Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

follow up turn?

Default follow up turn?

villain was an aggro nit somehting like 15/13 and had been active postflop , sa him CR a couple of times but it smelled like fps , not repping much or either he was just overplaying his typical nithands.

On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($9.90)
    BB ($10)
    UTG ($10.94)
    MP ($14.32)
    CO ($20.31)
    Hero (Button) ($9.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 6
    UTG bets $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1) 7, 9, 3 (3 players)
    SB checks, UTG bets $0.60, Hero raises $2, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.40

Turn: ($5) K (2 players)
    UTG checks, hero?
    fold pre if you don't have more info than seems solid TAG, 15-13 isn't really that nit. What is your rationale for raising flop? nothing wrong with over-repping, but is that your intent?
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    fold pre if you don't have more info than seems solid TAG, 15-13 isn't really that nit. What is your rationale for raising flop? nothing wrong with over-repping, but is that your intent?
    well i had been a good boy and folding alot to this guy postflop when he got aggro and i felt this flop kind of smacked my BTN range. so yeah had my hopes put on overrepping sets/ flushdraws/combodraws
    Fire again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Fire again.
    jow Fnord. ur preferred sizing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    He's bluffing with 5 outs on the flop which is perfectly fine in this situation imo. Now fire again and TID a huge % of the time. Bet something big enough to have FE v all his now 2nd pair but small enough to make it look like there's a scary river bet inc. Actually it might be better to just get him to call turn like 100% to fold rivers or w/e. Makes us more money etc. and if we bink a 7 or 6 we can make some gay 1/3 pot size value bet.
    Last edited by Icanhastreebet; 03-01-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    i like raising a hell of a lot more than calling most certainly fire the turn

?wut
    spoiler : i bet 3 into 5 on turn and villain shoved. TO me that looked like flopped sets ( rather small part of his range imho) AA with a spade turned set of kings or AK with a spade. THink i've bet a bit too big. Probably 1/2 psb would have had the same result
    Oh well, you either ran into a hand or he figured out what you were up to.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLongGrind View Post
    spoiler : i bet 3 into 5 on turn and villain shoved. TO me that looked like flopped sets ( rather small part of his range imho) AA with a spade turned set of kings or AK with a spade. THink i've bet a bit too big. Probably 1/2 psb would have had the same result
    AQss/AJss are in his range. Not many sets. AsKx/AsAx/KK too. Firing turn folds out his TT-QQ, 88, Tx and even some of his AK.

just cos it's interesting: list the combos of hands that he has, what % of these fold on the turn? What % of the time do you win at showdown vs the hands he calls the turn with? -> you can figure out how often he needs to fold the turn = what your fold equity needs to be

nh sir.
    With 76s, you decided to try to outplay a tight player who opened UTG, and he smells like fps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjonius View Post
    With 76s, you decided to try to outplay a tight player who opened UTG, and he smells like fps?
    solid contribution bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Icanhastreebet View Post
    Actually it might be better to just get him to call turn like 100% to fold rivers or w/e.
    This thought process gives me a boner.

I'm folding pre like always. Why aren't you autorebuyfullstack?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This thought process gives me a boner.

I'm folding pre like always. Why aren't you autorebuyfullstack?
    Ongame crapsoftware. no autorebuy. Tilts me hard but for some reason the autoreload ahk script i found somewhere isn't working properly
    Fair enough. As you were...
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Fair enough. As you were...
    have a nice day Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLongGrind View Post
    have a nice day Lieutenant
    I did, thanks.
    ongies gonna ong