Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Coachingadoodles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coachingadoodles

Howdy,
    I’m posting here because I’ve decided to return to coaching and what better spot to post for NSSNL and SSNL than here. Coaching is enjoyable for me and I’m sure you can find a lot of benefit to your game from learning from me. To basically cut down on the bullshit I’ve won a lot of FTP and lost a lot on Pokerstars unfortunately FTP hasn’t been tracked on PTR which was nice at the time when I played on FTP but kind of unfortunate now. Any who I’ve coached a few people throughout my years of playing poker and most all of them would say nice things about how I’ve helped them including such FTR members and I’m positive if we click together I could teach you a lot of awesome things pertaining to beating NSNL to SSNL. For starters I’m charging $15/h but if you decide you like me as a coach I’m very open to setting up packages. PM me if you are interested with the best way for me to contact you.

Cheers =)

****Rates going up to $20/h as of Feb 1st. Please pm me if you want to book hours at $15/h before the deadline hits. Ty =)****
    Last edited by bikes; 01-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.

?wut
    Bikes so good make you wanna slap yo mamma!

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    cock sauce and anything asian is great
    I have known bikes for several years, and consider him to be an excellent person and close friend. That said, I wouldn't be recommending him as a coach if I didn't think he would be incredibly helpful to new players.

bikes can speak on pretty much any topic in poker at a level that is appropriate for whoever is listening, be that power players or bc newbs. Additionally, he knows the forums, epic posts, vids, etc, like the back of his hand. Bikes is known as a go-to sweat guy among a circle of irc regs for deep tourney runs, as well as headsup battles. I specifically called him to my aid a number of times... getting unstuck against vills a number of times. Pretty much any game you play at any level, bikes can help you learn to play better and win more.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    15/hr wtf ill take some

bikes is a good creative player, i don't see why anyone would pass up this offer. he's not gonna waste ur time telling u to just bumhunt either like most coaches who charge 300/hr
    Is 15 bucks an hour a typo?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    bikes has taught me more about poker than anyone else, and has studied the game more than almost anyone else I know. $15/hr is stupidly low for someone who knows as much as he does. FR, 6m, HUcash, HUSnGs, MTTs, PLO, zillaha. What doesn't the kid do?

If you suffer from "bad weaktight reg" syndrome, I highly recommend a bikes crash course.
    Ty for kind words sirs. $15/h is not a typo, it's been a long time since I've coached anyone and would feel guilty/bad/scumbaggish if I took the standard reg line of MASSIVE OVERCHARGE. I might bump my rates a little if I have a bunch of successful students but at the moment I feel 15 is pretty fair given I haven't coached anyone in a while.

?wut
    Sn and garf plox
    [20:19] <Zill4> god
    [20:19] <Zill4> u guys
    [20:19] <Zill4> so fking hopeless
    [20:19] <Zill4> and dumb
    dumbass question...whats nsnl? never heard it said before.
    nano stakes?

Bikes - Would you consider working with an MTT junkie too?
    I haven't had any formal coaching from bikes but can say my bankroll has tripled since I've been talking to him on skype. His advice has helped change the way I think about poker. There isn't a single poster in the BC that wouldn't benefit from his coaching and at $15/hr I don't see how anyone can afford not to.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I'd like to but without HUD, HEM etc, it's probably better that someone else gets coaching.
    This is not my signature. I just write this at the bottom of every post.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norg View Post
    nano stakes?

Bikes - Would you consider working with an MTT junkie too?
    Sorry Norg, I haven't played MTT's seriously in a very long time and don't feel great about my MTT game due to this and I would feel like a complete scum bag charging you for something I likely sub optimal in.

NSNL confirmed nano stakes no limit

?wut
    Can you post large sample stats and graphs?

