Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 285 of 420 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 21,301 to 21,375 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    Do you really think so? When you first heard of the blm movement, we're your thoughts about how they wanted more rights than everyone else? Or where they more about how they wanted equal rights?

Any argument can be cleverly twisted. This one was easier than most, but do you think a counter movement could honestly have been prevented with a different theme?
    When I first heard of BLM, I thought it was ridiculous to start that platform based on a case where a 17 year old went out of his way to attack someone (which he did, geometrically speaking, after walking past his own front door to go attack Zimmerman) and was killed in self-defense. The message I got from that loud and clear was that Martin's life mattered more than Zimmerman's because Zimmerman was being called white (when he's Peruvian). I didn't hear "black lives matter too," I heard "Trayvon's life matters more than the guy he went out of his way to beat the shit out of."

The Michael Brown case played out in a lot of the same way. BLM's message was that his life mattered more than the life of the store he just robbed and of the cop he just tried to attack.

By the time the Eric Garner case happened, which is the only one of the three that should have really deserved a movement, nobody gave a shit anymore about BLM because they saw people rioting and doing other dumb shit after the Trayvon and Michael Brown cases.
    "Every 46 hours, a white kills a black."
    "Every 4 hours, a black kills a black."
    White people aren't the ones who need to be told black lives matter.
    I don't think Garner was a rallying case either. That and Zimmerman suggest (to me) that laws regarding the lawful use of force may need reform. I didn't see racism though.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    White people aren't the ones who need to be told black lives matter.
    I would guess this statistic includes warring countries in Africa, and is not just the outcome of gang violence in America
    I would guess this statistic includes warring countries in Africa, and is not just the outcome of gang violence in America
    This would be an incredibly low figure if applied globally.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Once every 4 hours is 2190 per year
    ongies gonna ong
    Well, that's not a fair comparison. No question was asked by ALM, they asserted a statement.

If you're having a conversation with a bunch of people, try to say something, but everyone keeps talking over you and ignoring you, you might say "hey, my opinion matters". The response wasn't "well, does our opinion matter too?"...the response was "all opinions matter, sweetie".
    To answer this and your previous post (a bit half ass'd) if your* movement falls down at such an easily thought out off the cuff remark that's both logical and defensible which people agree with & your movement ultimately agrees with too, that you spend so much time dealing with. At the very best your movement is pretty inefficient.

Has the BLM movement actually made any real progress with any of the issues it had in the first place? Or has it mostly been destructive? Seems to me the latter but admittedly it's not really a UK issue so it's not exactly in the general news that often.

*generally, not yours specifically
    In 2012, white males were 38 percent of the population and committed 4,582 murders. That same year, black males were just 6.6 percent of the population but committed a staggering 5,531 murders.
    There are still more black people killing black people in America than white people killing black people, which is my point.
    Studies that may actually be useful instead of complete fiction were started, but the process is incredibly slow.

My guess is the States/Feds want proof of racism before making any kind of reform.

There is no doubt that they also harmed their cause. They needed to rally around pull-over statistics, kids being shot in the back, or voting. Self defense laws are pretty hard to fight against regardless of message or theme.

What I mean is...Zimmerman could have been hunting white grandmas instead and hated the elderly. But assuming the jury isn't too enamored by a cute grandma, he still gets away with it. In florida, the prosecution has to disprove self defense, and without witnesses...good luck
    And if we want to talk about cops being the problem:

It would take cops 40 years to kill as many black men as have died at the hands of others black men in 2012 alone.

University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime data from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012.

Professor Johnson’s research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.
    I think our criminal justice system needs heavy reform. I think it does treat minorities (in general) unfairly.
    I would describe this as a symptom. The law has a strong history of unfairly treating those who display alternative cultural norms. Mormons are a great example. They once were treated so badly by non-Mormons that they believed they had to migrate to unsettled territory to simply not be murdered or imprisoned. But it all changed once they left their alternative culture and adopted the mainstream one. They became monogamists, formal, respectable, and better capitalists than even the Calvinists. And all the mistreatment stopped. Even though people today tend to think Mormons are kinda weird, they are definitely not mistreated by the law anymore. In fact, it's probably a perk to be Mormon if you have legal troubles.

