Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Leak Finder NL 2 Zoom 2015

Default Leak Finder NL 2 Zoom 2015

Hey Guys!

I'm really trying to improve over the last few weeks but results keep getting worse and I'm not sure what to concentrate my learning on.

I'll provide you some Pre- and Postflop stat in addition to my overall graph and I'd really appreciate things you can see which I should focus on.

Overall:

Overall with non-showdown

Preflop and Steal:

Postflop:

Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by ErnieohneBert; 09-30-2015 at 06:33 AM.
    I only have a few minutes before I have to get into some work, but I'll go through and point out anything that looks odd to me:

• The first thing that stands out to me is that you're 23/20 with a 46 percent attempt to steal and a 7.6 percent 3-bet. This is a bit looser than what I normally see in winning players at microstakes in today's games, and a part of that is the relatively high rate that makes a lot of these marginal hands unprofitable on average.
    • You cold call much more (more than 3x as much) in the big blind than the button, which probably isn't optimal.
    • You're much more aggressive with 3-bets in the blinds than we see from most 2nl players, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel it's worth pointing out. You might want to check your profitability of doing so with filters just to check out what's going on there.
    • You're open raising 60 percent from the button and 66 percent from the small blind. These numbers are a bit on the high side. Again, I'd look at some filters and see how you're doing with the bottom 20 percent or so of hands you're opening there.

Overall, I think if you tighten up around the edges a bit that it will help quite a bit. From here, I'd say to go to the Small Stakes NL Hold'em forum and post some hands.
    why are you playing zoom ? or for that matter why are you playing on stars, there are much softer sites out there , and softer tables on stars than zoom tables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    why are you playing zoom ? or for that matter why are you playing on stars, there are much softer sites out there , and softer tables on stars than zoom tables.
    ^ yeah this. I'm a winning cash game player at 0.20 30bb cap at SkyPoker, but I can't win at 0.05 zoom at stars. Pokerstars attracts people who are interested in poker. SkyPoker attracts people who are interesting in gambling. Moving away from stars is the best thing I ever did in poker.

I would recommend looking into sites where the main focus is sports betting.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    expanding on spoon's points , btn and SB high steal numbers , and combined with high call in the button imply that you have some pretty weak hands and you end up having to fold giving you a low went to showdown figure .
    Stats look okay on face value, so you are probably losing some big pots with relatively weak hands. Some of your stats suggest that might be the case too against your typical 2nl zoom reg e.g.
    - Cbet calling turn raises
    - Cbet calling river raises
    - calling down 3 streets

Post a couple of examples of each in the small stakes forum and we can see if you're making mistakes or just getting coolered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    expanding on spoon's points , btn and SB high steal numbers , and combined with high call in the button imply that you have some pretty weak hands and you end up having to fold giving you a low went to showdown figure .
    thx for your advise!

Steal numbers are indeed high but I only steal against people which fold to steal 70% plus which should make autoprofit with most if not all hands.
    But I'm probably end up playing hands not optimal IF I get called because my range is so behind vs. these tight OPP.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    ^ yeah this. I'm a winning cash game player at 0.20 30bb cap at SkyPoker, but I can't win at 0.05 zoom at stars. Pokerstars attracts people who are interested in poker. SkyPoker attracts people who are interesting in gambling. Moving away from stars is the best thing I ever did in poker.

I would recommend looking into sites where the main focus is sports betting.
    Good point man! Thx.

I play at stars because I really like the site and I'm interested in becoming a good poker player at first, winrate doesn't interest me as long as I'm improving.
    Money won't matter until higher stakes anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Stats look okay on face value, so you are probably losing some big pots with relatively weak hands. Some of your stats suggest that might be the case too against your typical 2nl zoom reg e.g.
    - Cbet calling turn raises
    - Cbet calling river raises
    - calling down 3 streets

Post a couple of examples of each in the small stakes forum and we can see if you're making mistakes or just getting coolered.
    thx 4 advise, really appreciate it.

Youre absolutely right. I end up loosing way to many big pots with the second best hand like worse flushes, sets, streets and even TP's.

I have a hard time deciding whether to call or not in big pots.

Will post some examples of that later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieohneBert View Post
    Good point man! Thx.

I play at stars because I really like the site and I'm interested in becoming a good poker player at first, winrate doesn't interest me as long as I'm improving.
    Money won't matter until higher stakes anyway.
    I back this mentality.
    Steal numbers are indeed high but I only steal against people which fold to steal 70% plus which should make autoprofit with most if not all hands.
    The problem with this mentality is all of the money you're losing when they don't fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    The problem with this mentality is all of the money you're losing when they don't fold.
    ^^^^^

From personal experience, I know it's much more difficult playing a mega-weak range when stealing. If you steal less, your range is stronger, you have more equity post, and it's tons easier to find value. You simplify the game. You learn more about the essentials.
    Winrate doesn't interest me as long as I'm improving. Money won't matter until higher stakes anyway.
    Good goal.

However, winning is fun. Moving up is fun. Withdrawing (and spending!!) money won at the tables is fun. Buying poker books, poker software and better computer tools with your winnings is fun.

Learning while winning is fun.

Losing isn't fun. Tilting isn't fun. Learning not to tilt when losing isn't fun. Paying money to reload isn't fun. Knowing you're a losing player isn't fun. Poker is a thinking game, so losing makes me feel dumb. Feeling dumb isn't fun.

Go have some fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Yeah I was only thinking about the steal success rate but not what happens with my range once I get called. Thx!