the worst board

Default AA deep on the worst board

Played this so weak, am I getting value from anything though? This guy's running 21/17/2.5 and calls EVERY 3-bet. Should I still bet the river for a little value?

$0.50/$1 No Limit Holdem
    4 players
    Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
    CO ahks ($101.00)
    BTN britneyfan86 ($439.45)
    SB FAT_FINGER ($96.15)
    BB Hero ($240.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 4 players) Hero is BB
    1 fold, britneyfan86 bets $4, 1 fold, Hero bets $13, britneyfan86 calls $10

Flop: ($28.50, 2 players)
    Hero bets $18, britneyfan86 calls $18

Turn: ($64.50, 2 players)
    Hero checks, britneyfan86 checks

River: ($64.50, 2 players)
    Hero checks, britneyfan86 checks

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    hey, at least the flush draw didnt come in
    i discussed this a bit over msn and im not sure myself what exactly is the best line/

imo i think you could 3bet larger preflop since we are SO deep OOP. I think this shoudl go against makign a std raise pre even tho we always give set odds.

Flop should be bigger bet by us

Turn i think is a bet/fold

River depends, i like thinner value but c/c can be good since a ton of draws missed which opp cud have since he can call a wider range than normal given stack sizes.
    Jman: every time the action is to you, it's an opportunity for you to make the perfect play.
    3bet bigger pre if he calls every 3bet.
    Bet turn, bet river wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzard
    Bet turn, bet river wtf?
    Why? What am I getting value from? Is a flush draw going to call? And what do I get value from if I bet the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzard
    Bet turn, bet river wtf?
    Why? What am I getting value from? Is a flush draw going to call? And what do I get value from if I bet the river?
    This flop is so drawy he has to raise it w/ a better hand than AA. Even if he does just call, he's deffo not checking through the turn too. If you don't bet the turn this is an easy bet on the river, unless you think he's aggro enough to bet a missed draw or something.

I'd bet/fold the turn and bet the the river too, I don't think the Jc improves his hand much.

You bet the river coz its an EZ bet and your ahead obv in my opinion. whether he calls or fold you obv have the best hand. It's only if you get raised on the river your obv in trouble, but he hasn't shown any sign of strength throughout the hand.
    If he's stationing 3 bets he's probably not folding any tp or overpair. So you have to bet then turn cause every 10 will call every Jack will call and KK and QQ isn't folding. (I think he could be bad enough to have KK and QQ here. )

I'd bet the turn for sure and consider betting the river depending on timing and what my feeling was in the moment.

I'd also bet 22-24 on the flop.
    If villain isn't too aggressive, then I think a b/f on this turn is fine. There are tons of draws on this flop that still didn't get there. QJ will for sure call a turn bet, and spades might still call too. I'd also expect a hand like T8/98 etc to potentially raise this flop pretty often.

As played, I think you can value bet this river pretty easily. 8x will probably bet the turn given how drawy it is, so I don't think you have to worry about a bet getting raised.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24
    If villain isn't too aggressive, then I think a b/f on this turn is fine. There are tons of draws on this flop that still didn't get there. QJ will for sure call a turn bet, and spades might still call too. I'd also expect a hand like T8/98 etc to potentially raise this flop pretty often.
    I thought they'd tend not to because of our stacks and his outs might not be clean because of the FD. But yeah, I definitely shouldn't rule that out completely.

As played, I think you can value bet this river pretty easily. 8x will probably bet the turn given how drawy it is, so I don't think you have to worry about a bet getting raised.
    Yeah I hate how I didn't bet the river since the 7 also destroys any shy two pair hands he might have had.

But since your preferred line is to bet the turn, what do you do on the river is called?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    I thought they'd tend not to because of our stacks and his outs might not be clean because of the FD. But yeah, I definitely shouldn't rule that out completely.

Yeah I hate how I didn't bet the river since the 7 also destroys any shy two pair hands he might have had.

But since your preferred line is to bet the turn, what do you do on the river is called?
    Yah you're right, he might shy away from raising T8/98 on the flop given stack sizes.

I'd prefer to bet turn yah. If he called turn, I'd prob bet river again or c/c if I thought his range for betting (missed draws?) was wider than his range for calling.

There's really no harm in betting until he gives you a reason to think you're not ahead. Betting the river is also good cause you can price the river yourself, in case you don't wanna face some overbet jam or something.
    This situation isn't really that marginal once your opponent checks behind on the turn and then the 7's pair. I would try to get some weak value from a worse two pair and make a smallish bet.
    GAS GAS GAS

The flop is not that bad since your flop re-raise tends to fold out most of his drawing hands. I only hate the turn because it helps both JJ and QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    GAS GAS GAS

The flop is not that bad since your flop re-raise tends to fold out most of his drawing hands. I only hate the turn because it helps both JJ and QQ.
    200BB deep, its kind of silly to fold drawing hands for $9. This guy never folds to a 3-bet so you cant say that. As all ready mention, make it a lot bigger and you can be more aggressive.
    Id definitly raise more preflop and pot the flop for the reasons you mentionned.

As played river is a value bet because he woulda bet a straight on the turn since there are two flush draws. And check-call only if u feel he would bluff a missed FD or something. If ure unsure just bet.
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.