Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumWerewolf Village

DOJ Werewolf

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default DOJ Werewolf

Bikes, a super duper asian grinder, is 5 thousand tabling stars for a usual 28 hour session. He's got his red bull loaded, his techno beats pumping, and is chatting with his fellas on IRC.

Suddenly a message pops up. "We regret to inform you that you are playing online poker illegally in the USA. Your accounts have been frozen."

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo," bikes screamed. "How did this happen?"

"We've been monitoring your activities for sometime now, Mr. Bikes. We have federal prosecutors hidden among your player pool and we're freezing your accounts one by one. Give us your monies, nom nom nom."

"You'll hear from my lawyer," Bikes exclaimed.

"It's too late for you, Mr. Bikes. The manies are all ours!"

Bikes immediately loaded FTR and posted a very important, super serial message. It read:

Fellow poker players,

There are feds amongst us! They're looking to freeze our accounts and take our hard grinded manies! We must find these feds before they find us! I've hired a team of excellent lawyers and they can help us expose the feds and save our accounts. If you think you know a fed, you must vote to lawyer that person and our legal team will get on the case and expose that person for who they truly are. I must warn you, fellow poker players, if they are in fact an innocent player, they will be revealed to the Feds and their accounts will be frozen...so vote carefully! Lee Jones is also working to protect our players and will be investigating accounts looking for the hidden feds on a nightly basis. Well known and respected Our primary defense attorney will be able to protect one account a night! Tom Dwan has secret sources and will Tweet suspected feds on his twitter account from time to time!

Rest assured players, we will protect our accounts!

Love,
    Bikes

But who could the secret feds be, Bikes wondered. I've been chatting with these guys on the forums and IRC for years. They all seem like brothers, especially that sexy bigred guy. What was everyone doing when my accounts were frozen?

Roid_rage and Willbur were having an IRC argument over whether or not the unooficial politics thread should be the official politics thread. Roid Rage argued is should be because there are a lot of good discussions in there. Willburforce argued, "For the last time, I'm British. I don't even know what politics means! God save the Queen!"

Wufwugy was busy writing a 30 page response on Obama's birth certificate.

Rilla and Gator were participating in the gauntlet tournament. Rilla got second place!!!! Gator got first...because they were the only two who signed up.

Boog was posting stupid shit on FTR that no one cared about and was probably asking to get banned.

DanAronG, DroptheBanana, and HoopyDude were having a 5NL grind sweat session. They were having an argument whether or not they should fold their flush on the paired board. They eventually folded typing "folding the flush, nh." The opponenet showed a pair of Aces and typed, "LOL NOOBS it's 5 NL."

BennyLaRue was posting semi witty/humorous responses to anything and everything. He thought, "One day I'll be as respected and liked as Bigred. Ooh, better create some more fake accounts and vote for me on the who's funnier Bigred or Benny poll. Bigred is pulling away again!"

Flomo was extremely drunk and posting nonsensical gibberish about this wine tasting he conducted earlier that day. He didn't invite anyone cool...like Bigred.

OngBonga was grinding some 50nl and responding to posts stating that he was not racist...he just hates black people.

Jackvance and Carroters were having a discussion about the proper poker strategy to beat $2 SNGs. They had spent weeks arguing over the strategy instead of playing for a total profit of $0.

TLR was busy modding the Every Which Poker forum. WTF is wombat poker? he thought.

Wait, thought Bikes, who the fuck is labourhater? On a totally random note, I don't miss Dwarfman at all, he thought.

Fulsky and Philly were chatting in the Beginner's Forum. "What's pot odds again?" Fulksy asked. "It's when I call and hit my flush on the river you idiot," Philly typed in caps lock. Caps lock is a good way to get your point across.

StillDeadMoney was busy arguing in the old werewolf thread that he wasn't the worst player. His arguments fell on deaf ears. Everyone knows he's terrible.

