Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Tonight's free roll

Default Tonight's free roll

So I just busted out at 18th of about 440 on wsop.com with aces for the second time tonight. The first time early in the tourney I played absolutely terrible, like a moron I tried trapping and slow played my aces after a standard 2x preflop raise on a blah board. I checked down to the river then check raised and lost after the board paired and villain hit his set with an 8x. Looking back at his hand a. I could have raised 4x preflop and he most likely would have never seen the flop, but regardless I was hoping villain would connect on something like a second pair, I just was unlucky that he hit his set on the river. B. After he paired on the flop I should have fired on the turn and collected assuming he would have folded middle pair at that point.

What I'm really kicking myself over is how I busted. Two handed, even stacked, I flopped a set with the flop coming Ad Xd Xd. I shove hoping to scare villain off of chasing the flush, only to get snap called by the nut flush. My question is it seems as though the only winning play would have been to shove preflop and steal a small pot. Any thoughts or suggestions, I'm curious to see some of your reactions.
    You know what always cheers me up?
    No, what's that?
    Rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold." Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.
    Sorry to hear that, best to never slow play your aces. It's better to win a small pot then lose a big one.