Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Christmas Lists

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Christmas Lists

I'm a pretty lucky guy and I don't need a lot of things. I'm trying to come up with a Christmas list for friends and relatives and besides an Arsenal 2012/2013 Away Kit, Halo 4, and COD Black Ops II I can't think of much more. I try to avoid clothing besides asking for gift cards.

What's on others' lists?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Also, those gifts are pretty expensive so I need to find some other things as well on the cheaper side.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    You
    Football boots, new clothes (need a bunch of stuff) so like vouchers/money rather than actual clothes like you said apart from a couple of relatives who have good taste, books, socks (lol, honestly)

Have the same problem as you really tho, hard to think of stuff in that price range which I need which I haven't already bought
    oh gee I wonder why you don't need to ask for clothing as a gift
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    oh gee I wonder why you don't need to ask for clothing as a gift
    Got this fancy gray shirt
    LOL OPERATIONS
    For those closest to me, not a damn thing. I couldn't suffer another gift from them.

To anyone else looking to find me something, I don't care. But I'll give you a nice list:

Good alcohol.

Good coffee.

Good cash.

Any book. Any book at all. If you've found reason enough to pay for it, I'll find reason enough to read it. Nonfiction, though.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    self-discipline
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    self-discipline
    The greatest gift of all...a short Wufwugy post! HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WANTED?!?!?!
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    The greatest gift of all...a short Wufwugy post! HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WANTED?!?!?!
    So, it's Christmas morning, and there's your gift. When you open it, you see...?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I asked for expensive candy. You know, the kind that you walk by in the store and scoff at going "tsk tsk tsk, that is way too expensive. Lol, im not buying that". Because deep down, I really do want that candy. I just cant justify spending more than $10 on a single piece of junk food.

Ex: Chocolate covered strawberries, truffles, and those holiday popcorn tins that are more overpriced than movie theater popcorn.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    I asked for expensive candy. You know, the kind that you walk by in the store and scoff at going "tsk tsk tsk, that is way too expensive. Lol, im not buying that". Because deep down, I really do want that candy. I just cant justify spending more than $10 on a single piece of junk food.

Ex: Chocolate covered strawberries, truffles, and those holiday popcorn tins that are more overpriced than movie theater popcorn.

I too want candy.

This thread has a valid second direction, what are we buying for those we care about?
    Expensive Candy. CANDY = JOY
    If you want to go down the novelty route, firebox.com has all sorts of crap. Examples:

$56: Giant Gummi Bear - buy at Firebox.com

$8: Maybe You Touched Your Genitals Hand Sanitizer - buy at Firebox.com

$192,480: Replica Batmobile - buy at Firebox.com

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Interesting, quality food or booze please Mr Santa.
    Normski
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    This thread has a valid second direction, what are we buying for those we care about?
    goats and chickens for africa from oxfam!
    My local Oxfam doesn't sell chicken or goats, besides that, shipping goats and chickens to Africa from a small shop in Teddington seems a tad pointless. But heh, tis Xmas, why the fuck not!!!
    Normski
    my other ideas involve shipping tack with welsh flags on it to new zealand, so
    I don't know what you mean by "tack", so I can't comment on whether this is a good idea or not.

I do however know what Welsh flags are and I wouldn't recommend sticking them on many things (though again until I know what a tack is I can't pass comment).
    Normski
    stuff that's tacky. dunno what word you guys use over here, maybe like kitsch or something?

I mean cheap and shitty souvenirs, I guess, if we're being specific.
    'tacky' is still used in speech in the UK, 'tack' less so.

I understood you though
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Tat is the word for it.

Would defo be more tacky with Welsh flags on it.
    Normski
    Could be worse, they could be English flags
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    Tat is the word for it.

Would defo be more tacky with Welsh flags on it.
    Nou

Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    I think premium foods are always good gifts to receive. Ask for a plethora of different mustards or hot sauces, or something. I don't like sweets, but like others said, a small amount of very expensive chocolate can be a great gift for the right person.

