Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

I dunno man 600NL

Default I dunno man 600NL

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 ($600)
    MP2 ($615)
    CO ($527)
    Button ($940.25)
    SB ($1395.45)
    Hero (BB) ($699)
    UTG ($600)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J
    1 fold, MP1 bets $15, 4 folds, Hero calls $9

Flop: ($33) J, 2, 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets $21.90, Hero calls $21.90

Turn: ($76.80) 2 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets $54, Hero calls $54

River: ($184.80) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets $144, Hero

Total pot: $472.80 | Rake: $3

Villain is a decent 20/14. We 7-handed and he UTG+1 so wider ranges than usual. I only 3-bet BBvsEP 2%. He barrels 71%, 38, 67 (4/6).
    How is this for a range ctrl+c from pokerstove

66+,AcKc,AsKs,AcQc,AsQs,AJs-ATs,KJs,QJs,JTs,AJo-ATo,KJo,QJo

62-37 in your favor.

He could be raising any of those preflop (arguable point). He's undoubtedly c-betting that flop. Your flop c/c and turn check could easily be seen as a draw/weak pair, both begging for a 2nd barrel.
    You're showing further weakness by checking the river. He could be betting for value or bluffing missed flush draws. Seems like an easy call to me.

Considering that this guy is gonna c-bet this flop with ATC, I'd think a c/r would be the best move on the flop. You have a strong but vulnerable hand here.

Also if you don't like that range, trim it down a bit. You'll see that you have the pot odds to call any reasonable range here. By c/c'ing the whole way it's really hard to put him on something narrower.
    Last edited by Chusko; 10-15-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    just fold he bet $144
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro2Macro View Post
    just fold he bet $144
    Does he never make this bet with QJ, a busted flush draw, 99, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chusko View Post
    Does he never make this bet with QJ, a busted flush draw, 99, etc?
    i'm pretty sure that's what m2m is implying.
    And what I'm implying is a bit of an explanation... Hero has done nothing to show that he has a hand that he's confident with. Why can't he be bluffing/betting with a weaker hand here? If m2m is folding here, doesn't that make this a bluffable opportunity if villain had an accurate read?
    Last edited by Chusko; 10-15-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    It looks a lot like I have a J+, he can't valuebet worse.
    Could you have 66-99 or maybe an AK, AQ here? I haven't seen you play. I don't know if you flat or raise with those pf. Would you c/c those hands on that flop/turn? Also, if it's obvious to you that HE thinks you have J+, why are you posting this hand?
    Last edited by Chusko; 10-16-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    do you call with JT?
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib View Post
    do you call with JT?
    I kinda wondered how you would play QQ here (considering your low 3bet vs this position) and would you call the river.

As vaillain can bet AA/KK here for value - can you not c/r ai repping a boat with JJ/TT - im guessing 22/33 are out of your range ?
    if we can credibly rep TT I like a c/r I think we get hero'd too much if he thinks our value range is JJ

also depending on ur image and shit obv but u know what your image is
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...-a-153854.html

Join IRC. Now.

<Cobra> Nobody folds an A BvB, that's absurd
    he's never folding to a river c/r when he bets 3/4 pot and all draws busted out. flop/turn bets 2/3 and then river goes 3/4, that's a value bet for me.
    i'd fold river, cant see worse he's valuebetting and there are few bluffs he can have here. KJ/QJ/99/88 would check back since they have SD value and there not much worse calling. his betting river on QQ+, AJ, JJ,TT, JT and sometimes some busted FD's but not w/ wnough freq to call.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razvan729 View Post
    he's never folding to a river c/r when he bets 3/4 pot and all draws busted out. flop/turn bets 2/3 and then river goes 3/4, that's a value bet for me.
    i'd fold river, cant see worse he's valuebetting and there are few bluffs he can have here. KJ/QJ/99/88 would check back since they have SD value and there not much worse calling. his betting river on QQ+, AJ, JJ,TT, JT and sometimes some busted FD's but not w/ wnough freq to call.
    I think raz is right, he expects you to call with a jack,if he was just trying to get you to fold all your air hands I would expect him to bet like 1/3 pot, depends also on how you plays draws in situations like this, if you c/r them or just flat, cuz if u c/r then the above is irrelevant as he knows you'd c/r a good draw on that board and he will never bet 1/3 pot on the river so it makes this spot even more tricky cuz I think that puts more bluffs in his range on this river sizing.
    two things interest me in this thread:

1. Dean obviously has a reason for calling, which I'm guessing has something to do with his barreling stats. He double-barrels so infrequently that he's checking a lot of good hands on the turn, so that makes his triple-barrel range extremely polarized?
    2. M2M's alchemist-savant reading of his betsize.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Fold bra
    Check out the new blog!!!
    i think your problem is with the kicker
    Fold if he doesnt barrel much and our range is narrow - we're not too near the top of our range
    I Was jk about the kicker but in all seriousness, i'd just like to add that his bet on the turn probably has a lot to do with the deuce pairing up. Not because his hand just became a monster but because it helps him know that your range of monsters just dramatically decreased.
    My range on the turn of 'monsters' has dramatically decreased from 3 combos to 3 combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow View Post
    My range on the turn of 'monsters' has dramatically decreased from 3 combos to 3 combos.
    i thought it went from 9 to 9, but that may be just definition. I don't know how you play QQ here, nor whether that counts as a monster.

Fold or shove. Probably fold
    I was thinking along the lines of having less flopped sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    i think op is saying that he doesn't call 22-66 here pre
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    do you flat-call 22-66 in hero's spot pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    do you flat-call 22-66 in hero's spot pre?
    Yes I do.
    Personally I would never defend with KJs against such an opponent.

You've got to ask yourself why you are defending with it. The answer can only be that you are up against an opponent who plays loose and aggressive post-flop, so you are hoping that if you hit top pair, vill will bet all three streets, you can call all the way and scoop some cash from his spew. If that is the plan then you have to call the river. Why else defend with KJs?

But I'm sure you can see the flaw in that plan and that's why you have doubts about calling the river. When calling with such a hand your opponent often has you dominated, so even when you hit your cards they hit vill even harder.

In this spot I'd much rather be defending with 22-66.
    ur post makes no sense