Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Howard Lederer is back playing poker as if nothing ever happened

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Howard Lederer is back playing poker as if nothing ever happened

[---IMG]http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/13/22/45/54/howard10.jpg[/IMG]

I encountered this [---URL="http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?2725-Howard-Lederer-is-back-in-Bobby-s-Room-at-Bellagio-playing-high-stakes-poker-as-if-nothing-ever-happened"]here.[/URL]

I got the following error when trying to post:
    You are not allowed to use URL bbcode.
    You are not allowed to use IMG bbcode.

Please someone who is "allowed" to post re-post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7plus2 View Post
    I got the following error when trying to post:
    You are not allowed to use URL bbcode.
    You are not allowed to use IMG bbcode.

Please someone who is "allowed" to post re-post it.
    No problem:

I think the most appalling part of this is he seems cockier than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I wonder what the lineup must be like for this donk to be tempted to play that game.
    Zero fucks given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    No problem:

I think the most appalling part of this is he seems cockier than ever!
    Wow this is one disgusting pic

Did anyone re-post with the links I have in my original post?

It doesn't let me use ["IMG"] and ["URL"] tags. If that continues, I will not be posting much in this forum.
    Yeah you need a certain number of posts to have those privileges bro.
    If that continues, I will not be posting much in this forum.
    No longer being the recipient of your 3 posts a year is FTR's loss I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    No longer being the recipient of your 3 posts a year is FTR's loss I suppose.
    Are you always that welcoming to people who want to participate in the forum?

I decided to be more active after the recent changes but I suppose this offends you greatly since you decided to use unwarranted sarcasm.

All I wanted to do is post a very interesting picture taken recently of Howard Lederer. People on other forums find that interesting.

Apparently you are more interested in being rude to people who have not yet posted as much as you have. You must be a REAL asset to this forum.
    Actually Galapogos is the one who controls whether you can use IMG tags, so you better be nice to him from now on.
    Wow this is one disgusting pic

Did anyone re-post with the links I have in my original post?

It doesn't let me use ["IMG"] and ["URL"] tags. If that continues, I will not be posting much in this forum.
    We've got some limitations on new users to prevent spam - you can see them here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ad-191586.html
    That reminds me, if anyone gets a PM from me about canned meat, don't open it it's spam
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    fuck, i really wanted that canned meat
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    While we're at it, why shouldn't he be playing poker?
    yes that's what I was thinking, business is business
    OBAMA HAS BEEN PRESIDENT FOR 4 YEARS AND I STILL CANT PLAY ON PARTY
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    OBAMA HAS BEEN PRESIDENT FOR 4 YEARS AND I STILL CANT PLAY ON PARTY
    No fucking shit.
    Be happy you can't play on Party, it's shit. Shows how bad it is when FTP can be up for one day and have prizes Party can only dream of
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    to quote something i said a few months ago.

OBAMA HAS BEEN ELECTED FOR 30 MINS AND I STILL CAN'T PLAY ON PARTY POKER? WHAT THE FUCK
    10-11-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    Actually Galapogos is the one who controls whether you can use IMG tags, so you better be nice to him from now on.
    He better learn some manners.

I have no respect for rude people so your suggestion is not feasible. Besides, I lost interest in being more active here.

While I have not participated in the forum in the last several years, I have played most buyin events, have used the FTR link to signup for new sites and have played other games on these sites.

The moment I decide to become more active, I encounter sarcasm and rudeness. This is despicable and the fact that this is tolerated doesn't speak very well for the tone in this forum.

Galapogos could have simply clarified why these tags cannot be used like others members did. To attack someone on the basis of not having enough posts is not a behavior befitting of someone "in charge of tags".

I would suggest to the mods that if you don't want to expand the "Qualified Member" set, then simply say so so that I and other people don't waste our time and don't have to be exposed to the rudeness of Galapogos. In that way, you can assure that the number of people participating in future events remains small.

As an added benefit, Galapogos will not be exposed to posts by people who have not posted much before and hopefully that will bring him comfort.

Since I have no reason to make any other posts, I would like to use this post and thank the people who organized the games over the past several years. They were among the best forum games and it was a great experience.
    WALL OF TEXT
    If you're going to post in the ftr commune I'd suggest taking that rod out of your butt first
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac

I have no respect for rude people so your suggestion is not feasible. Besides, I lost interest in being more active here.

While I have not participated in the forum in the last several years, I have played most buyin events, have used the FTR link to signup for new sites and have played other games on these sites.

The moment I decide to become more active, I encounter sarcasm and rudeness. This is despicable and the fact that this is tolerated doesn't speak very well for the tone in this forum.

Galapogos could have simply clarified why these tags cannot be used like others members did. To attack someone on the basis of not having enough posts is not a behavior befitting of someone "in charge of tags".

I would suggest to the mods that if you don't want to expand the "Qualified Member" set, then simply say so so that I and other people don't waste our time and don't have to be exposed to the rudeness of Galapogos. In that way, you can assure that the number of people participating in future events remains small.

