Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Sick pot!

So I'm not complaining about the results, just couldn't believe this hand and thought some of you might get a kick out of it. I know the pot seems small compared to the stakes you guys play, but considering this is a shortstacked 10PLO table, this was a nice pot that I could've had slide my way. We get some nice pots now and then, but usually it's two bigstacks with great hands, not 5 guys with all sorts of crap.

$0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
    PokerStars
    6 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
    Stacks:
    UTG ($20.23)
    UTG+1 ($6.78)
    CO ($10.34)
    Hero ($3.94)
    SB ($4.56)
    BB ($7.82)
    Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN
    UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, SB calls $0.40, BB says "great chase...LOL", BB calls $0.35, UTG calls $0.35
    Flop: ($2.25, 5 players)
    SB bets $2.14, BB calls $2.14, UTG calls $2.14, CO goes all-in $9.89, Hero goes all-in $3.49, SB goes all-in $1.97, BB goes all-in $5.23, UTG calls $7.75
    Turn: ($37, 5 players, 4 all-in)
    River: ($37, 5 players, 4 all-in)
    Final Pot: $37
    UTG shows a flush, Ace high

CO shows a flush, Queen high

Hero shows a straight, Nine to King

SB shows three of a kind, Tens

BB shows a straight, Eight to Queen

UTG wins $35.16 (net +$24.82)

Comments on the hand as far as analysis: I'd been watching CO raise limper(s) over and over and folks just kept laying it down and then he showed down 1 or 2 of these with crap starting hands. So I was looking to raise behind him with anything QQ+ or good rundown, or call behind with something I felt like I might be able to outplay him with HU. I had almost zero expectation of more than 1 other caller based on how the last 3/4 orbits had gone at this table. When they all call I'm pretty much just looking for the fold button 'til I see the lovely flop.
    I pretty much think it may have been a case of everyone at the table being sick of not hitting crap for so many hands in a row - I mean I was about to get off this table because there just wasn't much action, pots were all tiny.
    Bonus: In case you're wondering, I ran the #'s and my hand was actually ahead preflop (somehow 33%?), and ofcourse flop and turn (67%) I'm gaining equity.

Man I love Omaha now, Hold'em just seems so boring.
    Donk Skills:
    #1 The bluff call
    #2 The Drawing-Dead Value Bet
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity."
    Maximus Decimus Meridius - Gladiator
    nothing wrong with folding crap pre, especially 45bb deep. Like, you're committing 10% of your stack preflop...
    Last edited by daven; 06-09-2010 at 04:46 AM.
    I guess folding is OK pre, but this hand sure is not crap OTB and I'd never ever fold. that said no reason not to have a full stack, not sure if this is 50BB or 100 BB max but either way you have a good seat.
    Yeah this is 50BB. I don't auto top up 'cause I lose complete sense of winning/losing during my session if I do. I just rebuy if I drop to 1/2 the buyin.
    Donk Skills:
    #1 The bluff call
    what value is a sense of winning or losing mid-session?
    if you don't see value in it for yourself, then doesn't matter, don't worry about it. there is value in it for myself at this point in time.
    Donk Skills:
    #1 The bluff call
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijjo View Post
    It's a leak I'm working on.
    fyp