The rules are simple: It’s Classic Werewolf. Lawyer is the new lynch.
    Lee Jones (seer) gets 1 lookup every night.
    The Defense Attorney (Angel) gets 1 account protect every night.
    Tom Dwan (Vigilante) gets one Tweet (bullet) every even night starting night 2. Tom is a prominent poker player and has many followers on the interwebs. He can tweet that he's found a Fed Prosecutor hidden among the players and the masses will rush the Fed and kill him. He may stockpile his Tweets at his leisure. He may Tweet as many as he has on any given night.

The Feds get 1 account freeze per night

19 players with manies in their accounts:

Jackvance
    OngBonga
    StillDeadMoney
    a500lbgorilla
    HoopyDude
    Philly and the Phanatics
    Flomo
    Carroters
    Roid_Rage
    Boog690
    GatorJH
    DanAronG
    DropTheBanana
    Wufwugy
    BennyLaRue
    TLR
    Willburforce
    LabourHater
    Fulksy

12 Players
    Lee Jones
    Defense Attorney
    Tom Dwan

4 Feds

It's day 1! 10 votes for lawyering or majority holder at the end of 72 hours!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Woo 1st!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Great intro. Loving the techno beats. Right, who's black? Damn internet, I can't see your faces. 'rilla is a monkey, right? Close enough, he's top of my list.
    ongies gonna ong
    Laywer JKDS
    Wait, JKDS is broke?!?!

I will probably go for LabourHater unless someone will come up with a reason not to

Nice work BR
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    Nice work BR
    +1

oh hai

I've got this new strategy where I never fold any hand and just click buttons until I win the monies , 5kNL here I come!
    I knew you were obsessed with that poll! Look how long my section is. It's as long as...well, it's long.
    You can tell it's a work of fiction when Gator is beating me HU.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    You can tell it's a work of fiction when rilla is playing pokah.
    fyp
    Strong gut feeling that we should lynch Benny
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Strong gut feeling that we should lynch Benny
    I take it back. You're well loved!
    Oh shit I'm the seer again and Carroters is a wolf again

omgomgomgomg

Gator's a wolf too ldo
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    I bolded a fake vote and want to be modkilled on day 1!
    FYP
    LOL OPERATIONS
    We all know what the right decision is here guys

Sorry SDM but....

YouTube - marshall - I talked to the guys... boom! lawyered! (4x10)

Lawyer StillDeadMoney
    JKDS seems like solid choice.
    lol just read intro, fatred hit that out the park. litarlold at sdm. dont think i will ever be able to bold him again, brings way too much funny
    Honestly the best intro I've ever read. WTG Bigred.

I can easily go for an OngBonga lynch.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    great story big red, time to lead the PPA to victory
    Hang on a minute, didn't someone say BooG was Persian? I hate them more than hairy primates. Kidding. I won't lynch you because you're Persian, that would be racist. Are you gay? I could lynch you for that. Kidding, that would be homophobic. But I could lynch you for no reason at all, that wouldn't be prejudiced in the slightest.

Actually TLR and DTB are top of my radar on crapshoot day, they've come in and immediately suggested the easy targets, no ice breakers. I know that's not much of a reason, but it's as good as it gets at the moment.
    ongies gonna ong
    Ok I take it back about DTB, I forgot SDM was threatening to lolcat through this game.

I consider that suicide. I can get behind a wagon for him.
    ongies gonna ong
    hey urrboday
    No one really seems a detriment to the team save for maybe SDM. But eh, his soul reads like a children's book to me.