I'm not saying this is right; I'm not saying alt cultures should be mistreated. I just don't like the grouping along the lines of racial minorities. The explanation that racism causes systematic mistreatment is getting flimsier and flimsier by the year.
    Well, that's not a fair comparison. No question was asked by ALM, they asserted a statement.

If you're having a conversation with a bunch of people, try to say something, but everyone keeps talking over you and ignoring you, you might say "hey, my opinion matters". The response wasn't "well, does our opinion matter too?"...the response was "all opinions matter, sweetie".
    Hmmm I had to think about this for a while. It certainly looks like a strong analogy, I like it, but I think one way it doesn't work is that the conversation isn't about opinions but about specific content of opinions. I can see how this analogy may be how many BLM advocates view the circumstances, but I view it as an argument against their opinion instead of a marginalizing of the state of having an opinion.

I'm stealing this from Ben Shapiro: if you claim mistreatment, show me the mistreatment. Don't tell me about a statistic you found; show me what actually happened and we can have a conversation.

To me, the "all lives matter" response is a sort of technique to get back to that. It apparently isn't the most savvy one since a lot of people take it poorly, but at least to me it is something I say because I find it intuitive that if somebody thinks it's wrong to say "all lives matter," they've entered the realm of mental gymnastics.
    They needed to rally around pull-over statistics
    I'm on the opposite end of this. How many black neighborhoods have to be war zones before cops are tasked with keeping order?

I do not support infringement of liberties, but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think that cops would be stepping out of bounds if they were to come down so hard on these communities that statistics of "mistreatment" would skyrocket. There shouldn't be a street in America, nor a shop in America, where there is reasonable fear of violence. In urban centers, cops need to restore order so much that businesses can operate*; in rural areas where cops can't do much, individual defense protocols involving firearms are the answer.

*If people don't want cops everywhere (I don't), self-defense laws need to be liberalized to the point that would-be criminals know that they're liable to get their heads blown off regardless of what shop they try to rob or person they try to molest. There is an irony that those who reject the engagement from cops to secure neighborhoods also reject the engagement of protection by agency of the individual. Well, at least the criminals themselves don't espouse this irony; they love using their agency for their own protection. This makes me think that it's still all the naive upper-middle class people who only see violence on TV that think both cops and self-defense are problems.

Which brings me to another point, the mass vilification of cops in black communities has done untold damage. It's so bad that many black parents teach their children to defy police. The unintended consequence of this is a bunch of communities so destitute that they don't have safe enough streets to even begin nurturing enterprise enough that they escape poverty. I get that there is a perception of mistreatment of blacks by cops, and I agree that if you're black you are probably at higher probability of scrutiny by default, but this is just getting out of hand. Fear of cops (and of mainstream culture) has turned many black communities into wastelands.
    When I say pull-over statistics, I mean the percentage of each race which is pulled over for minor traffic violations.

There are so many traffic violations that the typical driver cannot avoid committing one. Speeding, wide left turn, failure to signal, distracted driving, taillight out, expired registration, tinting too dark, failing to stop for 3s at a stop sign, running a red light, etc etc etc. The traffic code is enormous.

Even im nice areas, minorities get pulled over and cited for these violations more often than whites (accounting for population density).

----

I absolutely agree that police should be stalking high crime areas with a squad of attack dogs and bazookas. Imho, gangs should not be able to openly exist.
    Which brings me to another point, the mass vilification of cops in black communities has done untold damage. It's so bad that many black parents teach their children to defy police. The unintended consequence of this is a bunch of communities so destitute that they don't have safe enough streets to even begin nurturing enterprise enough that they escape poverty. I get that there is a perception of mistreatment of blacks by cops, and I agree that if you're black you are probably at higher probability of scrutiny by default, but this is just getting out of hand. Fear of cops (and of mainstream culture) has turned many black communities into wastelands.
    I agree here too. One thing I do during traffic stops I'd put my hands on the wheel and turn the lights on. I figure it gives the cop an easier time, should put him at ease, and let's him know Im not waiting to pop him when he gets close.

