Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default spoiler tag?

Spoiler:
    can we get one
    its easy for an admin to do as it looks a pretty similar installation process to the phpbb3 version i installed last year....

heres the code and installation instructions are further down the thread

BB Code - Spoiler Tag

once you get used to the installation process then its easy to add further bbcodes for embedding youtube clips , resizing pictures etc
    Last edited by Keith; 02-26-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    This would've been awesome to put at the end of Keith's post in Dranger's Daddy thread.

Spoiler:
    The baby isn't yours.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I'll check into it for you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by cr4zybe4utifu1 View Post
    I'll check into it for you guys!
    What, like a paternity test?

Kinda going above and beyond, don't you think?
    We got a
    Spoiler:
    spoiler
    tag now.
    Spoiler:
    WTF HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY MOVE YOUR CURSOR OVER THE TAG; WE NEED A PROPER SPOILER TAG IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzzz_321 View Post
    Spoiler:
    WTF HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY MOVE YOUR CURSOR OVER THE TAG; WE NEED A PROPER SPOILER TAG IMO
    ^ THIS
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    not much of a spoiler with IE on an xp machine
    Attached Images
    Here is an example of the spoiler code used on 2p2 HT $7 Did I play this bad? - Heads Up SNG -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums

I think we should get one installed that works like that.
    the link i posted should do it that way. changing <b>spoiler!</b> to <b>spoiler:</b> would get the same layout as the 2+2 version.
    on it
    Last edited by cr4zybe4utifu1; 03-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Okay, now we have one. The ..... thing is still working, but you use [sp] for that and [spoiler] for the button. hover over to reveal spoiler
    Spoiler:
    and box with button to show
    Spoiler:
    came
    posting on xp machine
    with firefox , both work as intended.

Spoiler:
    with ie8 ,box/button version works perfectly with the hover version still just showing as underlined text.

except did a preview of this post in IE8 and the show button didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    posting on xp machine
    with firefox , both work as intended.

Spoiler:
    with ie8 ,box/button version works perfectly with the hover version still just showing as underlined text.

except did a preview of this post in IE8 and the show button didn't work
    Works fine in IE9. Is there a reason you're using IE8 instead of IE9? Like is it really common? I always use ff.
    Works fine in IE9. Is there a reason you're using IE8 instead of IE9? Like is it really common? I always use ff.
    Kinda... Browser News: Statistics - Trends - learn about trends in browsers, colour-depths, and resolutions (look at the IE section)

Edit: You can also check your Google Analytics to get a more specific example of what the users for your site are actually using.
    Last edited by Galapogos; 03-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    xp is limited to ie8 , vista onwards can use ie9. lots of "work" machines are xp based and IT departents are lazy buggers and prefer to use what they know and not mix os . may also limit what is installed on work machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Kinda... Browser News: Statistics - Trends - learn about trends in browsers, colour-depths, and resolutions (look at the IE section)

Edit: You can also check your Google Analytics to get a more specific example of what the users for your site are actually using.
    I'm not privy to that info, but the big guns are and I can certainly ask them. I'm pretty sure it's an extremely large chunk that use chrome and ff though. Only a small percentage use IE and even smaller for Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    xp is limited to ie8 , vista onwards can use ie9. lots of "work" machines are xp based and IT departents are lazy buggers and prefer to use what they know and not mix os . may also limit what is installed on work machines
    Gotchya.
    I'm not privy to that info, but the big guns are and I can certainly ask them. I'm pretty sure it's an extremely large chunk that use chrome and ff though. Only a small percentage use IE and even smaller for Opera.
    The very first sentence in the section I pointed to in that link I offered:
    Roughly 55% use IE-based browsers, with the percentage dropping very slowly.
    To even neglect 5% of your business would be insane, IE as a total are 55%. According to the stats gathered by that source 31% of browsers are still IE8.

Also, I assume your revenue comes from people not in the states. In which case IE becomes an even larger share because it's much more popular outside of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post

To even neglect 5% of your business would be insane, IE as a total are 55%. According to the stats gathered by that source 31% of browsers are still IE8.
    Never said we were going to neglect anyone's choice of browser. Just gave the stats as I last remembered them being reported for our site.