Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Jim Rome

Default Jim Rome

Anyone listen to or watch his shows???

Ive been a fan for years, and went to the Buffalo tour stop a few years ago. Then i stopped listening for a while cuz of work, but recently started again. Anyone that likes sports would like his show imo (if you give it a chance). Hes hilarious and has great interviews.
    yup, he's pretty great. there's been a few times I've thought, "man, I wish I had a job where I could listen to this guy everyday."

I don't agree with everything he says, but he's pretty damn entertaining to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by UG
    yup, he's pretty great. there's been a few times I've thought, "man, I wish I had a job where I could listen to this guy everyday."

I don't agree with everything he says, but he's pretty damn entertaining to say the least.
    I agree with all of this.

Y0u will never agree with anyone about everything, but he has some great interviews, funny callers/e mails and covers all sports.
    Jim Rome anoys me
    3 3 3 I'm only half evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    Jim Rome anoys me
    You have to listen for a while before you get into it. Or at least i did. It takes a while to get the references and what not, which is what the whole show is based on. So if you didnt listen to last weeks shows you wont get the references and wont find it funny.
    he has a cool gotee
    3 3 3 I'm only half evil.
    my friend is obsessed with him. he listens to his radio show every day.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    I think he's kinda douchey. He acts like his opinion is the only valid one. That said, I don't watch much.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather
    I think he's kinda douchey. He acts like his opinion is the only valid one. That said, I don't watch much.
    The TV show isnt nearly as good as the radio show. I never watch it, but i dont get it, so that may be why..lol.
    The TV show isn't very good. It's a spin-off of his radio show and it doesn't come across as well, not by a long shot.

And about him being a douche, I can see your point of view as well. There are definitely two groups as far as Jim Rome goes. You've got those that think he's awesome and those that hate his guts. Hardly ever do you find somebody that will say they've got "meh" feelings about him.

Quote Originally Posted by UG
    The TV show isn't very good. It's a spin-off of his radio show and it doesn't come across as well, not by a long shot.

And about him being a douche, I can see your point of view as well. There are definitely two groups as far as Jim Rome goes. You've got those that think he's awesome and those that hate his guts. Hardly ever do you find somebody that will say they've got "meh" feelings about him.
    This. You either love him or hate him.

Hes very opinionated, but he has to be. Its his job. The best part of the show is the calls/emails. Very funny shit imo.

He was great when i went to see him live at the Buffalo tour stop. Hes like half sports talk radio guy and half comedian.
    Go gauchos!!
    http://chardrian.blogspot.com
    come check out my training videos at pokerpwnage.com
    Jim Rome kind of sucks. Sean Pendergast ( The Cablinasian) of smack off fame has a show in Houston now and he pretty much sucks too. I don't really like anything about the Jungle.
    <Staxalax> I want everyone to put my quote in their sigs
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
    I have yet to click either link but I guarantee one is the Chris/Jim Evert interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigspenda73
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
    I have yet to click either link but I guarantee one is the Chris/Jim Evert interview.
    You are correct sir. The other is a rant about softball guy.

I was thinking of you for some reason when i made this thread. I guess cuz i know you're a sports nut, and figured you would either like Rome or at least have heard of him if no one else had.

Thanks Pankfish. Its always great when people post in a thread just to dump on it.
    dammit I was just coming in to say Don't Call Me Chris.

Never listened to the radio show, hate the TV show
    Sorry, I had an opinion on the topic.
    <Staxalax> I want everyone to put my quote in their sigs
    Quote Originally Posted by pankfish
    Ya, i guess i just get tired of everyone pissing on everything instead of just not posting.

Sorry.
    I thought u were supposed to piss in a bottle.
    http://chardrian.blogspot.com
    come check out my training videos at pokerpwnage.com
    Ya, i guess i just get tired of everyone pissing on everything instead of just not posting.

Sorry.
    you asked a question wesrman?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333

Sorry.
    you asked a question wesrman?
    Ya and i appologized.

Sorry Pankfish, for being a jerk.