Don't really feel like lynching the noob either.
    Quote Originally Posted by StillDeadMoney View Post
    First time for Modprotect?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    First off, loved the intro!
    Actually made me lol and i don't say that often. But as i am the mysterious noob i guess i better start defending myself now. So far i'd have to agree with Ongbonga that TLR is definitely suspect as he's come straight out swinging for me, I'm not sure why the noob becomes an instant suspect but all i can say is that i aint no sticking federale!
    LabourHater... Hi. It's normal for the noob to be targetted, I was new last game and was only saved by the seer outing himself on day 1 and revealing a wolf. There's nothing overly suspect about you being targetted, aside from the fact TLR came steaming in without a "hi village" or anything like that, it was just staright in with "let's lynch the noob" that has me curious.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Hang on a minute, didn't someone say BooG was Persian? I hate them more than hairy primates. Kidding. I won't lynch you because you're Persian, that would be racist. Are you gay? I could lynch you for that. Kidding, that would be homophobic. But I could lynch you for no reason at all, that wouldn't be prejudiced in the slightest.
    Is it weird that I felt guilty for laughing at something you wrote? I can't find my arch-nemesis funny. That's just wrong.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    Is it weird that I felt guilty for laughing at something you wrote? I can't find my arch-nemesis funny. That's just wrong.
    Nah, it's not wrong, I'm happy to concede that you make me laugh, sometimes even when you're insulting me. We can still be enemies.
    ongies gonna ong
    You can tell it's a work of fiction when Gator is beating me HU.
    They call that pwnage where I come from.

Awesome writeup Bigred.
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    I find all of these early lynch targets (But not votes) interesting and onga, in particular seems to be overly active for this early in the game. Excited lawyer?
    pretty obvious by the way ongbong is lolposting a lot and lol flipping around between lynching sdm and not that he is a wolf lol.....i seriously hope he isnt because that would be the most lollerblades day 1 ever. but idk blahblahblahl hurry up day 2 etc
    lol just noticed gator said the same thing before me....the day i get beat by a jean short wearing gator ....avoansdlvgfasdmlkcvm
    Lawyer Philly

Hurry up day 2
    is it fair to - rep people for voting for you
    Lolcats will not save you.

TLR came steaming in without a "hi village" or anything like that, it was just staright in with "let's lynch the noob" that has me curious.
    Standard TLR there.

Not really sure who to go for yet, through that Gator guy makes me paranoid.
    Ongbonga has been a bit weird ever since the racist thread, I think the intense conversation gave him feelings of self worth so now he's posting a lot more. Also, look at the field. Hard to pick a group of 4 without a capable player in it who would have scolded ongbong and reined him in.

Now wuf on the other hand, his posts seem rather unwuflike (it's totally a word!), and also he kinda puts an arm around SDM, why would anyone ever do that?

So add in the lolcats and history and I think lynching SDM is our best shot.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Hai Gais.

I'd like to lynch Ong or SDM as the two biggest liabilities to the village, but agree with philly that ong's flipping seems like the mark of someone who's probably not a wolf so far.

Something totally does seem weird about Wuf's posts so far, first time excited wolf, spazzing a little early on? I'll keep that in mind.

Idk who labour hater is for sure, but if he's who i suspect he is then, lawyer labour hater. If he's just a random then w/e I guess, no harm done.

Also wtf at Keith not playing a WW; guess I'll have to hate on BooG instead since he's always a damn wolf.
    Nice write up BR.

I can't be bothered to look through previous WW to prove my theory, but I recon that a wolf is garenteed to be among the first 8 posters....

I say lynch HoopyDude
    Normski
    wow thats a real doozy of a theory there willbur
    Quote Originally Posted by philly and the phanatics View Post
    wow thats a real doozy of a theory there willbur
    yeah, not sure I thought it through. But its better than a random lynch...
    Normski
    soz for double post.

quick glance at last WW - 2 wolves in first 8 posters. Amirite?
    Normski
    I don't think OB's excitement is necessarily damning since he's been active in another thread in the commune and that activity probably wouldn't stay just there.

I think it would be best to lynch based on who we don't want to be alive in the end game. Remember Gator was able to slide right through the last living villagers when it was obvious to everyone dead who needed killing.

Lawyer philly
    Lol amazing intro and theme.
    Lawyer philly
    Three times in a row, nah I don't believe in such statistical anomalies. (yeah I know..)
    Remember Gator was able to slide right through the last living villagers when it was obvious to everyone dead who needed killing.
    And that was why they died.

I think those who are pushing for the noob to die on day 1 are either lawyers or lazy villagers as it has been proven that noob players make bad wolves and it is therefore beneficial to keep them around for a day or two so we can catch them in a slipup (if they are wolves).
    Jeez guys, I just like playing this game.