A black person who was an adamant blm supporter practically lost his shit when I suggested he do the same.

(Which isn't to say people should do this, or that every blm supporter is like this)

I'm stealing this from Ben Shapiro: if you claim mistreatment, show me the mistreatment. Don't tell me about a statistic you found; show me what actually happened and we can have a conversation.

Could this not be a game to kill the movement? Statistics aren't ALL bullshit, there can still be meaning (though it's usually pretty narrow). Theres also plenty of cases where their argument is pretty strong, and it would seem that the ALM group, conservatives in particular, ignore these cases.
    Could this not be a game to kill the movement? Statistics aren't ALL bullshit, there can still be meaning (though it's usually pretty narrow). Theres also plenty of cases where their argument is pretty strong, and it would seem that the ALM group, conservatives in particular, ignore these cases.
    What cases are ignored?
    Serious question: What change has BLM caused to make things better?
    JKDS is 10+ in the last page and a half
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    It's officially summer break for me at work. I'm still working full time, but there are currently no classes, finals are done, grades turned in, semester complete. I worked my entire shift yesterday and didn't see or speak to anyone the entire day (until I poked my head in the dept. office at the end of my shift).

I've made a few new demonstrations in my free time. I don't know how likely they are to make it into the classroom, which somehow makes playing around with my toys even more fun. I'm thinking, "I get paid to play with these toys and I'm doing my job even if my time ultimately yields no usable results." Also, now I can look up YouTube physics demonstrations at work and call it research.

Lol. Jokes on you, employer! This is what I'd be doing if I was sitting at home, anyway.

Life is full of awesome and win. Get you some!
    They sure do know how to manage their money.
    I don't know anything specific about the budget.

I know that I have a company credit card and that all of my direct questions as to my spending limit have been openly not answered.

It's a fun game I'm playing to just keep thinking bigger until I'm told that I've gone too big.

Washington University in St Louis is included in every list of top American universities that I found, ranking at 12, 15, 48, 66 on various lists. It is also an expensive university to attend, and I'm sure that plays into the budget they have for open-ended R&D between the semesters.

It's the down week after grades are in, but prior to commencement. In the future, I'll probably be taking the week off, but I'm new enough to not have that many vacation days saved up, yet. The summer session starts soon, and the level of daily activity in the department will pick up again.
    Just glancing through my "achievements" on unibet, and I see I've unlocked "nobody folds better than me", which requires one to fold AA pre flop facing a raise.

I guess I disconnected at a bad time without noticing, because I'm fucked if I can remember when that was.

Now I'm annoyed about it. Why did they have to tell me?
    ongies gonna ong
    Reminds me of Bernie Sanders' wife killing this college because she doesn't understand that when you spend money, you have to actually pay for what you're spending: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ife-sinks-her/
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I think discriminating against flat earthers should be the same as racism.

Stop mocking flat earthers, you racist bastard.
    I'm gonna bring this comment here to see if anyone cares to talk about this.

Most people, if not all, who believe the earth is flat, do so because they believe in the literal word of the bible, and they assume that exotic theories that defy the bible, such as evolution and spherical earth and whatnot, are a test from God himself, a test of one's blind faith to the word of GOD.

So... surely calling someone stupid for believing the world is flat is no different to saying someone is stupid for believing in God. That is, flat earthers should enjoy the same level of discrimnation protection as religious folk.

I demand equality for flat earthers.
    ongies gonna ong
    So... surely calling someone stupid for believing the world is flat is no different to saying someone is stupid for believing in God. That is, flat earthers should enjoy the same level of discrimnation protection as religious folk.
    It's literally the same level of standard in both cases.
    What, the level of protection is already the same? It's not.