I'm sure some prospective students would like to see those. My brother's interested in getting started and I'm not interested/good enough to coach him.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    PM'd, not sure how any of us donks can pass up on this offer =o
    sending a PM
    For a limited time only, and for only $15/hr, you too can learn, AND MASTER!!!!, some of the most advanced concepts in poker with the help of 'Bikes'. You will learn important concepts like "shoving all in to put da max pressurez on dem", or the infamous "You can't win if you fold" theorem. What kind of offer is complete without not only an introduction to Asian Theorem, but a MASTERY course up in dat bitch. You will quickly learn to forget hand ranges, and only place villains on hands that you can beat! Or in the event it is the 90% of the time you have nothing and are bluffing, you will be able to place them on hands that CANT POSSIBLY CONTINUE!!1 Until they do!

If you pm now, Bikes is willing to also throw in an advanced course in 'Cussing like a Sailor' for the times when "DEM MOTHERFUCKERS JUST WONT FOLD EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE REPPING THE NUTS!!!".

This is literally the greatest deal of all time!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post
    For a limited time only, and for only $15/hr, you too can learn, AND MASTER!!!!, some of the most advanced concepts in poker with the help of 'Bikes'. You will learn important concepts like "shoving all in to put da max pressurez on dem", or the infamous "You can't win if you fold" theorem. What kind of offer is complete without not only an introduction to Asian Theorem, but a MASTERY course up in dat bitch. You will quickly learn to forget hand ranges, and only place villains on hands that you can beat! Or in the event it is the 90% of the time you have nothing and are bluffing, you will be able to place them on hands that CANT POSSIBLY CONTINUE!!1 Until they do!

If you pm now, Bikes is willing to also throw in an advanced course in 'Cussing like a Sailor' for the times when "DEM MOTHERFUCKERS JUST WONT FOLD EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE REPPING THE NUTS!!!".

This is not my signature. I just write this at the bottom of every post.
    Yeah this is a complete steal. As much as I fear business on the FTR front will be slow for me now I can't deny this is a crazy great price!
    god i was so bad in 2008

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    For starters I’m charging $15/h but if you decide you like me as a coach I’m very open to setting up packages. PM me if you are interested with the best way for me to contact you.

Cheers =)
    just quoting to say that this sounds like a very good deal
    Quote Originally Posted by XxStacksxX View Post

this is pretty funny too though

unfortunately FTP hasn’t been tracked on PTR
    ?
    LOL the old "PTR has lost about XX% of my hands" line.
    [20:19] <Zill4> god
    [20:19] <Zill4> u guys
    [20:19] <Zill4> so fking hopeless
    [20:19] <Zill4> and dumb
    basically easypoker i would post my graphs for a few people itt.

but not you because you are a cunt and have 721 posts of useless cuntery. I dont think ive ever seen you make a productive post and pretty much i've been the only one keeping you from getting perma banned but frankly im sick of reading your downz all over the place so goodbye and get the fuck out.

?wut
    Ha!
    @ pretty much everyone

players with sexy graphs do not always make the best coaches
    the best coaches do not always have sexy graphs.

I don't know why bikes doesn't want to post his sigs, but I bet he has his reasons. The guy seems to dislike me, but he definitely understands some poker. $15/hr is a great rate for coaching - I am pretty sure that 3hrs of coaching would pay back 5 buyins at 10nl quickly. If I was interested i'd probably suggest a 1hr test session, on the understanding that i would purchase a minimum of 4 hours if the session seemed to be of value to me (this is not just about coaching quality, but also about how well the coach and pupil gel on communication and approach). I imagine that $60 for 4hrs coaching from pretty much most winning (or even breakeven) players on ftr would be a profitable deal for anyone at 5nl-25nl (pm and ask them, who knows, worth a shot!)