Ok there's something suspect about philly saying the same as gator like an hour after him. Why wouldn't he notice that post? Gator and philly trying to wagon me off? Top two suspects now. If they're both wolves, why would they try and wagon me off? Maybe because I'm already on TLR's back? And then we have Dan and Carrots also quick onto me. I don't think Dan's post is odd, I always have feelings of self worth, I'm the greatest person in the world as far as I'm concerned. And carrots? I'm a liability? Jesus, it's my second game, and last game I nailed a wolf. Give me a chance.

So far, I'm liking TLR as my day 1 lynch, and if he's a wolf then we've got some serious suspects in those who want me gone quickly.
    ongies gonna ong
    WHERE IS KEITH TO MAKE SENSE OF ALL THIS?!?
    Error in last post... fucking editing rules! I said I don't think dan's post is odd... where did "don't" come from?

I do think dan's post is odd.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    soz for double post.

quick glance at last WW - 2 wolves in first 8 posters. Amirite?

This got me thinking so I did some checking and found the following:

Yes there were 2 wolves among the first 8 (out of 24 players), but there was also the seer and vig among that group

In the game before that (21 players) there was 1 wolf plus the seer and vig among the first 7 and in the game before that (31 players) there was one wolf plus the angel and seer among the first 10 posters.

So using your theory we have an equal to or greater than chance at lynching a special role as we do at lynching a wolf if we target that group.
    Why would gator put the specials at risk by pointing that out?
    ongies gonna ong
    Why would gator put the specials at risk by pointing that out?
    Well if he was a wolf he would use it not say it.
    JV, that might be true, but then it's gator.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJH View Post
    I think those who are pushing for the noob to die on day 1 are either lawyers or lazy villagers as it has been proven that noob players make bad wolves and it is therefore beneficial to keep them around for a day or two so we can catch them in a slipup (if they are wolves).
    That's one theory. Another "proven" theory is that noob villagers don't contribute a hell of a lot and noob wolves will be coached heavily.

I'm open at this point though. Opening moves don't matter much. I just really wanted to use my meme guy since I spent at least 20 seconds putting it together.
    Error in last post... fucking editing rules! I said I don't think dan's post is odd... where did "don't" come from?

I do think dan's post is odd.
    I just noticed the cat in SDM's first post is holding six cards. Cheating itt.

Seriously though, posting nothing but lolcats is only going to make everyone think you're trying your hardest not to give off any reads, which, in turn, will make people think you're a wolf. And it'll annoy me, guaranteeing at least one vote for you. I don't ever see you post in other threads, it's like you're only a member of this site for WW games, so why wouldn't you make the effort when it finally comes around? Surely you don't want to die on day 1? Gives us reads or die.
    ongies gonna ong
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Jeez guys, I just like playing this game.

Ok there's something suspect about philly saying the same as gator like an hour after him. Why wouldn't he notice that post? Gator and philly trying to wagon me off? Top two suspects now. If they're both wolves, why would they try and wagon me off? Maybe because I'm already on TLR's back? And then we have Dan and Carrots also quick onto me. I don't think Dan's post is odd, I always have feelings of self worth, I'm the greatest person in the world as far as I'm concerned. And carrots? I'm a liability? Jesus, it's my second game, and last game I nailed a wolf. Give me a chance.

So far, I'm liking TLR as my day 1 lynch, and if he's a wolf then we've got some serious suspects in those who want me gone quickly.
    Every game there seems to be a player who is sure he has it all figured out on day 1, this time it seems to be OngBonga

Day 1 is almost always a crapshoot unless someone screwed up (even if we get a wolf it is almost always by luck and not thru logical analysis)

So far I think SDM and Wuf are a bit out of character so I would not be opposed to lynching one of them

SDM at least announced he would be playing out of character long before this game even began so to me its non-information.

lawyer OngBonga
    I'm open to a handful of people today. There's really no good choice to be made today and I think we should try to miss the best. As missing is what we'll likely be doing.