Let's say you have two applicants back for a second interview for a job vacancy, and both are on paper identical in terms of qualifications. You discover in conversation that one is a flat earther, and you decide to give the job to the other applicant based on this.

If that is religious discrimination, then that is a crime in England. But is it religious discrimination? I very much doubt that.
    ongies gonna ong
    I think deluded is a better term than stupid. As you know I have spend some time reading some arguments of flat earthers. Oftentimes the flat earthers will have a valid point and they will get screamed at by people who completely misunderstood the argument and have no understanding of things like really simple geometry and physics, and I mean simple. I am not being modest when I say I am a very basic person when it comes to science.
    It's easy to point fingers and go: their premise is stupid, so everything they say must be stupid, when in reality they put a surprising amount of effort into making the world fit their model. Where they go wrong is: they relentlessly keep repeating the same errors when someone must have already explained to them what they are doing wrong. They will explain any evidence to the contrary away and will accept any evidence that supports their believe. It's the conspiracy theorist's mindset.
    You don't have to be stupid to believe it. It helps. But there are some smart people believing really dumb shit.
    Last edited by oskar; 05-20-2016 at 05:15 AM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I think deluded is a better term than stupid. As you know I have spend some time reading some arguments of flat earthers. Oftentimes the flat earthers will have a valid point and they will get screamed at by people who completely misunderstood the argument and have no understanding of things like really simple geometry and physics, and I mean simple. I am not being modest when I say I am a very basic person when it comes to science.
    It's easy to point fingers and go: their premise is stupid, so everything they say must be stupid, when in reality they put a surprising amount of effort into making the world fit their model. Where they go wrong is: they relentlessly keep repeating the same errors when someone must have already explained to them what they are doing wrong. They will explain any evidence to the contrary away and will accept any evidence that supports their believe. It's the conspiracy theorist's mindset.
    You don't have to be stupid to believe it. It helps. But there are some smart people believing really dumb shit.
    In straight logic-table analysis, if the antecedent is false, any consequent is true. So if the premise is nonsense, you're open to a rich field of possible great points to make. If you're faced against someone insisting on a false premise, you would be wise to remember he's opened up the opportunity to play games.

"English mathematician G.H. Hardy (or possibly Bertrand Russell, depending on who you believe) was said to have made this interesting proof (or one much like it):Assume 0=1.
    Then 1=2, by adding 1 to both sides of the equation.
    The Pope and I are two people (this is obvious).
    Then The Pope and I are one person, since 1=2.
    Then I am the Pope, since we are the same person.

This is just a byproduct of the fact that a false proposition implies anything."
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>

this is so meta
    "That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it."
    Obama banned all Venezuelans, immigrants and visitors, from entering the US earlier this weekend
    Hilarious joke stolen from reddit.

Three guys are walking through the woods when they find a lamp.

One of them picks it up, rubs it, and out pops a Genie.
    It booms "You have finally freed me after all these years, so I'll grant each one of you 3 wishes." The first guy immediately blurts out "I want a billion dollars." POOF, he's holding a printout that shows his account balance is now in fact 1,000,000,003.50
    The second man thinks for a bit, then says "I want to be the richest man alive." POOF, he's holding papers showing his net worth is now well over 100 billion.
    The third guy thinks even longer about his wish, then says "I want my left arm to rotate clockwise for the rest of my life." POOF, his arm starts rotating.
    The Genie tells them it's time for their second wish.
    First guy says: "I want to be married to the most beautiful woman on earth." POOF, a stunning beauty wraps herself around his arm.
    Second guy says "I want to be good-looking and charismatic, so I can have every girl I want." POOF, his looks change and the first guy's wife immediately starts flirting with him.
    Third guy says "I want my right arm to rotate counter-clockwise until I die." POOF, now both his arms are rotating, in opposite directions.
    The genie tells them to think very carefully about their third wish.
    First guy does, and after a while says "I never want to become sick or injured, I want to stay healthy until I die." POOF, his complexion improves, his acne is gone and his knees don't bother him any more.
    Second guy says "I never want to grow old. I want to stay 29 forever." POOF, he looks younger already.
    Third guy smiles triumphantly and says "My last wish is for my head to nod back and forth." POOF, he's now nodding his head and still flailing his arms around.
    The genie wishes them good luck, disappears, and the men soon go their separate ways.
    Many years later they meet again and chat about how things have been going. First guy is ecstatic: "I've invested the money and multiplied it many times over, so me and my family will be among the richest of the rich pretty much forever. My wife is a freak in the sheets, and I've never gotten so much as a cold in all these years." Second guy smiles and says "Well, I built charities worldwide with a fraction of my wealth, I'm still the richest guy alive and also revered for my good deeds. I haven't aged a day since we last met, and yes, your wife is pretty wild in bed."
    Third guy walks in, flailing his arms around and nodding his head, and says:
    "Guys, I think I fucked up."
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Is the joke that it's not funny?
    A wall of text that goes all Flowers for Algernon is kinda sad, actually.

