Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

[spoonitnow strategy] EV Calculations Tutorial 2: Basic Poker Scenarios

Exclamation [spoonitnow strategy] EV Calculations Tutorial 2: Basic Poker Scenarios

In last week’s article, we looked at the basic components of EV calculations. We made two very important points that we’re going to use this week:

The EV of an event is equal to the EVs of each possible outcome added together.
    The EV of an individual outcome is the chance it happens multiplied by the profit when it happens.

We also broke down how to find the EV of any event into a three-step process. If you aren’t familiar with that process, then go back and read last week’s article because that’s the process that we’re going to use to evaluate the expected values of some poker situations this week.
    Continue reading: http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-s...cenarios-20608

After you read that, come follow these easy instructions to come hang out with us in the FTR chat room and talk poker! We don't care if you're a total newbie or a veteran; we would love to have you either way.
    My poker goals for the coming year -

Read all of spoon's articles in his sig link.

Get better at poker.

I want to thank you spoon for taking the time to write an entire series of articles to help people you don't know and in some cases don't even like, while getting nothing in return. Just reading your first article tells me I have a long way to go. I've been stuck at the micros for a long time now, and it's because I lack motivation to properly study the game. Well I hope that's going to change over the coming months, and if it does, it will be all thanks to you. So cheers spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Ong, get in a good sleepign pattern add me on skype and we can talk hands if you like. Try and get a little study group going. Or just get everyone in FTR chat.
    Haha my sleeping pattern will never be good. I didn't go to bed last night because I'm sick of going to bed when it's getting light and getting up when it's getting dark. So I stayed up with the intention of grinding out the day and going to sleep at a reasonable time. And I fell asleep on the sofa in mid afternoon to fuck that right up, and here we are at 5am, and I'm thinking one more spliff then bed.

Besides, I'm dead serious when I say this - I play better poker through the night when I'm not distracted by housemates and guests. Nighttime is my time where I get peace and quiet.

I can't get skype running on this comp, but I definitely like the idea of a study group, if only so I have more motivation, and people to tell me where I'm being retarded. Might start getting involved in the IRC thing they have going on, that's probably a good place to talk poker during sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    bump