Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

$25 NL HE Full Ring: TT

Default $25 NL HE Full Ring: TT

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 17/16/1

Villain has 88% cbet. I never seen him c/r.
    I peel the flop cause his raise is so small and then he really confuses me on the turn.
    Just fold flop? Call shove?

BTN: $27.55
    SB: $25.85
    BB: $27.70
    UTG: $27.25
    Hero (UTG+1): $25.00
    UTG+2: $40.95
    MP1: $34.30
    MP2: $25.00
    CO: $20.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with T h T s

UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 7 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 9 c 8 s 9 d (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG raises to $4, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.85) 6 h (2 players)
    UTG bets $22.50 all in, Hero folds
    If villian has an 88% of cbet, I think this pot is one of those that villian cbets for bluff since its very dry and it doesn't hit your range. So when he checks I might check behind, but just because his cbet is of 88% and he is checking to us, and that seems strange, and thus, its likely that he has a bigger PP, and he also knows that we don't have AA or KK since we just flat called pre. I know that usually, the standard way to play here is to bet for protection because you wouldn't like to see any overcard to yours, but lets say he has 2 overcards, why the hell didn't he cbet that flop, if he cbets 88% of flops?

Once he makes that check raise on flop I think we should fold because it doesn't give you odds to catch a T on the turn and he will bet on the turn again most of the times, so I think the decition is on the flop. Your fold on the turn is perfect, its a pretty snap fold.
    But still, more information about the villian is necesary, like how much % does he c/r flops and vpip to range him preflop
    Last edited by matiusaa; 04-05-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    depending on a sample we could argue flop fold

TBH I don't mind as played if you have small sample size

damn those FR games are nitty
    This is a pretty normal line from Villain to get value out of smaller pairs, draws and other assorted bullshit. Consider the difference in play if he c-bets with his large pairs instead.