Is this a British humor thing?

Anyhoo. Keeping in the theme of "why did you do that to me?"

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows?
    They're making head-lines.

Have you heard about the new shipping airline out of Wisconsin that only delivers cheese?
    It's called Dairy Air.

How many wufwugy's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    That's not what lightbulb means.
    Is this a British humor thing?
    I don't think so, I didn't find it funny. British humour tends to be dry, sarcastic, or clever in the sense in takes a few seconds to get the joke.

This is just a potentially funny story with a shit punchline.

No offence dan, I'm sure you have jokes in your repertoire that would amuse me.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm sure there's a joke about mojos changing lightbulbs, in doing so referring to step by step instructions, taking into account current, power, resistance, the reflectivity of the surroundings, ambient temperature, and many other factors.

I'm just struggling to put it into amusing words.
    ongies gonna ong
    Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows?
    They're making head-lines.

Have you heard about the new shipping airline out of Wisconsin that only delivers cheese?
    It's called Dairy Air.
    These two jokes are terrible, by the way. If I was watching a comedian and he pulled these out, I'd turn it off and watch something else.
    ongies gonna ong
    It's funny because of the misdirection. You assume that the 3rd guy has a master plan and will come out on top in the end when in fact that he's just an idiot.
    what we talking about today gents?
    how many wugies does it take to make mmm have a pisspantsparty?

one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    It's funny because of the misdirection. You assume that the 3rd guy has a master plan and will come out on top in the end when in fact that he's just an idiot.
    Yeah but rather than find it funny, I found it disappointing. I wanted him to have a master plan. The punchline just made me feel like I'd wasted two minutes of my life.
    ongies gonna ong
    how many taxes does it take to thieve a lightbulb?

ur mom.
    How many lawyers does it take to create legal fiction?
    ongies gonna ong
    It's one of those jokes that completely hangs on delivery. If you make the third guy super confident in his choices and then have a complete breakdown as the punchline, it's funny.

Norm Macdonald likes to tell a joke on his podcast where he sets it up with some made up news story about a guy who shot up a school, or gave people aids or whatever and the punchline is just: "I mean that guy was just a complete jerk". It's not funny. What is funny is that he has told it like two dozen times. By the 5th time or so you realize. Norm knows it's terrible, Norm knows it's going to bomb. This joke is only funny to Norm. This makes it funny.
    These two jokes are terrible, by the way. If I was watching a comedian and he pulled these out, I'd turn it off and watch something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Keeping in the theme of "why did you do that to me?"
    Nailed it.

what we talking about today gents?
    Nothin'.

how many wugies does it take to make mmm have a pisspantsparty?

one.
    [ ] Would attend a pisspantsparty
    [x] Would turnout to vote for the pisspantsparty

how many taxes does it take to thieve a lightbulb?

ur mom.
    That's the spirit!
    To do list - make a to do list

^ my life
    ongies gonna ong
    I heard a terrible joke recently that made me laugh more than it should have...

What's Whitney Houston's favourite kind of coordination?

