Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Poker-edge.com

Default Poker-edge.com

What do folks think about this resource?
    Get this; a fish trying to learn how to use a fishing rod!

I use it, but only to see if people are in profit or not.

I'm a rock apparently, but I don't tend to pay any notice to this, since I've seen some idiots stack off with very marginal hands post flop regularly, but because their hand selection is solid and they are aggressive, they're called sharks, while losing $4k in 100k hands.

Also, I'm now looser and more aggressive pre flop than my stats suggest, so the stats fail to reflect an evolving game. I'm probably still too passive post flop though, idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    worth noting that use of poker-edge is against terms of service of most (all?) online poker sites. Well, it used to be anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    worth noting that use of poker-edge is against terms of service of most (all?) online poker sites. Well, it used to be anyway.
    Oh?!

How would anyone know, I wonder?
    Get this; a fish trying to learn how to use a fishing rod!

It's considered datamining, probably. Funny thing is, I kind of use it as tilt control. If I take a bad beat after villain makes a crazy move against me, I like to know he's not making money. Very rarely are they making money, and thus I'm happy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Worth noting not using these tools is putting you at a disadvantage to the rest of the poker world especially at stakes that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icanhastreebet View Post
    Worth noting not using these tools is putting you at a disadvantage to the rest of the poker world especially at stakes that matter.
    yeah, no argument from me here. It's important that people know how these sites are viewed by the poker companies - so that they can make well informed decisions.

it's that complicated spot of "is cheating ok when it's tacitly accepted?" Where people sit on that value-line is obviously personal, and morally a grey area. I sit one place on that line, but can pretty much understand all positions along the line. Definitely not going to sling shit here about something that is so subjective! Hell, even using the word 'cheating' is a bit iffy
    yeah, no argument from me here. It's important that people know how these sites are viewed by the poker companies - so that they can make well informed decisions.

it's that complicated spot of "is cheating ok when it's tacitly accepted?" Where people sit on that value-line is obviously personal, and morally a grey area. I sit one place on that line, but can pretty much understand all positions along the line. Definitely not going to sling shit here about something that is so subjective! Hell, even using the word 'cheating' is a bit iffy
    Stars has already said they will be doing nothing about people using ptr in the future and this was months ago. Basically it would be illegal for them to track what you are doing in your browser so they had to scrap the idea of banning people using ptr even if they blatantly state they have used it in stars chat.

edit: not to say I'm a supporter of ptr cause I think it's fucking terrible for the games but so are HUDs and EVERYONE uses one of those except the people at a huge disadvantage in the first place.
    Last edited by Icanhastreebet; 03-04-2012 at 12:20 AM.