SDM cut it out. Bigred owns lolcats in game, he owns it.
    Well I'm happy to lynch TLR now for sure. It's almost like he's trying to say before he dies that I got lucky, that it wasn't logic. Reminds me of Roid last game telling Keith he got lucky with Carrots.

llawyer TLR
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm open to a handful of people today. There's really no good choice to be made today and I think we should try to miss the best. As missing is what we'll likely be doing.

SDM cut it out. Bigred owns lolcats in game, he owns it.
    This contradicts what he said about getting rid of those we don't want in endgame, as he reminds us that gator slipped through last game and he then bolds philly. Mighty suspicious. I don't really want to see 'rilla gone on day 1 again, that would be a harsh fate for someone who puts a lot of effort into modding, but I can't ignore this contradiction.
    ongies gonna ong
    Well I'm happy to lynch TLR now for sure. It's almost like he's trying to say before he dies that I got lucky, that it wasn't logic. Reminds me of Roid last game telling Keith he got lucky with Carrots.

llawyer TLR
    Uhh...Keith did get lucky with me. He shouted a bunch of incoherent arguments at me, claimed I'd made non existant contradictions, then I got looked up by the seer

I think I was close to getting some pretty decent cover before Wuf randomly decided he'd pwn my soul.

OngBonga, I see nothing at all coherent or promising in any of your arguments so far. Not that I think you're a wolf, I don't. Just think you maybe need to slow down and think things through a bit more. On the plus side, I guess your flopping about will generate some information for us for later on, even if it's just meh day one info. I'm usually mega suspicious of TLR, but I really don't think your line holds any weight vs him.

Seriously, let's lynch that labourhater guy.

Also really just want to get rid of SDM if he's going to post only lolcats and essentially refuse to participate. He's either a coasting wolf or a worthless villager. FWIW I think if he is a wolf this is exactly what he'd do having promised to before the game opened. Down with lynching either him or labourhater atm.
    This contradicts what he said about getting rid of those we don't want in endgame, as he reminds us that gator slipped through last game and he then bolds philly. Mighty suspicious. I don't really want to see 'rilla gone on day 1 again, that would be a harsh fate for someone who puts a lot of effort into modding, but I can't ignore this contradiction.
    "Miss the best" is precisely the same as saying getting rid of those we don't want in the end game.

I want to miss as best we can. If we're going to hit a villager, hit one we don't want holding the flag in the end game.
    Keith did get lucky, I'm not denying that, but Roid coming in going "you got lucky blah blah" was a mistake. Why would he say that as a villager? It was obvious that you dying on day 1 coupled with Keith's random arguing with you tilted the hell out of Roid.

I'm just trying to get people talking. I'm not against a LabourHater lynch if he's going to make one post and then disappear, we need more from him so we know if he's useful or not. SDM is annoying me, but I'd rather lynch based on info. I realise that there's not a great deal of info right now, but TLR looks suspect to me. Maybe it's because I don't know his strategy.

Also, you might notice that last game I did the same thing, I came in and started pointing fingers from the off. That's my strategy, if there's even a tiny chance that it provides us with info later, then I don't see why it's a problem.
    ongies gonna ong
    Ok 'rilla. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    I can't be bothered to look through previous WW to prove my theory, but I recon that a wolf is garenteed to be among the first 8 posters....
    Post #40 is always a wolf trying to provide some "reasoning" for a lynch, I don't even need evidence for my theory since it's that good.

lawyer Willbur
    lol i noticed your posts and scrolled down and made my post without reading the rest, after i posted i noticed gators....im sure thats happened like 2304823089 times....

and rilla i am flattered you dont want me around for endgame if im a wolf ,

but yea i agree with gator/ and wufs strategy from last game making the wolves have to kill n00bs instead of players that they want to kill is +ev
    lol wow didnt even know there was a page 2 so i guess it does happen all the time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAronG View Post
    Now wuf on the other hand, his posts seem rather unwuflike (it's totally a word!),

and also he kinda puts an arm around SDM, why would anyone ever do that?

For the lulz homey, for the lulz.
    So fucking epic Wuf!
    <3 From Paris, With Love
    No poast from Fulksy yet?
    haven't read through much yet, great intro BR.