HAND EYEEEE-I-EYE
    ongies gonna ong

A gif reaction in 2 parts:
    1) hand
    2) eyes
    Last edited by MadMojoMonkey; 05-24-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    Seriously, though... so lucky to find Whitney Houston doing that response.

I'm so going to use this when I get home tonight. I think my neighbors will get a good groan out of it at bare minimum.
    If someone told me it (well) I'd chuckle but prefacing any joke by telling me how funny it is will always disappoint.
    Guy seems like he's hatching a plan, gonna upturn the game with his rotating arms, only for him to admit he was the idiot we all suspected.

Humor, that.
    I did laugh at that joke. I don't know how to honestly say that over the internet.
    Oh wait, I remembered

Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    It's one of those jokes that completely hangs on delivery. If you make the third guy super confident in his choices and then have a complete breakdown as the punchline, it's funny.

Norm Macdonald likes to tell a joke on his podcast where he sets it up with some made up news story about a guy who shot up a school, or gave people aids or whatever and the punchline is just: "I mean that guy was just a complete jerk". It's not funny. What is funny is that he has told it like two dozen times. By the 5th time or so you realize. Norm knows it's terrible, Norm knows it's going to bomb. This joke is only funny to Norm. This makes it funny.
    On that note, everyone should watch that podcast because it's fucking hilarious. Maybe skip the skits at the start because they're meant to be intentionally terrible, but they're way too terrible. My favourite episodes are the ones with his old SNL cast mates.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NormMacdonaldLive/videos
    Last edited by Galapogos; 05-24-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: People that recommend something without a link on the internet should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    So tonight I'm going to accidentally see Doctor & the Medics.

Why am I looking forward to it?

ongies gonna ong
    So tonight I'm going to accidentally see Doctor & the Medics.

Why am I looking forward to it?
    Are you secretly a huge fan of Christian rock?
    Moving house and Mrs says we should throw away all our cds as we don't use them anymore. I say fine, but I'm gonna take a bunch for the car because I still like listening so them sometimes when on long drives and I don't have an ipod or anything.

Anyway, point here, while I'm goimf through them all I find a dvdr from 2005 uni days where I've burnt a bunch of porn to disk to take with me when I left.

Had a quick look to see what was on there, my tastes have changed considerably in terms of genre but not girl type.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Are you secretly a huge fan of Christian rock?
    Don't think that's the genre they'd fit into. It's a cover-- they do lots of covers, and to boot the song it's a cover of is by a practicing Jew.

fwiw I think the original is a great song.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Don't think that's the genre they'd fit into. It's a cover-- they do lots of covers, and to boot the song it's a cover of is by a practicing Jew.

fwiw I think the original is a great song.
    I know it's a cover. I'd be surprised if there was a Christian rock band pulling off the Kiss-style face paint.
    I'm fairly certain that Jesus was a Jew, too.

This song is weird. The lyrics are painfully repetitive. The music is too, and also is dark and rather indicative of driving at night in moderate traffic (to me. I'm sure I could find other analogies for the sound, but it's def. not a church-like sound.) Yet, despite the disappointingly repetitive lyrics and music, the song somehow doesn't disappoint.
    Moving house and Mrs says we should throw away all our cds as we don't use them anymore. I say fine, but I'm gonna take a bunch for the car because I still like listening so them sometimes when on long drives and I don't have an ipod or anything.

Anyway, point here, while I'm goimf through them all I find a dvdr from 2005 uni days where I've burnt a bunch of porn to disk to take with me when I left.

Had a quick look to see what was on there, my tastes have changed considerably in terms of genre but not girl type.
    Kind of agree. Definitely into a wider range now though, rather than just birds with big tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I know it's a cover. I'd be surprised if there was a Christian rock band pulling off the Kiss-style face paint.
    I'm fairly certain that Jesus was a Jew, too.

