Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

HOLY SH!!!T!!!!

Default HOLY SH!!!T!!!!

Wow,
    Ok Wed/Thusday/Friday I got beat online and IRL at the tables. Tonight was a total turn around. Lets start with my "Nuts" flush getting crushed by a full house on the river (ouch)... Now thats out of the way (this is all on a 3/6 game with 10 players)

It starts by me getting lucky. I limped in with 97s. Flop hits my 9 for second pair. I had someone at the table "PlayerZ" who is known to bet the come. He bet the two diamonds on the board and I figured he's betting hte come again. Since playerZ made the bet i figured my second pair was good for one call. Turn comes its an A offsuit... PlayerZ bets.. everyone folds but me. I called him wtf, i put him on the come before i figure he still is. River put up a 7 for my 2 pair. I bet it, he called it.. He had Ax- offsuit and was betting a bluff.. Sweet I got paid by my river 7.

Lets cut to 10 minutes later and PlayerZ still bitching about me hitting the card on the river. I got 98s and limp in. Board doesn't help me, not much for anyone else. Board pairs 6's on the turn. "PlayerZ" across from me bets it. I figured he's on tilt and just betting the 6's to steal the pot. I decided to raise it for a bit of information. one big bet now, or call one big bet on the river, whats the difference. If he re-raises me I'll fold to it, he calls it I'll bet the river regardless of what it is. I raised him and everyone else folded. He looked pissed as he called my raise. (he called it.. sweet for me), river comes another blank. I bet it out and he folded. Cussing and swearing saying that I don't know how to play and can only play the nuts. After he said that I flipped my 9 high hand . I bet him out of his top two pair and he was PISSED!!!

I got called a bitch and was told I didn't know how to play.

VERY NEXT HAND i get handed AA.. raise/raise/raise.. all the while playerZ is bitching that I don't know how to play and I'm probably raising with shit. I said, your right I'm re-raising my AA because I saw it on TV last night

Callers all over the place, board is complete shit and my AA takes down the pot, even with people calling my bets/raises AFTER I said I had AA.

10 minutes later i get handed 88.. its raised when it gets to me and I can see another player ready to re-raise it. I called the 6 and it was re-raised twice more and capped at $12 preflop between 8 people.. lets start with a $100 pot

Flop comes 88T.. I floped the quads! CHECK!!!!! bet to my right, I called it, 1 other caller.
    river comes 5 "CHECK-RAISE!!!!" everones got me on 85..
    Rivers a Q.. Player to the right of me bets I raised .. he calls He had pocket aces

As i took down the pot I looked over at playerZ and said "was that the nuts? i guess i don't need to know how to play when I have those"

After 2 1/2 hours of play I turned my $60 into $481.. After I paid back the $60 to a friend I walked out up over $400!

The absolute best part of the evening.. was when playerZ said i could only play the nuts when I bluffed him out. I spent the next 60 minutes getting a death stare from him and keeping him on tilt. Every time I took down a pot I would say, "beginners luck" "yea, but I don't know how to play"..

Just though you guys would enjoy.
    Wow and I thought my Friday + Sat was strong!

Quote Originally Posted by mike4066
    I got called a bitch and was told I didn't know how to play.
    LMAO. Any idiot laying down top pair in a limit game AFTER calling your raise (at that point how can you NOT have pot odds calling the river???) deserves it.

Just remember Limit is a game of nasty swings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord
    Just remember Limit is a game of nasty swings...
    Yea, but the is no such thing as a live action NL game around here. Every weekend there is a NL tourney with about 80-90 people. But the tourney is filled with people in sunglasses with hats turned down thinking they are on the WPT. Winning that thing can be like getting hit by lightning on a sunny day! It's unlimited re-buys so the deeper your pocket

I fold ALOT of hands on the flop in limit holdem if i miss the flop. The worst hand I played last night was 97s. I'll even fold small suited connectors.

If my flops don't hit i end up just donating my bets to the pot, but when I hit its the nuts.

Hit the nuts 3 times last night.