Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

[50NL] KQo...BB vs BU.

Default [50NL] KQo...BB vs BU.

Villain is 42/23/0 (3bet) over 80 hands. ATS on BU is 67%, CB of 50%.

Might be worth noting that around 6 minutes earlier I had stacked him, his BU vs my BB again, he stacked off w/ 99 on 862r flop in 3bet pot.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $101.65
    UTG: $55.18
    CO: $53.59
    BTN: $50.00
    SB: $78.62

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players) Q 9 Q
    Hero checks, BTN bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.25, 2 players) 4
    Hero bets $7.25, BTN calls $7.25

River: ($24.75, 2 players) 8
    Hero checks, BTN bets $19.50, Hero ???

Firstly, my flop raise is so small because I wasn't paying attention and raised in relation to his bet size not the pot size.

Should we be b/f, c/c, or c/f this river? His bet is fairly big and pretty much everything got there.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    i would c/f river on that bet. cant see enough combos he'd bet to call.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Villain's spazmo flop sizing and line pretty much means you're toast on the river imo. I really want to snap it off but you look so much like big draws and Qx on the flop that he must know that you'll find the river difficult to fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_1878 View Post
    Might be worth noting that around 6 minutes earlier I had stacked him, his BU vs my BB again, he stacked off w/ 99 on 862r flop in 3bet pot.
    Enjoy - you're going to see this dick-waving stuff a lot at this stake (congrats on moving up so quickly from 25nl btw).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Villain's spazmo flop sizing and line pretty much means you're toast on the river imo. I really want to snap it off but you look so much like big draws and Qx on the flop that he must know that you'll find the river difficult to fold.

Enjoy - you're going to see this dick-waving stuff a lot at this stake (congrats on moving up so quickly from 25nl btw).
    Yeah, he must think I am pretty strong here, and with such a big bet I just think he has it a lot of the time.

Thanks, I felt like I understood what was happening at 25NL and I started off really well, never looked back. Hoping the same for 50NL, although I don't expect it to be anywhere near as quick.
    Currently grinding live cash games. Life is good.
    flop check-raise could be bigger
    turn looks good, again, would $9.25 change his calling frequency much though?
    i call river based on history/dynamic you gave + i'm a station - i can see him value betting worse here often enough that he doesn't need to be bluffing much for you to be good 30%. I like bet-fold $15-ish better though.
    That's like the ultimate nut worst river. I don't hate a c/f. If villain is passive I don't hate a block of like $10ish on river either, if we don't expect to get bluff jammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I'd 3bet pre against this guy. Riv c/f.

Random question. Not specific to OP's holdings, but I think most people have way too big of a c/f range here vs villain. Just think how profitable it is for villain to turn ATC into a bluff on this river. Maybe he was tilting or thought OP was FOS on flop and turn but now look at the beautiful opportunity that river presented him. You have to determine how cognizent he is of that fact, and how often he is tilting/thinking your FOS...not saying its a call, but just saying some people can be abused by check folding nearly their entire non-nut range here.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Aces, that supposes he is capable of bluffing with some pretty strong hands here.