basically easypoker i would post my graphs for a few people itt.
    just for context, i can look at bikes' graphs for myself, but don't think it's appropriate to out the sns of forum posters. It is unusual for coaches to not post their own results, but definitely not unheard of. If it concerns you, then don't purchase his coaching services. Ever considered that he doesn't want to out his sigs publicly, but would happily do so via pm to those interested in purchasing his coaching services?
    @ bikes, you could probably explain your reasons in about two minutes. But i figure that those who can't be bothered discussing this via pms or during coaching or whatever are going to be generally annoying about everything = so why bother

but not you because you are a cunt and have 721 posts of useless cuntery. I dont think ive ever seen you make a productive post and pretty much i've been the only one keeping you from getting perma banned but frankly im sick of reading your downz all over the place so goodbye and get the fuck out.
    pots and kitchens and blackheat etc
    ban of easypoker seems overkill, but just now i can't be bothered reading through his posts to see what context is/was like. edit: read some of his posts, maybe less overkill than i first thought. Shame that the tipping point was when you took it personally though cos..., fuck, who cares.
    Last edited by daven; 01-14-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    Does this mean Bigred will be banned too?
    Last edited by rong; 01-14-2012 at 04:19 AM.
    Sounds like you were referring to me, but that's why I became a mod, so I can be a dick and not get banned.

The basic rule is this, be a dick and get banned, be a dick and are good at poker and offer good advice in threads that count and you can stay. Study hard, get good, be a dick....Profit

I love the new regime, I hope it helps around here.
    touche jyms
    My head isn't so far up my arse that I consider ego more important than getting better at poker. Snap call. I recommend all microstakes players who are serious about getting better take up this offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Easypoker is not 15, he's more like 23 and has a job and stuff imo.
    He told me he teaches in a school
    Ya he might be even older, I just forget.
    i heard 16
    I heard he's not really black.
    Ha oh yeah newfish is the young guy, not easypoker... amirite?
    I heard he refused when bikes asked him out on a date and that's why bikes really banned him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    I heard he refused when bikes asked him out on a date and that's why bikes really banned him.
    so truuuuuu

to answer everyones questions my graphs look like this, i haven't posted them because my laptop is borked at the moment and tbh i'd rather not out my sns and graph at all and the below drawing is pretty close to what they look like anyway stars and ftp combined

........___
    ....._/.....|............_____
    ..../........|.....___/.........|
    ._/..........\../.................|
    /..............\/..................\

stuff like that. i would be a far better player if i did not tilt however i redeveloped all my tilt issues from when i started playing poker, i think this might make me a pretty stellar coach as i can pass on all my strengths and leave out my most glaring weakness. but ultimately the choice resides with you guys, if you think i'm worth it send me a pm, if not don't, i don't mind either way and i will not turn down anyone who has a genuine interest in learning.

?wut
    have you given up playing poker bikes?
    most people with perfect looking ptr graphs are just bum hunters.
    also if you guys wanna argue about whether or not bikes is qualified to teach some busto fucking 5nl sloth how to get better at poker do it somewhere else or im going to fucking ban all of you cunts
    Ah. The old my laptop is broke Line..

(please dont Ban me. mine is broke too. ^ this is a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic123 View Post
    Ah. The old my laptop is broke Line..

(please dont Ban me. mine is broke too. ^ this is a joke)
    Bikes.... you know what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    also if you guys wanna argue about whether or not bikes is qualified to teach some busto fucking 5nl sloth how to get better at poker do it somewhere else or im going to fucking ban all of you cunts
    PREACH
    [11:11] <+bikes> bitches love your face
    Holy fuck, enough with the derailing people. Bikes is an awesome player that ive sweated and have had sweat me multiple times. Ive never failed to learn something from these sessions. I am not good at poker, but im a winning player and better yhan your average busto fish. Bikes is worth much much more than he is charging. TAKE HIM UP ON IT, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
    Ive had the pleasure of playing at the same table as bikes. He actually stepped down to help for free.
    The few one liners that he parted with are etched on my brain.
    stuff like
    he 3 bets pre , which I flat. He then cbets giving me 5/1 odds and im WTF !
    a few days later .He patiently explains the logic.
    I still remember the hand , the flop the confusion.
    $15 an hour is like $7.50 for half an hour which is $3.75 for 15 minutes and if your smart enough to half that.... Well Its the cost of a turn cbet!
    I hope the drama comes from that banned guy's posts and not mine. I only asked for stats/graphs because I think it's a pretty reasonable expectation to be shown those from a guy that's offering their play style as a lesson. $15/h sounds like a great deal assuming bikes can show he's a reasonably winning player. I don't know him that well so I would rather see proof before I recommended him to my brother. If you look around online in the poker community you will find way too many stories of people blindly trusting people they shouldn't and losing money because of it.