I also prefer to use Christmas to upgrade some part of my kitchen items. A new ballin' ass suacepan, a better knife of some sort, etc. These often get expensive as well, but less than your other gifts.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    http://imageshack.us/scaled/avatar96...fvo1qmisv2.gif
    Last edited by WillburForce; 12-10-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Normski
    coffee/tea mugs.
    The huge variety of styles and designs makes it likely that you can find something that has meaning to the 2 of you, and it's something they'll use regularly.

Candles / candle holders
    Unless they're hugely anti-candle, most people will appreciate this gift.

Excellent bath towels
    Really nice bath towels are a piece of heaven at just the right moment.

Pillows
    Everybody wants a nicer pillow, and you'll probably buy them one that's nicer than they'd shell out for themselves. <- Always a good trait in a gift.

Tools
    Guys love tools, and there's always a new something.
    Santa could be bring me an easy lesson on how to upload to FTR.
    Normski
    Original image is on your PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    Santa could be bring me an easy lesson on how to upload to FTR.
    noob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    4. How do I post images?

1. Take a print screen (Print Screen button for the whole screen, Alt and Print Screen button for just the current window)
    2. Open Microsoft Paint
    3. Press Ctrl and V to paste the screenshot
    4. Optional: resize the image. Easy in Windows 7 - just click resize and choose "Pixels". 700-800 pixels is a good width.
    5. Save the picture
    6. Go to imgur: the simple image sharer , click Computer then select the picture and click Start upload
    7. Copy the "BBCode" text on the right of the image
    8. Paste this text into your post
    Christmas is the season of bar upgrades.

If you keep a decent bar, maybe a whiskey decanter? I bought one from Williams-Sonoma for my dad last week and am thinking about adding one or two to my own bar. You can get some decent pieces at some reasonable prices. (Read: Under $100)

Since you're a fan of wines maybe some wine bar accessories? Preserver, Chiller/Warmer, Fridge, Rack, etc. Not sure what a good wine bar entails since I rarely if ever drink it.

My go to, when I can't think of anything else, is always a new watch. You can never have too many good time pieces. My personal preference when asking for Christmas/Birthday is always Citizen, they make a hell of an affordable product.

I generally try to squeeze a new driver out of someone and some tailgating gear.
    I like balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    noob!
    Thanks - Jokes gone now though. I'll save it for next Xmas.
    Normski
    Personalised mugs. This is my favourite trick when I can afford to buy gifts for friends... find amusing images, email them to mug maker, pay, get mugs.

This Christmas can fuck right off though. My Nephew and Neice can have cheap toys, the rest of my family can have the pleasure of my company. Actually I might go to poundland and buy everyone who'll be at dinner a random piece of tat. But that's my lot.

I want for Christmas... lots of turkey, little sausages wrapped in bacon, apple crumble and custard, mince pies, cider, champagne, and a warm house without me having to pay. Also some weed.
    ongies gonna ong
    Always buy me alcohol. I will share it with you on the spot, we will finish it, and we both have someone to call for bail.
    Welsh people, is there anything like typically Welsh that springs to your mind that would might make a decent gift idea for people who I don't really care what I get them? Aside from those fucking love spoons.
    Fuck the spoons. Also, fuck welsh tartan - it only exists in souvenir shops.

Leeks, daffodils, sheep, red dragons, clogau gold, celtic crosses, rugby shirts, these are all very welsh things. Anything with a red dragon on it is insta-welsh (mug, lighter, tee shirt etc etc).
    Welsh people, is there anything like typically Welsh that springs to your mind that would might make a decent gift idea for people who I don't really care what I get them? Aside from those fucking love spoons.
    Lucothefish nailed it. Are you Welsh luco? Where from?
    Pembrokeshire, you?
    Swansea
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    [...]Actually I might go to poundland[...]

I'm guessing that's the equivalent of a "dollar store" here in the states.

I was hoping that's just what you called the local college's sorority houses, though. *sigh*
    I am actually hoping to recieve a nicer set of poker chips, but other than that I'm really not asking for too much. Just hoping to spend some time with family and friends!
    I hate choosing gifts, never had anyone bitch about a gift card, let them shop for themselves.
    i get the same thing, each year, socks, family too poor for anything else
    I need a new computer
    Instead of socks, you could ask for expensive candies.
    Maybe it's just cos I always got them for chirstmas growing up, but it tilts me hard having to hand over money for socks so I love it when I ship some from mum for christmas
    Inflatable sheep (with holes).
    Normski
    Council housing?

