Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Discussion: Creation of a Bad Beat Forum

Default Discussion: Creation of a Bad Beat Forum

Hello everyone,

Our regular poker strategy forum posters have probably noticed an influx of new posters here on the FTR boards in recent weeks. This "new" forum traffic is a welcome addition on our boards, and we're happy to see that some of our veteran contributors have taken a pro-active approach to welcoming them into the community.

I've noticed a handful of "bad beat" posts recently by some of our new posters, and would like the community's feedback on how to best categorize these types of posts going forward. In my personal opinion, bad beats are a part of poker, but should have a place separate from "strategy" related posts on our boards. This way, contributing members will know ahead of time that they are entering a "bad beat" thread when clicking on content in that forum, instead of seeing a "bad beat" posted in a strategy-related forum.

Are there any arguments for or against the idea of creating a Bad Beats Forum here at FTR?

Thank you very much for your feedback and best of luck to everyone at the tables in 2015!

-David
    you could put them all here, maybe rename it 'wins, fails, and badbeats' or something
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/wins-fails
    Yeah, I like this idea. The Wins & Fails Forum Rules outlined by Humphrind and Xianti don't exclude Bad Beat posts in that forum and there's already some rilla-gold stickied at the top.

Thoughts?
    Good idea. A little problem maybe is, that absolute newbies often don´t know the difference between bad beat HH and strategy HH posts.
    And i know a forum, where a similiar thread was created for all "poker is rigged" posts (millions!), very "popular" kind of posts too LOL.
    We all know poker is rigged , thats how i won last years gauntlet.
    So long as gabe's sticky in the Bad beat forum remains. It is a classic FTR post and still remains great advice to this day
    I was under the impression that this is what http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerforum/wins-fails was for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    So long as gabe's sticky in the Bad beat forum remains. It is a classic FTR post and still remains great advice to this day
    I completely agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    So much lol. Thanks for that.

Xianti's reply.