Definitely not accusing bikes of being this guy, but at the same time I feel it best to be prudent about these kind of things, that's all.

Edit: You can pm me your stats/graphs as well. Just figured you might want to post it in the thread since I assumed others would like to see it also.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    [11:11] <+bikes> bitches love your face
    I'm very happy with the session I've just had with bikes, I can't thank him enough. Seriously, microstakes players like myself can learn huge amounts from this guy. I'll hopefully be back for more. Most definitely worth the money, this guy is a very good coach.

Just one question bikes... how long are you offering at this price for? I have much more to learn.

Thanks again.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm very happy with the session I've just had with bikes, I can't thank him enough. Seriously, microstakes players like myself can learn huge amounts from this guy. I'll hopefully be back for more. Most definitely worth the money, this guy is a very good coach.

Just one question bikes... how long are you offering at this price for? I have much more to learn.

Thanks again.
    what did you guys cover in the session?
    I played out a 200 hand session in my own time, sent him the HH, he analysed, and we discussed my many leaks over skype.

I was surprised just how badly I was playing pre flop.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I played out a 200 hand session in my own time, sent him the HH, he analysed, and we discussed my many leaks over skype.

I was surprised just how badly I was playing pre flop.
    that's a decent deal for $15. Might be time for me to flick bikes a pm
    I should point out this took 3 hours of bikes' time, but for sure I'm very happy with what I've got.
    ongies gonna ong
    So I'm 160 hands into my current session and my stacks is >$28 (10nl). I've completely taken on board what was said about my pre flop opening ranges, and I'm finding myself in much easier spots post flop. I've not even been running hot, I'm simply playing better, I have a plan and I'm putting villains in tough spots based on their range.

I can't recommend bikes enough.
    ongies gonna ong
    Had a 2 hour sweat session with bikes and I felt it was well worth the money. He was knowledgeable and informative on the subject and was able to identified leaks in my game. He explained alternate lines, bet sizing, timing and was patient enough to explain each one when I raised questions. There's also an additional benefit of running like god throughout the session. Will definitely want another session some time in the near future.
    Way overqualified for 15$/hr. That is all.
    Thanks for the positive testimonials guys =)

So I'm posting to say my rates are going up to $20/h on Feb 1st and will stay there for around 2 months at which point it may or may not change depending on how much I feel my coaching has improved. I'm getting better at remembering what I want to do and what students seem to want to learn and thus the rate is going up slightly, I say slightly when it's a 33% increase which really isn't slight I guess. However I think my coaching is well worth it and continues to get better lesson by lesson.

If you want to book hours before rates go up so you can keep this rate even into the future past Feb 1st please pm me.

?wut
    RATES ARE GOING UP BUT IF YOU BOOK NOW YOU GET TO KEEP THE LOW LO RATE OF $15/HR!!!!
    hahah this thread has made me realise what I missed when I dropped out of the scene....I should have stayed here anyway

Bikes, what are your times like? Given I'm in australia and work full time I'm not usually home till around 3 hours prior to this posting time, wondering if it would be worthwhile grabbing a few hours with you or not due to timezone issues.
    I'm awake about 6am to about 7pm sydney time if that helps

?wut
    I'm awake about 6am to about 7pm sydney time if that helps
    I was going to say that's a shame since I don't usually leave work till around 7 at the earliest but then I remembered those wonderful things called weekends

I'll lock in 2 hours now if you're able to do something on a weekend and try to get myself into some situations and find some good hands to go over that are indicative of where I currently (and previously) have had issues.
    Sure, just send me a pm. I'm available almost any time that I'm awake with some advanced warning.

