Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

2/4 HU: 4-bet pot, 400BB+ deep

Default 2/4 HU: 4-bet pot, 400BB+ deep

Ok, so it's only 2/4, but stacks are 418BB deep, so I think this belongs in the HS forum. I don't have much experience playing this deep, but I don't think my opponent had either. He was aggro and decent, but a few of his plays were really horrible. He was raising 76% of buttons and I was raising 88%. He reraised 11% on the BB and I reraised 16%. Neither had a very good image.

1. I'm not happy playing JTs OOP, but villain is giving me a good price and has been 4-betting with total garbage many times. I would think that JTs is still a monster this deep. Anyone think I should fold pre for only $84 more?

2. The turn is begging for a shove, but it could be a trap. Calling his small raise with a good conceiled back door nut draw this deep should certainly be +EV. I guess c/c (or perhaps c/r?) turn would have been std, but I thought that he would bet the turn with a very big part of his range but wouldn't raise my bet very often.

3. Who wants to bluff this river and who wants to give up? Villain has $1113 behind.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button ($1674.55)
    Hero ($1823)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T.
    Button raises to $12, Hero raises to $55, Button raises to $139, Hero calls $84.

Flop: ($278) 8, Q, 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($278) K (2 players)
    Hero bets $185, Button raises to $422, Hero calls $237.

River: ($1122) 3 (2 players)
    [color=#CC3333]Hero... ?
    This was one of the hands that shows how this villain is really very average for these stakes.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($965)
    Hero ($800)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, K.
    Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $40, Hero calls $28.

Flop: ($82) 8, 7, 2 (2 players)
    BB bets $55, Hero calls $55.

Turn: ($192) 2 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($192) 3 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $185, BB raises to $495.55, Hero calls $310.55.

Final Pot: $1183.10

Results in white below:
    BB has Qh 9h (one pair, twos).
    Hero has 7h Kh (two pair, sevens and twos).
    Outcome: Hero wins $1183.10.
    I like a river bluff. I think he makes this turn play with AK,KJ,KT,AJ,JT and some air. I think the K combinations fold often enough on this river to make a bluff profitable.
    I like a river bluff but it would really need to feel right given dynamic and flow
    I like river bluff because people play scared and but it is a sick sick play.
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    i dont think ur ever getting anyone to fold with a river bluff, if i did make it it would be fake blocking bet for half pot ish

i would typically lead the flop and probably bet/fold/shove turn but not call because i dont think my implied odds are very large
    I got more flava than fruitstripe gum
    My plan when calling the turn was to bluff any club on the river, so I lead for $800 and villain called with 4c5c.