Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

My goal from zero to hero

Default My goal from zero to hero

Hello everyone, I've decided to withdraw all of my funds due to the fact I am saving up for rent as I recently got accepted at Edinburgh College and the rent there is expensive to say the least. So my goal is simple to play as many freeroll's as I can and turn $0 into well a good size bankroll.

I've made an account over at another site ( Don't know the rules about naming sites on here so not going to name it ) where they do Leader boards with a $0 buy in and you can walk away with a cool $175 for first place at the end of the month. I've also got the $100k privilege freeroll tickets I know that they are VERY soft so I am hoping to walk away with some cash in them too. As soon as I make $10 I will also play the 10c 360 man and so the 10c $100 gtd tournaments done every night.

I'll post updates on how I am doing, I know that there are going to be lots of bad beats, almost throwing the computer out of the window moments, but I am willing to put in the hard work and making this work.

All the best and let's make free cash!
    Right first freeroll went bad got knocked out by JAof and I had QQ oh well, still in the other one with 3.8k chips
    Please don't struggle and post the hell that is freerolls. Just put $20-$50 on a site and grind some really low buy in tournaments. Playing 5 or 6 hours a tourney vs 10K players to win $0.36 is a ridiculous lesson in futility.

One thing I do know is that no members here with any good solid advice will have anything good to say in your blog, but play real money tournaments, no matter how small and you will get a ton of help
    That maybe true, but I have already said that I am non longer depositing any more, until such time I can afford to. I won 46c yesterday on the 100k freeroll, so pretty pleased with myself with that score.

BR is now at 46c I'm playing the weekend round 2 today at 3pm and a few of the 100k's lets hope that the luck is on my side today again.
    Good luck with grinding the freerolls.

I think jyms is just saying that you're going to spend counless hours upon hours upon hours trying to win $1-$5 from freerolls. You also won't learn very much from freerolls because they play very differently from cash games.

He's making an assumption that your lifestyle affords a spare $5-$20 from somewhere that you could feasible deposit, instead of only grinding these freerolls. If his assumption is NOT true, then I would argue you're living too close to the edge of your budget anyway, for poker to be a good stress-free path forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    I see were you are coming fro, I will think on it. thanks for the advice