Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Madden comes out tonight....

Default Madden comes out tonight....

I'm a dork I guess....
    First
    Poker is easy, it's winning at poker that's hard.
    Lions v Chiefs imo
    bob we can play pretty much anytime tomorrow/ever
    this game is sweet
    I used to love Madden but I got really burned out on the "new year, same shit" model they operate on. Have they ever eliminated that annoying problem where if you're ahead near the end of a half, the computer can complete 50 yard bombs into triple coverage and your guys fall down like the three stooges trying to stop them?
    LOL
    dale you need to download the patch to fix that

Here --> Madden. patch
    Own it, love it, got my Broncos ass beat by the raiders first game...

I suck.
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    does it come out at midnight or is it already out?

/doesnt want to get banned for signing on early...

XBL name is RGBrewer
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    ill bet they feel stupid putting favre on the cover now!
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    I haven't played this years madden yet.

Have they managed to finally make a better game than the nfl2k series? Somehow I doubt it.
    i think basically all the defensive stuff is under-powered. Passes are really easy to complete, the defense drops way way way too many easy interceptions, tackles are really easy to break, your back is universally more useful as a swing receiver than as a running back... everyone runs the super predictable play action QB scramble because apparently no one on the field has ever seen it before...

Every kick off return will be at least to the 25. Kneeling in the endzone is fucking retarded.

Seemingly the only ways to NOT score on a drive is
    A) Run the ball
    B) Throw an interception
    C) Get "retarded receiver" syndrome where they just suddenly and inexplicably drop every single ball thrown to them no matter how open.

And yes, the part of the game where if you're down by ~3 with 2 minutes left to go you'll complete every pass no matter what is indeed still in there.

/pissy.
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    what difficulty do u play on euph?
    I actually find it pretty hard to pass when you're playing someone online (AI is set at All-Pro online)

Quote Originally Posted by euphoricism
    Every kick off return will be at least to the 25. Kneeling in the endzone is fucking retarded.
    This a lot better than NCAA where every kickoff is run back to at least the 40
    Ugh yeah NCAAs kickoff shit is stupid. You'll see one run back for a TD every other game on average.

Midas, madden uses a new way to set the difficulty and I think it does it very poorly. It sets it based on how you perform on the standard mini-game training things. But some of them are retardedly easy (like the rushing one where you can practically stand still and let your blockers do the work) and some are retardedly hard (where you and a useless AI teamate have to tackle an RB who has three blockers).

So I use a custom difficulty setting to try and minimize the offenses awesomeness.