Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Suited connectors against UTG min raise n a flat

Default Suited connectors against UTG min raise n a flat

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.4 Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds 125 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
    MP3 (t8340)
    CO (t38029)
    Button (t17153)
    SB (t32390)
    BB (t39052)
    UTG (t26233)
    UTG+1 (t9361)
    MP1 (t53013)
    Hero (MP2) (t22856)
    Hero's M: 7.81
    Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 8
    UTG bets t2400, UTG+1 calls t2400, Hero?

Would you make a move here? If so 3 bet or jam? No stats which is the problem.

Just trying to find ways of getting a stack going mid to late stages of tournies.

Comments welcome.
    Call cause you are getting like 6.5:1 to take a flop and your hand flops amazingly well.
    I think its close between calling and folding. Don't shove though, UTG+1 has almost 1/4 of his stack in after flatting
    pretty clear fold, stacks aren't deep enough and you likely have very little fold equity postflop vs. an UTG range.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Pitch'em. Pretty worthless hand in this spot. UTG+1 will likely get it in here if you 3bet with an assuredly better hand.
    How can you guys fold? We are flopping 50% equity 15% of the time v 88+,AK,AQ,AJs and 88+,AK,AQ,KQ,AJ,KJ which is basically worst case for us. We flop 33% or better nearly 40% of the time. Folding here has to be lighting money on fire.
    We have an M of 7. MP3 or Button could easily shove here (bad for us). My goal in this situation is to take down blinds/antes or get my stack in with a hand that has a decent chance of holding up...not fishing for draws.
    flopping a draw is going to make us put money in bad vs. a range against which we have little fold equity and there are 5 people behind us, including a couple of perfect resteal stacks.
    flopping a draw is going to make us put money in bad vs. a range against which we have little fold equity and there are 5 people behind us, including a couple of perfect resteal stacks. We get squeezed here at a minimum 25%.
    wtf I thought we were the big blind, super easy fold now obv
    Last edited by Icanhastreebet; 02-19-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    def folding
    Quote Originally Posted by soupie
    That is the beauty of poker, it doesnt matter how they play, you can always devise the perfect defense and counterpunch hard.
    This is a standard fold.