Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Hello all!

Default Hello all!

Hi all ,

Long time listener, first time caller. I’ve been lurking on this great site for the past month or so. I guess an introduction is in order. My name is Dan and I’m a college student. Been reading a lot on poker recently- articles, books, and of course, posts on the great FTR. I plan to start playing for real money by October, once I get settled into the next school year and get any self doubts out of my system. Plus, the extra month of research should help.

I’d like to personally give a big “thank you” to Mr. Tanaka and everyone that posts here. Your insight has really helped me already! I just hope your tips can help me experience just a fraction of the success you all have.

Peace!

-dan
    8-)
    If you're a skillful poker player, then you should enter a game expecting to win...You deserve it. It is a crime against nature that those people are fondling your money. They have no right to it. - Mike Caro
    welcome to ftr dan

I wish all the studying you've done on poker benefits you on october play.
    "Is there any chance I'm going to lay this 9-high baby down? That's really not my style."
    - Gus Hansen
    Welcome to FTR, Dan. Good luck in Oct., keep studying, and I mean your schoolwork too, buddy.
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Playing poker counts as studying math, doesn't it?
    If you're a skillful poker player, then you should enter a game expecting to win...You deserve it. It is a crime against nature that those people are fondling your money. They have no right to it. - Mike Caro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugibu674
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Playing poker counts as studying math, doesn't it?
    you use math in poker?

hey, no one told me that!

welcome!
    i hate what i have become to escape what i hated being...
    Quote Originally Posted by fishstick
    you use math in poker?

hey, no one told me that!
    There better not be math, or I quit!

-Related Story-
    I went to our local theme park (Worlds Of Fun) a while ago. I was standing in line waiting for the next ride and I overheard some 12 - 14 yr olds talking behind me.

They were saying how much fun it is to ride the Mamba, or Spinning Dragons. They were discussing where is the best place on the ride to sit. How, if you sit in the front, you get suspended on the 1st big downward slope. How to dispurse your weight on the spinning rides to provide maximum spinning. Etc. I kinda wanted to turn around and say, "You know you are discussing physics, science and math right now?" But I knew that would just ruin their fun and their day.

And I can't forget to say, welcome Ugibu674. Good luck with poker in Oct, and good luck with school.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.