Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

200bb deep 50NL Speed poker line check

Default 200bb deep 50NL Speed poker line check

Villain is a reg. Not much history. First hand we are playing together post flop. Any reason I should be playing the hand differently?

9 on the turn seems like the best card for me since if he has a set (which is hard to put him on since no 3b pre, but he might be doing that cuz we are deep?) or overplaying 2 pairs he might continue if I raise. I thought about calling the turn just because raising there looks so strong and getting another bet in on the river but on such a drawy board, seems like so many cards can come out that will stop him from putting any money in the pot on the river. KTs is certainly part of his range but is that enough of a reason to slow down or play it differently since we are deep?

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) -
    BB ($14.50)
    UTG ($89.20)
    MP ($7.08)
    CO ($55.35)
    Hero (Button) ($106.29)
    SB ($134.26)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
    3 folds, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) , , (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises $8.25, Hero calls $5.75

Turn: ($20) (2 players)
    SB bets $15, Hero raises $40, SB raises $109.51 (All-In), Hero calls $56.54 (All-In)

River: ($213.08) (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $213.08
    not a fan at all. you fold out so much of his range by raising the turn to the size you chose and probably only get it in bad here when all the money goes in.

for that matter why raise the turn at all.

for that matter why just not fold the flop. this whole hand past the flop cbet is spew.

?wut
    Fold flop yo
    Turn seems arguable but If he'd fold most 2prs I'd just call
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    I mean.. fold flop for sure. Your double gutter isn't worth much, since your chance of getting paid out on a K seems pretty slim, so your gin card is only 9x and you spike it and you're still not happy about it.

I can go either way on the turn, don't hate raising. Call-call seems fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Usually not drawing to hands that can't beat the current nuts, even more important when we're deep. Looks like pure spew against an unknown reg.