?wut
    $20 is still stupidly low. $30 is still a great deal ffs.
    People have been asking me payment methods, at this point it's Stars, Lock, or Paypal.

Any other questions my pm box is always open.

?wut
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    most people with perfect looking ptr graphs are just bum hunters.
    I guess that makes you a bumhunter then?
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    I guess that makes you a bumhunter then?
    have you seen my graph? lol
    Bizump.

So yeah finally got to sit down with bikes for a 300ish hand live sweat. Very insightful and would recommend him to any BC monkeys who are trudging along the micros. After just an hour with him I've realized how much work my game needs and bikes explained everything very thoroughly. Hell if anything grab him for an hour and see how it goes, although you'd benefit greatly by booking a block imo. No offense to the guys at Grinder School (because you guys are great) but I learned more in one hour with bikes than I ever did watching videos. I'm sure that's probably because a live sweat is more personal, and it's me playing and not watching someone else play, but take it for what it is. Thanks bikes, looking forward to our next session.

Last edited by StarGrinder; 02-21-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    OK, this is interesting stuff.

Would a complete noob with literally only a few sessions to their name benefit - or would greater benefit come from a bit of experience first?
    Get this; a fish trying to learn how to use a fishing rod!

I hate answering these questions because they seem like I'm overselling myself and selling myself to begin with is something I don't do well at all.

Yes it would be extremely beneficial. So many players I've coached have horrible habits that I have to try to get them to correct and overcome and if you have a fresh mind so to speak with little to no understanding then you won't develop a lot of crappy habits that cost you money and take time to overcome. I've coached one person who had little to no understanding as a favor to another poker friend. The person in question made pretty solid strides but in the end lacked the dedication and unfortunately poker requires a decent amount of dedication if you want to achieve anything worth while.

So basically to answer your question, yes it's worth it if you are going to be dedicated and work hard, on the flip side if you don't have a bunch of time to dedicate or lack drive then it's probably better to wait awhile.

Hope that helps.

?wut
    if you are lucky enough to get good coaching at a reasonable price early in your poker career then take it.
    one on one coaching can be waaaaay more beneficial than just watching videos or reading articles, as you may have massive leaks that the video or articles don't happen to cover, leaving you with these gaping holes in your game. A coach analysing your every move can really help you polish your game.
    Learning from the start with a coach for 20 dollar an hour sounds fucking awesome. I spent at least 2 years and a few hundred bucks before I had a game that could beat 5nl. What a fucking waste of time! If bikes is willing to coach you as an abso noob, take it! Money well invested. You'll be better than most of us that post here in the BC in no time.
    OK, OK, already!

I have now asked myself two questions:

1 - can I afford it? A = yes.

2 - do I want it? A = yes.

pm in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by binky bee View Post
    OK, OK, already!

I have now asked myself two questions:

1 - can I afford it? A = yes.

2 - do I want it? A = yes.

pm in the post.
    Whoa back up the truck. Back it up, beep, beep, beep. Before you take real steps in getting better, you must first insult at least 10 posters in the BC, get your rep down, pretend (or actually believe) you're better than you actually are, and last but not least you must start and fail at least 3 operations in the blog forum.
    Last edited by StarGrinder; 02-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGrinder View Post
    Hold the phone. Before you take real steps in getting better, you must first insult at least 10 posters in the BC, get your rep down, pretend (or actually believe) you're better than you actually are, and last but not least you must start and fail at least 3 operations in the blog forum.
    Thanks Star.

Let me see....

have not insulted anyone... in the BC or otherwise. Really? Must I?!
    I do believe that I am better then anyone on the planet who has ever existed. Is that enough?
    Operations of the blog forum. Don't even know what means. That must ne worth three fails, surely?