As an added benefit, Galapogos will not be exposed to posts by people who have not posted much before and hopefully that will bring him comfort.

Since I have no reason to make any other posts, I would like to use this post and thank the people who organized the games over the past several years. They were among the best forum games and it was a great experience.
    Haha are you fucking serious?
    Bit disappointed in all the crap that appeared in this post. Not what I expected. My point is what is the problem with Howard Lederer playing poker again. The jusy is out on him in terms of the FT situation but I just cannot reconcile why there should be any restriction or resentment to him playing poker. Regardless of what he might have done or not doen behind the scenes he is a good poker player.

I'm a mod and I do not approve of this message. Welcome to the internet, grow a backbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1559 View Post
    Bit disappointed in all the crap that appeared in this post. Not what I expected. My point is what is the problem with Howard Lederer playing poker again. The jusy is out on him in terms of the FT situation but I just cannot reconcile why there should be any restriction or resentment to him playing poker. Regardless of what he might have done or not doen behind the scenes he is a good poker player.
    K7, Gala doesn't really have control over whether or not you can use IMG tags, he's just having some fun with you. You're more than welcome at the forum, you just need to take things a little bit less seriously

As for Howard playing poker, I think it's a disgrace. He was complicit in fucking over the poker community really badly and he's not welcome anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    ... and he's not welcome anymore
    No single person can speak for the poker community, especially when it comes to deciding who wants to play with who.
    He shouldn't be welcome anymore that should have said. I can't see any good reason whatsoever to let him back in. Scammers/"cheaters" get away with far too much in the poker community IMO (although it's obvious enough to be fact rather than opinion), given that reputation is the only thing that really matters amongst highstakes players and plenty of people have proved their willing to sell that reputation for a fairly low price and the community has then welcomed them back again. But that's going off point, sorry

EDIT: As for being a single person, I'm obviously not the only person in the whole poker community who thinks Howard Lederer shouldn't be involved in poker anymore full stop
    He shouldn't be welcome anymore that should have said. I can't see any good reason whatsoever to let him back in. Scammers/"cheaters" get away with far too much in the poker community IMO (although it's obvious enough to be fact rather than opinion), given that reputation is the only thing that really matters amongst highstakes players and plenty of people have proved their willing to sell that reputation for a fairly low price and the community has then welcomed them back again. But that's going off point, sorry

EDIT: As for being a single person, I'm obviously not the only person in the whole poker community who thinks Howard Lederer shouldn't be involved in poker anymore full stop
    My point is that no one can dictate who other people choose to play poker with.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    My point is that no one can dictate who other people choose to play poker with.
    I understand that, and my point is that as a community we should make him feel unwelcome. I doubt that'll happen though.
    Exactly who is supposed to stop him from playing? Is every poker room in the world supposed to get together and create a worldwide Lederer ban?
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I understand that, and my point is that as a community we should make him feel unwelcome. I doubt that'll happen though.
    Well nevermind then.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Exactly who is supposed to stop him from playing? Is every poker room in the world supposed to get together and create a worldwide Lederer ban?
    Who said this?
    i think he should be playing online from a prison cell and the other crooks ferguson as well, think hes taken a lot of cash from a lot off players
    I find it interesting that he came out with "The Lederer Files" on Pokernews which was basically him saving face, and now he's right back out there playing again. Wonder how much of a free pass that got him?
    If you aren't playing with him, then I don't think it's any of your business really.
    If you aren't playing with him, then I don't think it's any of your business really.
    What? Are you Howard Lederer's son?
    What? Are you Howard Lederer's son?
    No one can forbid someone else from playing poker with Lederer. The only people who can make that choice are the people who would be playing.
    That doesn't mean we can't talk about it if we want to or give an opinion on what we think about it though
    That doesn't mean we can't talk about it if we want to or give an opinion on what we think about it though
    This is probably unrelated, but how much poker do you/have you played? I'm just curious.
    Played ~15k MTTs and a few hundred thousand hands of cash, why?
    We should take away his rights to use IMG tags and let him know we won't miss his lack of frequent posts.

This would clearly send a message that he's not wanted.
    Played ~15k MTTs and a few hundred thousand hands of cash, why?
    I was just wondering if your lack of understanding of poker culture was because you hadn't played much poker or because you were British.
    I was just wondering if your lack of understanding of poker culture was because you hadn't played much poker or because you were British.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Poor k7...doesn't understand the blackness in the heartsof many that leads to such incivility on the interwebs
    Poor k7...doesn't understand the blackness in the heartsof many that leads to such incivility on the interwebs
    THAT'S RACIST
    Lots of players do lots of shady things to get ahead. This isn't any different.
    Was I this much of a whinging shitbag when I was all waa waa about people on the internet being dicks?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    When did pascal stop being British?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Was I this much of a whinging shitbag when I was all waa waa about people on the internet being dicks?
    You're usually slightly worse, on average.
    Omg spoon if you can't be polite to people who are just asking questions waa waa waa it's perfectly reasonable for me to expect to be able to participate in discussions without people being rude waa waa no sorry I haven't got a wall of text in me like the other guy, I just don't care so much these days.
    ongies gonna ong
    Omg spoon if you can't be polite to people who are just asking questions waa waa waa it's perfectly reasonable for me to expect to be able to participate in discussions without people being rude waa waa no sorry I haven't got a wall of text in me like the other guy, I just don't care so much these days.
    wp
    Holy fuck.