Welsh person checking in here btw. Repping Blaenau Ffestiniog. Before I moved to Leeds, that is.
    Some books, a new basketball and one of those huge toblerone bars.
    Hmmmm, lot of chocolate and candy requests....makes me wonder...

Stoning - YouTube
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Gift vouchers are the worst gifts you can give. Just give them money instead, it doesn't become worthless if the business goes under. I'd sooner receive £10 in cash than a £20 gift voucher.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Gift vouchers are the worst gifts you can give. Just give them money instead, it doesn't become worthless if the business goes under. I'd sooner receive £10 in cash than a £20 gift voucher.
    I will gladly trade you $10 for a $20 amazon gift card.
    LOL OPERATIONS
    bought some slate stuff with red dragons on. Welsh people must've discovered stone or something, cos there was a lot to choose from. Was not wearing my thinking cap about heavy stuff and international post.
    bought some slate stuff with red dragons on. Welsh people must've discovered stone or something, cos there was a lot to choose from. Was not wearing my thinking cap about heavy stuff and international post.
    Hilarious, I lol'd
    I will gladly trade you $10 for a $20 amazon gift card.
    You should have done it before my amazon gift card expired.
    Thieving amazonian bastards. Cash doesn't expire.
    I read they have rocks in both Zealand and New Zealand too. Is that true?
    We imported some to build mordor so yeah
    As for Zealand, no. Their jagged edges would interrupt the soul destroying perfect flatness of that country.
    What's a good Brandy? All I know is XO>VSOP>VS, but what's a good brandy to get for a scotch drinker?
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist View Post
    You should have done it before my amazon gift card expired.
    Thieving amazonian bastards. Cash doesn't expire.
    I thought the Feds made it illegal for gift cards to expire?
    Amazon have responded by producing gift cards made from a material with a very short halflife.
    Amazon have responded by producing gift cards made from a material with a very short halflife.
    The gift that keeps on giving, less and less each time - The Polonium card, from Amazon. Because you have to get them something.
    1. Pewter drinking vessel
    2. Bath-shaped soap dish
    3. Bird house
    4. Small wooden box lined with velvet
    5. Nest of douchebags
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherhound View Post
    1. Pewter drinking vessel
    2. Bath-shaped soap dish
    3. Bird house
    4. Small wooden box lined with velvet
    5. Nest of douchebags
    THINGS I'VE PUT MY PENIS INSIDE OF

by pantherhound
    i'm getting (or have got in some cases) a cry baby wah pedal and tickets to a couple of music festivals
    So this morning I suggested to my gf that rather than give the kids (1 & 3 yrs) a bunch of toys on Christmas day, we drip feed them the toys instead over a much longer period, say, I dunno, a year maybe. This way they'd always have age appropriate stuff, they wouldn't get bored with their toy selection and they'd appreciate more of the things we've bought them as their would be less of a relative value comparison. We could still give them the bigger presents on their birthdays and Christmas day, so those days would still feel special.

She looked at me like I'd just beaten Santa to death with the carcass of the Easter bunny and made the kids watch.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    We're talking about a time of year where an old fat guy breaks into every house on the planet and doesn't get 150 years for home invasion. Your logic is not required.
    why not send them to work in the coalmines you heartless bastard
    we drip fed the kids toys all year and now they still want a christmas pile.
    Ah, presents for no reason, the hallmark of regrettable parenting decisions. You gonna drip feed them forever? Try cutting off that drip fed supply, see what happens.
    The nurse gets really pissed
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist View Post
    we drip fed the kids toys all year and now they still want a christmas pile.
    Don't you follow economics? If they give you a stimulus drip of 20 bucks per paycheck, that shit evaporates without a second thought. But if they give you a big fat stimulus check, oh shit this is going to sure up emergency fund or pay down some debt.
    Here you can find nice gifts:

Regalos - Tienda de regalos originales QueLoVendan.com

Like this cup of coffee

or this pencil sharpener:

or this aprons: