Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

200bb+ deep, trips get raised on turn, best value line? 50NL

Default 200bb+ deep, trips get raised on turn, best value line? 50NL

Villain is a reg who usually plays higher. This is the first time I have seen him play 50NL and first time I am playing with him. Only a few orbits in so no real reads besides him being a little on the loose/agro side.

5 Handed
    Hero is UTG with

Hero raises to €1.50, UTG+1 folds, Villain calls €1.50, SB folds, BB folds

Flop €3.75

Hero bets €2.50, Villain calls €2.50

Turn €8.75

Her bets €5.50, Villain raises to €18, Villain has around €80 left and Hero has him covered

I'm not sure what his trying to rep besides a boat, which is unlikely. I'm never folding here. What I want to know is, what would be my best line here to get value?

3b small to induce? if so what should the 3b size be? would he really think he has any FE after a 3b here?

call then lead out small on river to induce?

call then check river to induce?
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Clan_Sup3rMaN View Post
    I'm not sure what his trying to rep besides a boat, which is unlikely.
    Seems like a reasonable line to take with 2 pair. He could also be playing a flush draw like this to get you off of a couple overs if he thinks you fire two barrels a lot.
    call turn call river, I don't see an argument for any other line really, unless you can make a strong argument for him having a 2.
    Agree with calling down. Vs bad aggros I like the call turn and lead river weak plan.

Agree w/ call turn, call river, I don't know if I'd have a raising range at all here on the turn.
    The only argument I can see for 3 betting the turn is if you want to have a 3b bluffing range which I don't even know if we need to have with these stack sizes on this board.