This thread made it to page 2
    Tis a funny place the internet. You can act like a dick to a stranger, who then justifiably gets annoyed... you then tell them they are the dick for not being happy about being treated like a dick, by the original dick.

So in essence OP get the fuck over it.

Oh and Ledereder is a dick among dicks, but I couldn't give a flying fuck if he's playing poker again.
    Normski
    I can understand the negative thoughts towards Lederer but you have to move on. Regardless of whether he was to blame in full or in paert for what we all went through is not a reason to stop the guy playing poker again. If someone gets done for drunk driving they get fined and suspended from driving for a while but once they have served their sentance things go back to the way they were. It is the same with every crime. Ledered has not yet been found guily of anything in the eyes of the law and yet loads of people want to impose a ridiculous restriction on him. He is not my favorite person for his part in what went on but I have got hundreds of other things that are more important to me that whether he is allowed to play poker again or not.
    Scottish Cowboy
    BOUT DAMN TIME
    I think Lance Armstrong should be banned from cycling. Even cycling to the shop to get milk is unacceptable.
    ongies gonna ong
    Lederer is a nitdick so eff'm
    I think Lance Armstrong should be banned from cycling. Even cycling to the shop to get milk is unacceptable.
    The only substantial proof against Armstrong is 500+ drug tests that he passed. If they weren't going to act like their own tests are credible, then why have them in the first place?
    The only substantial proof against Armstrong is 500+ drug tests that he passed. If they weren't going to act like their own tests are credible, then why have them in the first place?
    Hmmmmmm
    If they weren't going to act like their own tests are credible, then why have them in the first place?
    The test are there to blackmail offfending athletes into making donations for new equipment, not to keep the sport clean.
    ongies gonna ong
    ldfo
    you decided to use unwarranted sarcasm.
    Damn, Galapagos was using sarcasm without a warrant in this thread? What is the world coming to? I blame the Patriot Act, personally.
    I think you should read the evidence they have which includes exactly how he managed to pass the tests and avoid being caught. Not sure why I am even commenting on this but cant help myself.
    Scottish Cowboy
    If Lance Armstrong wants to cycle, I say let him. The guy landed on the god damn moon, give him a little credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1559 View Post
    I think you should read the evidence they have which includes exactly how he managed to pass the tests and avoid being caught. Not sure why I am even commenting on this but cant help myself.
    So if I take an English test and pass it, then my teacher comes back and gives an explanation on how I could have cheated on the test without getting caught, it shouldn't count that I passed it? Horrible logic.
    So if I take an English test and pass it, then my teacher comes back and gives an explanation on how I could have cheated on the test without getting caught, it shouldn't count that I passed it? Horrible logic.
    It's more like you cheat on a test, then a whole bunch of your class mates testify to your teacher about the methods you used to cheat the test, then your teacher fails you and RadioShack and Nike drop their sponsorship deal with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    It's more like you cheat on a test, then a whole bunch of your class mates testify to your teacher about the methods you used to cheat the test, then your teacher fails you and RadioShack and Nike drop their sponsorship deal with you.
    They still can't prove he did it on the back of what a bunch of jealous off-brand has-beens say.
    I think Lance should also be banned from having cancer again.
    ongies gonna ong
    They've just found Jimmy Saville's diary. His last entry was about 10 years old.
    I think sports doping goes back to the Colosseum days of Rome, but that's only because there's written evidence from that time. It probably goes back much, much further.

The way I understand it:

So... I'm allowed to drink a cup of coffee or a Red Bull before a test? Well, there's no ruling on 5-hour Energy, but it seems like it's my little secret to out-perform all the other students, so I use it. I keep it a secret, so the other students don't catch on and ruin the edge I have over them.

OK... Then next week, some of my classmates find out about 5-hour Energy, and I'm all, "yeah... it's great, I got a bunch of A's using it."
    Then they're all, "waaaaaaah! that's unfair!"
    Me: It's completely fair, it was there for anyone to use, and I was the one who tried it.
    Them: You're a cheater, we're telling on you.
    Me: There's nothing that says what I did was wrong.
    Teacher: You're all annoying and I'm going to let the majority rule w/e.
    Exactly.
    WAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Normski
    Yeah drinking coffee for a caffiene hit to improve alertness for an exam is exactly the same as taking performance enhancing drugs, getting caught, paying off the doping authorities and winning 7 Tours De France in a row, or however many he got.

So if a boxer wears metal gloves, that's fine right? Because any boxer can wear metal gloves.
    ongies gonna ong