This song is weird. The lyrics are painfully repetitive. The music is too, and also is dark and rather indicative of driving at night in moderate traffic (to me. I'm sure I could find other analogies for the sound, but it's def. not a church-like sound.) Yet, despite the disappointingly repetitive lyrics and music, the song somehow doesn't disappoint.
    Before I knew the songwriter was Jewish, I felt like the song let me vicariously experience belief, and I always thought it was really fun. It's just so earnest, it's like the joy of a child who hasn't yet tasted cynicism.

what u autistic pussies know bout this here
    did keto for a month, dumped it for a month, back on it. life is better on keto.

doing bulletproof coffee for first time (coffee+coconut oil). delicious, they say it gives a sustainable up, i may have to do this for the summer.
    getting good info on keto can be hard. r/keto has a stickied post that's decent, but it seems most of the info anywhere on keto is derived from lyle mcdonald's book. r/ketogains has a solid faq https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/wiki/index
    What's a keto week look like in terms of meals?

I'm thinking about trying vegan for a week, might as well line up a keto week as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    What's a keto week look like in terms of meals?
    The meals are all the same except you don't eat foods with high carbs. For example, keto pizza exists, but you probably have to make it yourself. You may want to google around or visit r/ketorecipes. There are high quality delicious keto options for just about everything. Some popular burger joints (IIRC Red Robin) do things like lettuce wrapped burgers instead of buns.

Most keto foods are really tasty since they're high fat and fats are where the majority of flavor comes from. Popular keto staples are bacon and cheese. My keto consists of stir fry and salad, lots of vegetables, meats, and oils. I tend to also do intermittent fasting, where I eat just one meal a day. Once you get used to this method, it's gangster as fuck. Your meals taste better and you have consistent energy throughout the day. If money wasn't an option, I'd probably alternate between one meal of rib-eye with broccoli/mushroom/onion/sriracha stir fry and another of beef/sausage/bacon/cheese/romaine/greek dressing salad.

It's probably best to shoot for longer than a week of keto. Nobody gets fully adapted until around 3 months. Different tiers of adaptation happen throughout.

Make sure to consume more water than typical. Propel is a great source. I've found that my intake doubles when I drink that tasty stuff. Also supplement Lite Salt (it tastes exactly like regular salt but has more potassium than sodium) once or twice daily, and maybe supplement magnesium unless you're doing boatloads of vegetables. This will stop the "keto flu" from knocking on your doorstep.

I'm thinking about trying vegan for a week
    How come?
    I mean like:
    Monday
    Breakfast: eggs and bacon
    Lunch: Beef and brocolli
    Dinner Steak and eggs

Tuesday...

Is it just stir-fry, stir-fry, stir-fry, stir-fry?
    No. Check out recipes. I do stir fry a lot because I like stir fry. It's my meat and potatoes. I'll eat it daily and be happy.

Virtually every food has a keto counterpart. Oftentimes they're very tasty because, well, carbs aren't really that flavorful in the first place. They're more of a packaging. Think of fettuccine. The flavor is all in the oil, cheese, meat, and seasoning. The carb noodles are largely just filler. Keto involves a lot of dishes where the "filler" is vegetables or meat or cheese instead of dough.
    loads of stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes

dude, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. probably better than normal ones since they have more delicious fats and proteins and fewer not-delicious bread crumbs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes...this_is_why_i/
    Naming it "keto diet" is why it isn't more popular. From what I remember about nutrition from years ago...the idea of losing carbs and eating mostly fats/proteins is spot on. But name it a "---- diet" and all of a sudden it's a fad with nonsense support.
    I've looked into the keto stuff, but it seems that there are a lot of angry guys shouting at each other about how everyone else is doing keto wrong, so I don't even know where to start with. I also think I'd be really bad on a diet that cuts some food sources completely. If I don't eat carbs for a couple of days I could genocide an entire people for a cookie. I don't think I'd be good on that. But I need to do something. I've been gaining about 4lbs a year for the past decade and went from borderline underweight to overweight and I'm feeling flabby.
    But I think what I'll do is calorie count so I stop overeating. That seems like the simpler thing to do.
    Last edited by oskar; 05-30-2016 at 05:48 AM.